Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Got my Tiso I4 yesterday from Aliexpress. Took less than 2 weeks and they paired fine and fully charged out of the box.

Sound quality is good so far and they are staying in my ears quite well although I may play around with other ear buds to get more comfort but so far so good. I have also walked 35 feet away from my desk and still played the music with no issue.

my only gripes are the buttons need a little more pressure than expected to press, so it feels like I'm wedging the earbud right down my ear canal and its a shame they couldnt set volume controls on the buds but its a small matter

For the price, I'm happy with the device so next is to check the battery life

I found the pairing a bit of a pain in the hole tbh. But once they’re paired they stay paired so it’s fine as a once off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

I found the pairing a bit of a pain in the hole tbh. But once they’re paired they stay paired so it’s fine as a once off

I've seen reviews with pairing issues with the I4, and surprising I read a review that said to remove the right earbud first, then the left and all would pair OK.

Did that and everything works first time.

I've also changed the rubber tips on them too. They come with bullet shape (for sports) and dome shape (for music) and I found the bullet shape one had a great seal, but after 30 mins i was fidgeting with them. But the middle size dome shape ones in and super comfy now.

I've seen reviews with pairing issues with the I4, and surprising I read a review that said to remove the right earbud first, then the left and all would pair OK.

Did that and everything works first time.

I've also changed the rubber tips on them too. They come with bullet shape (for sports) and dome shape (for music) and I found the bullet shape one had a great seal, but after 30 mins i was fidgeting with them. But the middle size dome shape ones in and super comfy now.

Must try the different buds actually. Left fitted fine with stock one but the right could be comfier. I must have a smaller right ear hole or something.

Must try the different buds actually. Left fitted fine with stock one but the right could be comfier. I must have a smaller right ear hole or something.
    That's common enough and I have mixed and matched before. I think the default buds are designed to wedge in tight for those using for exercise, but I'm using them at my desk in work, so I need something comfortable and the alternate buds worked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Are holes in the earbud tips a standardised size? I'd like to change some to the foam types as they'd probably stay in better when running.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Are holes in the earbud tips a standardised size? I'd like to change some to the foam types as they'd probably stay in better when running.

I took the buds off my Sennheiser CX280 and the buds on those seem to be bigger than the I4. They fit and hold, but id say they would fall out when running.

I don't have a ruler to measure to check size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Fairly sure they are but I think there's a few standard sizes :pac:

xckjoo wrote: »
    Fairly sure they are but I think there's a few standard sizes :pac:

Just as I'd feared!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

€10 off the Creative Outlier at the moment if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I got my Tiso i4s a few days ago (17 days from AliExpress). Generally pleased with them - build quality, fit, battery life and sound are all good. My only gripe is very noticable lipsync problems with youtube, Netflix etc on my oneplus 5t. I have read this is often an issue with true wireless earbuds on Android but have nothing else to compare to. Has anyone else had similar issues?

• Advertisement

digitaldr wrote: »
    I got my Tiso i4s a few days ago (17 days from AliExpress). Generally pleased with them - build quality, fit, battery life and sound are all good. My only gripe is very noticable lipsync problems with youtube, Netflix etc on my oneplus 5t. I have read this is often an issue with true wireless earbuds on Android but have nothing else to compare to. Has anyone else had similar issues?

just watched two videos on my Samsung Galaxy S8 and didn't notice any noticeable issues, however i probably need to have a closer look later when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Never thought of trying on another phone - I'll give them a go on an S8 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I hadn't seen AptX mentioned, and tbh I don't use them for watching a lot of video but I just tried there (youtube only) and I didn't have any issues. I am using a Nextbit Robin and a Moto G7 Plus both running Newpipe.

I can try on my others and TV at home. I do watch video more when I am travelling so had completely forgot to check.

Zero issue on iOS. Never used an android phone.

Received my Tiso i4s yesterday. Really impressed with the sound for the price. They’re really small too which is cool because they fit perfectly in my ears, which I think is just luck of the draw with some in-ears, they either suit you or they don’t.

