Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I just received an email from 'Netflix' saying
    Your Netflix Membership Account Has Been Suspended

We recently failed to validate your payment information we hold on record for your account,
    therefore we need to ask you to complete a brief validation process in order to verify your billing and payment details.

This is a scam email, just in case you receive this. The coincidence of changing to Turkish Netflix might fool some people but don't click on the link in the email. Go straight to Netflix website if you're worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I have had Netflix for 3 straight months for the first time thanks to a free PSN promo and I just won’t do that again every month hear and there is good enough there’s just not enough stuff I like to keep it every month

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

biggebruv wrote: »
    I have had Netflix for 3 straight months for the first time thanks to a free PSN promo and I just won’t do that again every month hear and there is good enough there’s just not enough stuff I like to keep it every month
    Thanks for the contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

biggebruv wrote: »

Good to hear

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Touchvpn is what I used. I'd only use it for that though.

Cheers for info on VPN. I tried a few before and this would not work. Great value. Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

After mulling this over for ages, I decided to pull the trigger and do this.
    I cancelled my account, which was last paid 1st September, and it said that the account will be cancelled the 29th. Today is the 30th and I just tried to stream something to make sure it was cancelled, and its still letting me stream something.

So does this mean its not cancelled yet? Or can I go ahead and do this trick?

When I login to my account, it says "Your membership will be cancelled at the end of your current billing period."

In "Billing Details" it says:
    Your membership will be cancelled on:
    29/09/2018
    Restart membership

So I'm just a little confused if I can do this today or maybe wait until tomorrow. Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

The_B_Man wrote: »
    After mulling this over for ages, I decided to pull the trigger and do this.
    I cancelled my account, which was last paid 1st September, and it said that the account will be cancelled the 29th. Today is the 30th and I just tried to stream something to make sure it was cancelled, and its still letting me stream something.

So does this mean its not cancelled yet? Or can I go ahead and do this trick?

When I login to my account, it says "Your membership will be cancelled at the end of your current billing period."

In "Billing Details" it says:
    Your membership will be cancelled on:
    29/09/2018
    Restart membership

So I'm just a little confused if I can do this today or maybe wait until tomorrow. Any help?

If you try to stream on a cancelled account it will tell you. Up until then you still subscribed. You might have a few hours left.
    Once the message appeared on my app, I VPNed to Turkey and used the browser to sign up with same email and password with location turned off (just incase).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I had same issue and recall it was to do with timezones.

OK so from what I gather, I need to wait until it stops me streaming anything before I can do this workaround?

OK so from what I gather, I need to wait until it stops me streaming anything before I can do this workaround?

Yep

• Advertisement

Tryin to go thru Argentina via Hola. I get this error:

"The credit card company reports that insufficient funds are available to reserve a security deposit. Please use a different card".

There's money on the card. Are Netflix up to something??

"The credit card company reports that insufficient funds are available to reserve a security deposit. Please use a different card".

No Netflix aren’t up to anything, could be your card blocking the payment my Ptsb card was frozen once in London and when I rang the bank they said I didn’t tell them I was going so they froze the card pending authorisation
    Never heard the likes of it before, luckily it wasn’t the only card I had on me at the checkout

Use Revolut and it will take local currency and you will get more favourable rates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Looks like they want a pre-authorisation on your card. Most companies have started doing this. Now Tv takes a €1 authorization on the card to verify and then they charge the card in full after.

Could be that they are locating charging 1 peso, and this is below the minimum requirement of €1 by your bank. I've seen this happen on a few occasions.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

How much is Argentina currently working out at, I finished up with Mexico at the start of September and have since switched to Turkey, currently on my free month, but just wondering now about Argentina ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Can you re-sign up through the app once you have a VPN running?

Argentina is 229 pesos. Roughly €4.80, but it says pre-tax. Not sure what it is after tax.
    Turkey is 39.99 lira which is roughly €5.80. Not sure if there's tax on top of that.

Waiting for the payment to hit my bank from Argentina to see how much it works out as, with bank fees etc.

Btw, its the 1st of the month and I forgot stuff came out today, so ignore my previous messages about the credit card. There was just no money on it!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Argentina is 229 pesos. Roughly €4.80, but it says pre-tax. Not sure what it is after tax.
    Turkey is 39.99 lira which is roughly €5.80. Not sure if there's tax on top of that.

Cant speak for Argentina but the amount I get deducted for Turkey is 39.99 lira. I loaded my revolut account up with lira when the exchange was very low and it's been a steady monthly deduction since with no additional taxes etc.

Taken from an American site published on the 18th of September so the price is in us dollars but it’s clear to see which country is cheaper

Turkey - $3.27 per month
    Argentina - $4.72 per month
    Brazil - $5.36 per month
    Japan - $5.86 per month
    Mexico - $5.88 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Apparently Argentina brought in a digital media tax before the summer of 21%, so what ever the netflix rate is there is 21% added to it when you go to pay.

Cost me €5.52 for Argentina premium plan.

• Advertisement

Cost me €5.52 for Argentina premium plan.

Is that for the 4k 4 screen package ?
    229 arg pesos is working out at €5.26 with Revolut
    Didn’t Argentina bring in a 21% media tax on top of this also ?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Sorry to hijack the thread...

I just want to clarify all the steps before I sign up to Netflix....

1) Open a Revolut bank account for cheaper fees etc... DONE....

2) Get a VPN like VPN Hola and set your destination country to Turkey or Argentina....

3) Sign up for whichever plan on Netflix and it should think I'm in the country I've setup on my VPN...

4) Is that it ???

That’s it

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Is that for the 4k 4 screen package ?
    229 arg pesos is working out at €5.26 with Revolut
    Didn’t Argentina bring in a 21% media tax on top of this also ?

Yes 4k 4 screen package. The current top package.
    Don't know anything about the media tax, just what is showing in my bank statement.

Yes 4k 4 screen package. The current top package.
    Don't know anything about the media tax, just what is showing in my bank statement.

That’s a strange one because all the websites list turkey as the cheapest option for this with Argentina coming second

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Diaell

Have been using Argentina for the past while.
    I'm on premium ultra HD plan.
    Through Revolute I've paid the following for the past few months.
    22nd July 7.18
    22nd Aug 6.54
    22nd Sept 5.29

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

5.90 for 4 screen turkey plan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Once ive paid up on my PC with vpn etc, will i get netflix as per usual on my tv in living room? any need for vpn to actually watch stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Nope. No need for the VPN to watch.

• Advertisement

Nope. No need for the VPN to watch.

Unless you want American Netflix

Advertisement