Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

mrcheez wrote: »
    Is it just me or is there suddenly a huge surge in number of people walking around with white airpods, or copies?! Like 2 months ago you hardly saw any. Was there a recent price drop or something?
    xckjoo wrote: »
    Probably due to the release of the cheaper copies. They're now at the "sure I'll give them a go" price range. The hippy in me worries about what happens when they end up in the garbage dump.

nah I think it's the originals but they've just reach "fad" stage around Feb/Mar

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/apple-s-airpods-once-punchline-emerge-flex-financial-force-n970541

So they're the latest fashion item I guess :)

I'll still stick to my bluetooth earphones with a wire between. Love the way you can hang them from your neck and magnet holds them together.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

noodler wrote: »
    Now I'm torn between the CH700n , bh046 and the newer bh060.

BH046 seems better than BH060. Unfortunately they don't fold - so will be box is much bigger than with BH22 or BH060.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Just thought I'd post an update. Creative replaced my outlier airs and the replacement works perfectly. No dropouts at all. Couldn't be happier with them now. So if anyone still has them and are having drop outs then ask for a replacement. They sent me a label to return for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

deisedevil wrote: »
    Just thought I'd post an update. Creative replaced my outlier airs and the replacement works perfectly. No dropouts at all. Couldn't be happier with them now. So if anyone still has them and are having drop outs then ask for a replacement. They sent me a label to return for free.

I’m nearly tempted to buy another pair even though they would cost more than the first pair I had refunded.

adox wrote: »
    I’m nearly tempted to buy another pair even though they would cost more than the first pair I had refunded.

Ya, they were a good price back when we got them first. Did they mention a replacement to you at all? I was going to ask for a refund too but noticed a few people mentioning that replacements were working perfectly so I gave it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

I've been using my 2nd pair (lost 1st pair after 2 weeks!) for a month now and they're flawless. Connected to phone when walking and also to Garmin watch while running. Not a single drop out in that time. Very very happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

garion wrote: »
    I've been using my 2nd pair (lost 1st pair after 2 weeks!) for a month now and they're flawless. Connected to phone when walking and also to Garmin watch while running. Not a single drop out in that time. Very very happy with them.

How are you finding the battery life? It's the one aspect I was disappointed in - I get about 8 hours absolute max. Still, loving them overall!

How are you finding the battery life? It's the one aspect I was disappointed in - I get about 8 hours absolute max. Still, loving them overall!

To be honest I haven't noticed the battery life. I only use them for short periods, 20-30 mins max as I have over-ear phones for longer trips. I think I've only charged the case once since I got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Serious lack of headphones that are chargeable with a USB C connection. They all seem to still be micro usb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Cienciano wrote: »
    Serious lack of headphones that are chargeable with a USB C connection. They all seem to still be micro usb.

Creative Outlier airs are usb C (wish they were micro usb as I have way more cables! :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Cienciano wrote: »

the only ones i've seen with a USB C connection are the outlier airs.

deisedevil wrote: »
    Ya, they were a good price back when we got them first. Did they mention a replacement to you at all? I was going to ask for a refund too but noticed a few people mentioning that replacements were working perfectly so I gave it a go.

Tbh once they were faulty I just wanted a refund. In hindsight I probably should have got a replacement set but I was kinda annoyed that they had the “glitch” in them and didn’t have confidence a replacement set would be better.
    I got them on release day so there were very few reviews up or solutions to drop out problems.

Tbh once they were faulty I just wanted a refund. In hindsight I probably should have got a replacement set but I was kinda annoyed that they had the “glitch” in them and didn’t have confidence a replacement set would be better.
    I got them on release day so there were very few reviews up or solutions to drop out problems.

Ya that's true and you wouldn't have wanted to be going past the 30 day return period.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

It's very strange that so many of us had issues straight out of the box. Perhaps it was a particular batch that ship to Ireland, I don't know. They seemed very interested to know what phone I had so it could be that Thier testing didn't cover certain phones / platforms etc.....again, I don't know. They didn't push the replacement hard which surprised me. Another reason why I think compatibility with certain phones might be an issue. I've a Nokia 8.

