Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Excellent win for the wonderful nation of Israel.

Looking forward to the event next year, hopefully in the Israeli city of Jerusalem.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

honeybear wrote: »
    They were very entertaining

Ray D'Arcy needs them on next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Without being mean - I don't care how much she weighs - what was the diversity bit? I missed it completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Sundew wrote: »
    Same here! Cant get rid of the tune in my head. My 4 year old has been singing and dancing to this for the last 48 hrs. She is goona be thrilled when she watches recording in the morning Have been following this thread all evening and whilst I personally was rooting for Austria, I think Israel doesnt quite deserve all the bad press its getting. Roll on 2019 unless we are boycotting! ;-)

Good music to me is melodic, talented singing (not autotuned crap), catchy and lyrics that are wrote from the heart. Israel's 'Toy' was definitely none of that bar catchy. Songs that are just catchy tend to be on my most hated songs list.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

DeadHand wrote: »
    Excellent win for the wonderful nation of Israel.

Looking forward to the event next year, hopefully in the Israeli city of Jerusalem.

aaa.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

I really do think the jury votes are leaked to bookmakers money talks

• Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Without being mean - I don't care how much she weighs - what was the diversity bit? I missed it completely.

Being a half woman, half chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

To match the markings on all Police and Fire vehicles for maximum permanent memory, that's what the conspiracy theorists say.

In America it is month before day, so 9/11 is what it is abbreviated as.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Being a half woman, half chicken.

Oh right.

Would she be upset if I called her a chick?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Phuck off. BDS wing nuts. Discredited.
    Do you want the destruction of Israel?

I would like Israel to be held to account. Just like any other state would be. Not to be protected by good old Uncle Sam every single time. Killing children, killing peaceful protesters, Jesus Christ even killing a man with no legs for the audacity to wave a Palestinian flag from his wheelchair. Now there is a real opportunity to highlight these injustices, and I await the momentum that will inevitably come in the lead up to The Eurovision next year..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

I'm not actually. I'm not surprised that you have zero cultural awareness. yosser hughes wasn't jewish.
    You should try and inform yourself better and yeah you are brainwashed.

I've no clue who yosser Hughes is, not exactly a household name. If you've anything to actually back.this up, please provide it but stop posting utter bollocks about being Brainwashed.

Brainwashed by multiple independent international media outlets, yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Anyone have a link to popular vote results country by country?

You all appear to be sidestepping the most controversial event of the entire evening...

What was going on with Nicky Byrne’s hair?! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'm not actually. I'm not surprised that you have zero cultural awareness. yosser hughes wasn't jewish.
    You should try and inform yourself better and yeah you are brainwashed.

i remember him well, showing my age now

gis a job

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I can't believe classy acts like Estonia and Lithuania lost out against such rubbish.

so true :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

You all appear to be sidestepping the most controversial event of the entire evening...

What was going on with Nicky Byrne’s hair?! :O

12112904.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

People seem to have short memories because the last Two times Israel hosted the Eurovision, it was held in Jerusalem.

And nobody boycotted it.

So whats so different now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I think Ryan has a fantastic voice and it was one of the better songs in years BUT..
    The song was supposed to be a lament for lost love and Ryan was singing with a smile on his face while the 2 dancers were very upbeat.
    I think the song would have come across better if the act matched the lyrics of the song.
    I found it conflicting.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The performance of the night and the winner for me was Australia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

leahyl wrote: »
    The performance of the night and the winner for me was Australia

They were on my votes alright but was unsure between them, Austria and Albania. Estonia too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

mikeym wrote: »
    People seem to have short memories because the last Two times Israel hosted the Eurovision, it was held in Jerusalem.

And nobody boycotted it.

More keyboard warriors knocking about and ‘free Palestinian idiots’ who probably don’t even have a passport such is their worldly knowledge!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,108 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

mikeym wrote: »

And nobody boycotted it.

Social out cry.

If only we worried that much about what's going on in our own country....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

raiders11 wrote: »
    Bet Denmark at 80s each way for top 6, my kids are saying Israel all the way...

Took the kids advice and bet Israel at 4s, still think Denmark was a catchy song, just the singer was poor and were not far off top 6 in the end up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

givyjoe wrote: »
    I've no clue who yosser Hughes is, not exactly a household name. If you've anything to actually back.this up, please provide it but stop posting utter bollocks about being Brainwashed.

Brainwashed by multiple independent international media outlets, yep.

You are brainwashed, trotting out the usual anti-Israel tropes propogated by sections of the left wing media.I'v e a mind of my own, you do not.
    yosser hughes was a character in boys from the black stuff.

I liked Hungary’s song.

The singer barefoot...all very Sandie Shaw - no bad thing :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

thelad95 wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to popular vote results country by country?

Just download the Eurovision app, it’s all there

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Pandora!

Israel won ??? Fix ! They have it rigged !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jaysus, there's some level of misogyny from posters. Not everyone complaining, mind, I fully get a lot of people don't like the song and the style of music.

But the attacks on her looks? Wow. Horrid and toxic.

See ya next year.

Yeah, i'm not a fan of that TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

You are brainwashed, trotting out the usual anti-Israel tropes propogated by sections of the left wing media.I'v e a mind of my own, you do not.
    yosser hughes was a character in boys from the black stuff.

Ha, you've yet to demonstrate this.mind of your own. I've googled him now, and my point stands, not exactly a household name never mind an indicator of.cultural.awareness.

Sections of left wing.media?! The BBC, Reuters, CNN?! Go way will ya, I'm Anti-cunntish behaviour not specifically anti-israel.

Advertisement