Went for a short run today and they didn’t budge, although the left one felt as if it might, but that may have been sweat loosening it a bit.

Only had a couple of drop outs from the left one but that only really happened when I put my arm over my face to wipe away sweat, so it was obviously blocking the signal. I was using them with my iPhone 7. Still need to try them with my Garmin watch when out for a run.

I did notice the sound being a little bit out of sync when watching some videos through Facebook but that won’t bother me as it’s not the primary reason for getting them.

Overall I’m very impressed with them, especially considering the price. Tempted to pick up the i5’s now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Want to grab a pair of earbuds. Should I go for i4's or i5's? I have a Samsung s7 if that matters but will be upgrading soon anyway.

What is this the best shop to buy from?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

The i5s are only a few quid more .. I'd get those .. I went with the official store for my i4s and they arrived fairly quickly

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000006912758.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5ce84c4d4rfAay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

^^^
    Don't forget to grab the $3 coupon.

I haven't seen these mentioned here before, and I have no idea what they are like, but reduced to €15.95 + €6 shipping they may be worth a punt for anyone that maybe looking.
    JBL T110BT https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B075KNMV7Z/

Sold out or misprice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭corkie

@Scarlet42 How accurate with tracking where your i4's, got an email to say that mine had arrived in the country today. Ordered on the 10th for the i5.
    Never mind @BaZmO* seem to have got his within 4 days when landed in the country, so hopefully I will have mine on/or by Friday.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

corkie wrote: »
    @Scarlet42 How accurate with tracking where your i4's, got an email to say that mine had arrived in the country today. Ordered on the 10th for the i5.
    Never mind @BaZmO* seem to have got his within 4 days when landed in the country, so hopefully I will have mine on/or by Friday.

Mine arrived in the country on July 16th & were delivered on the 19th.

• Advertisement

Tracking is a bit scatty. It was stuck on “landed in country” even though they were delivered. I think it still has no confirmed delivery! :)

Edit- Just checked. Still not showing that it has been delvered on the tracking website.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

my shipment updates .. Read from bottom up!

2019.07.05 06:47 (GMT-7): Delivery successful
    2019.07.05 06:13 (GMT-7): Shipment at local distribution center
    2019.07.05 03:04 (GMT-7): Accepted by Last Mile Carrier
    2019.07.05 03:04 (GMT-7): Shipment at local distribution center
    2019.07.04 15:32 (GMT-7): Arrived at destination country
    2019.06.28 23:30 (GMT-7): Departed country of origin
    2019.06.28 10:48 (GMT-7): Shipment accepted by airline
    2019.06.28 10:48 (GMT-7): Shipment left country of origin warehouse
    2019.06.27 22:58 (GMT-7): Shipment at country of origin warehouse
    2019.06.27 22:28 (GMT-7): Shipment dispatchedy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,228 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anyone any experience with the Anker?

Really been hoping for a discount to ch700n but taotronics 040 looking more and more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Why does tracking say it arrived in country twice??

http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RB782484823SG
    Better than 17track, and aliexpress site info.

I hoping that it is signally that it is in the Cork depot, and in Dublin yesterday.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

noodler wrote: »
    Anyone any experience with the Anker?

Really been hoping for a discount to ch700n but taotronics 040 looking more and more likely.

Anker Space NC would be a safer bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    The i5s are only a few quid more .. I'd get those .. I went with the official store for my i4s and they arrived fairly quickly

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000006912758.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5ce84c4d4rfAay

Whats the official store URL?

Looking at getting 2 pairs one for iPhone and for a One Plus 5 not sure to order from above url. Bought from aliexpress before so no issue buying from them just wondering where the official store is

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WengerOutIn

Ordered these guys a few weeks back. Arrived no issues. They are pretty good for the price. They were stuck in Ireland for ages. Customs must have been banging rocks against them or something.

• Advertisement

Good question!?

This where I ordered from: - https://tiso.aliexpress.com/store/3701003

And above links to: - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/5107007

Advertisement