Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ophelia - General Discussion/Local reports - See MOD NOTE Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Where is this?

Roche's Point

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I've seen a few people claim this. It's absolutely wild in my part of Dublin, and if you look at the Dublin Fire Brigade map you'll see trees down and issues with roofs all over the city.

Its wild here in Dublin but nothing that I haven't seen before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Suddenly gone sunny and wind disappeared in Coolock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Increase in the sustained winds now, driving rain as well. Glad I'm not out driving as I normally would be at this time.
    Just heard a bang on the roof here, I'm scared to look... I think an old BBC aerial may be gone. Still getting wind readings so not two worried.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭OldRio

Serious gusts in Leitrim. Surrounded by trees. The noise is unbelievable.
    Time to break open the 'Use only in an emergency Holy Water bottle'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,816 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Feck sake power just gone in Offaly where I am on the Kildare/Offaly border.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Samaris wrote: »
    Roches Point, this morning - there's a pair to that photo where there's two trees in that red circle.

About 60km west of Galway is doing okay. WIndy alright, wouldn't want to be outside, but not alarming. Mind you, it was the second part that was due to be the worst hereish.

Not too bad around Athenry. Still have power.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Nice blue sky and rainbow in Ballyfermot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Strong as heck here. Some idiot doing wheelies in the carpark behind my house - which is RIGHT next to the sea!!!

Lights have flickered. Internet dropped for a min. Friend up the hill has no power. Expect ours will go soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Power going in Dublin?

I've stuck the dinner now on just in case...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Still fine in Dublin. Just a blustery afternoon. Seems like the east coast is escaping anyy major winds.
    Sure probably best to hit out for Galway now so, Paddy! ;)
    It would be ridiculous for schools to be closed tomorrow unless the schools themselves are damaged.
    Yep, t'would be a crying shame if the babysitters weren't available.
    B0jangles wrote: »
    I've had nasty little one since about 9 this morning; I though the 'sudden pressure change can trigger headaches' - thing was just a myth, but no, it is a real thing that happens.
    Yep, have experienced that for years and over 4 continents! :D

We Irish just aren't used to extreme atmospheric / weather variations ... our level of weather variation tends to hover between "slight risk of rain" and "yeah, it will probably rain ... you actually surprised, dude?!!"

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Stormy now in Dublin 16 with some really strong gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

2nd death reported this time from Cahir man clearing fallen tree with a chainsaw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I must be in the calmest part of the country now, on the boarder between limerick and clare on the clare side. It's windy out but nothing to write home about, tried taking a video to show my sister who is in australia and it looks like a normal windy day! We are lucky

It would be appreciated if someone could confirm whether it's true that it's ''swinging round to the SW'' esp Clare/Limerick as there are people considering going to work this afternoon. It has been less than severe up to now.

The technical page is broken

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Another fatality, young man in Tipperary. rip

Blue sky and a rainbow!

Blue sky and a rainbow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ice.cube

People after jumping off the diving board here in Salthill in the last 15 minutes. Very rough here atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

donegal county council have a flood warning out at high tide 4:30pm in donegal town

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Still absolutely fine here in Dublin. Small bit blustery but nothing crazy.

There are pretty large trees being pushed over by the wind. What qualifies for "crazy"? Be pretty "crazy" if you were standing or driving under one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Power gone in parts of Bray.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

stevek93 wrote: »
    Dublin 5 power is now gone

Just FaceTimed my mother in Artane, and she still has power (Though she is on the Beaumont side of Artane)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

JOe Duffy just reported that a man has been killed in a chainsaw accident in Tipperary while clearing a felled tree. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Semena Mertvykh

froog wrote: »
    lots of rumours about round 2 coming for cork. anyone got any solid info on that?

Very doubtful. We had the worst between 11-1, the former eye is to the East of Galway now. We'll still get strong gusts but nothing like earlier.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sunny and now grey again :s

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

Still have power in D5. Hasn't been too bad so far. Has it peaked in Dublin yet?

Advertisement