Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin Marathon - 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭noelearly

I'm thinking of applying too before the cut-off tomorrow. What's the course profile like compared to Dublin? Fast and flat? Might it be still a wee bit warm in mid September ?

Certainly flatter than Dublin. In fact no pulls at all. Bigger crowds obviously but not as loud. Weather last year was misty but humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

There's a reason why every marathon world record is being set in Berlin these days.

I'm not planning on taking on the elites just yet. Just wanted some advice from someone who had some experience running it but thanks all the same....

noelearly wrote:
    Certainly flatter than Dublin. In fact no pulls at all. Bigger crowds obviously but not as loud. Weather last year was misty but humid.

Cheers I'm in so fingers crossed ðŸ‘

I think today is the day we will get the email for confirmation or rejection.

Have it in my head it's the 29th but could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

noelearly wrote: »
    I think today is the day we will get the email for confirmation or rejection.

Have it in my head it's the 29th but could be wrong.

You're a day early :

https://www.bmw-berlin-marathon.com/en/plan-your-race/registration-2018.html
    The results of the drawing will be announced by email on November 30 – December 4, 2017

Waiting here anxiously :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Best of luck to us! Keep those updates coming in please :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hopefully they send them earl.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Hopefully they send them earl.

Got mine around 10 am last year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Do they only reply to the winners or to everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

Phoebas wrote: »
    Do they only reply to the winners or to everyone?
    Successful applicants first ................................... then  the PFO's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Best of luck everyone. Will be frantically spending this morning searching for a contingency marathon a million times better than Berlin....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Best of luck everyone. Will be frantically spending this morning searching for a contingency marathon a million times better than Berlin....

You wouldn't like the numbers doing Berlin, man. You'd hit two people with your arms spread to the horzon gesture crossing the line. ;) What you want is a nice small to medium marathon around the same time. There are loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

PFO's?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

davedanon wrote: »
    PFO's?

Please f*ck off's

Itziger wrote: »
    You wouldn't like the numbers doing Berlin, man. You'd hit two people with your arms spread to the horzon gesture crossing the line. ;) What you want is a nice small to medium marathon around the same time. There are loads.

Ha! I'd sell the rights to that cringey pose for free for a Berlin entry!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

FYI for those using Gmail, last year, Gmail defaulted my reply to junk as the email is in German and English, and it does look a bit like a spammy email. So, go check your junk folder today too. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

e-mails being sent according to their Facebook page- some on there have confirmed they have received acceptance notifications.

MacSwifty wrote: »
    e-mails being sent according to their Facebook page- some on there have confirmed they have received acceptance notifications.

Show-offs...

No news yet for me. Expecting the rejection around 3

Have ye even got FaceBook, lads, where ye are?

• Advertisement

Not on that FB sh**e and no emails for me yet either

Itziger wrote: »
    Have ye even got FaceBook, lads, where ye are?

Is it the latest trend. Can't see it taking off

I saw 3 Irish chaps win early entry yesterday in Facebook in fairness, so it's not all bad! They were offering a few, country by country.

Not on that FB sh**e  and no emails for me yet either
    They might have sent yours to Krusty by mistake.

I'm here all week.

Just got a mail....I'M INNNNN!!! Woohoo!

Congrats!

OK the emails have reached the island... Best of luck folks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Lottery or time base?

Thank you.

Im in Switzerland but Im not sure if that makes a difference to you all getting them (which I hope you do)

Lottery or time base?

Lottery.

I applied on the opening of the window within a few seconds but doubt that has a bearing on anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Oh Christ what I have done... I've gotten in... Oh man Ive ruined my summer holidays. The missus is gonna flip....

Advertisement