It's very strange that so many of us had issues straight out of the box. Perhaps it was a particular batch that ship to Ireland, I don't know. They seemed very interested to know what phone I had so it could be that Thier testing didn't cover certain phones / platforms etc.....again, I don't know. They didn't push the replacement hard which surprised me. Another reason why I think compatibility with certain phones might be an issue. I've a Nokia 8.

I tried mine with both a OnePlus 6T and also an iPad so I dont think it was a device issue.

I tried mine with both a OnePlus 6T and also an iPad so I dont think it was a device issue.

Ya, I tried iPad and 2 other android phones.

Last night I went running and had my phone in running belt which I usually have to have facing front wards because even my previous bose soundsports would drop connection when it was at my back. The airs worked absolutely perfectly with phone at my back and under my shorts and t-shirt, that's three layers of clothes. Rock solid. Very surprised.

My airs work perfectly with my OnePlus 6T. May be a dodgy early batch of airs maybe. :confused:

garion wrote: »
    My airs work perfectly with my OnePlus 6T. May be a dodgy early batch of airs maybe. :confused:

Yeah thats what Id be thinking from the reports coming out.
    Im very tempted to order a pair again.

Yeah thats what Id be thinking from the reports coming out.
    Im very tempted to order a pair again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w0ZyfkukUs

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

Suckit wrote: »
    These come with high praise from a couple of reviews that I have read, one even saying better than some in the €50 price range.
    IPX5 deep waterproof protection - humid environment, Rain, washing, wet hands, sweat, wet clothes etc. Not an issue.
    With low power consumption (Bluetooth 5.0), they can be in operation for up to 40 hours: fully charged work 4 hours with smartphones with Bluetooth 4.1 (4.2), and with smartphones with Bluetooth 5.0 as much as 6 hours.
    They can be used in single mode (1 earphone).
    6mm drivers in each earbud.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32977905673.html

thanks for this, mine arrived this morning .. ordered them on the 24th June .. they are actually pretty good, very good quality and paired quickly and no probs with my S7, they seem to fit my ears ok .. usually I can't get a set to fit, will be interesting running with them to see if they stay in.

Sean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Anyone got the Creative Outlier Black headphones?

Stuck between the Creative Outlier, TTBH060 and Jabra Move.

All around the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    thanks for this, mine arrived this morning .. ordered them on the 24th June .. they are actually pretty good, very good quality and paired quickly and no probs with my S7, they seem to fit my ears ok .. usually I can't get a set to fit, will be interesting running with them to see if they stay in.

Sean

Ordered on 24th as well. Didnt get mine today :mad:

I guess I will have to wait till Mon / Tue. Looking forward to it :)

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Ordered on 24th as well. Didnt get mine today :mad:

I guess I will have to wait till Mon / Tue. Looking forward to it :)

I got an email on Wednesday to say they had arrived in Ireland ..

now my wife and daughter want a pair!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I got an email on Wednesday to say they had arrived in Ireland ..

now my wife and daughter want a pair!

I got that mail on Wed as well, so guess its due to the location or something that it didnt get delivered today for me.

Was it delivered by Anpost?

coldfire1x wrote: »
    I got that mail on Wed as well, so guess its due to the location or something that it didnt get delivered today for me.

Was it delivered by Anpost?

yes ..I'm in Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

OnLooker wrote: »
    Anyone got the Creative Outlier Black headphones?

Stuck between the Creative Outlier, TTBH060 and Jabra Move.

All around the same price

You seem to be all-over-the-place... Jabra are on-ear, the others over-ear. TT-BH060 have ANC, the other two don't. Jabra don't fold, TT do.
    You need to decide what kind you really want/need :)

If you're looking for quality wireless headphones on budget without ANC, get Edifier W830BT.
    If ANC is your thing, do you need folding headphones? If no - BH046 get raving reviews - but clamp strongly and might be a bit tight on a large head.
    If you want folding headphones with ANC, BH22 and BH060 both seem like good option with differences that are unit specific. BH22 are a bit more comfortable, while BH060 seem a bit better build. Mpow H10 are worth looking at as well. A step up you'd have JBL E65BTNC and Sennseiser HD 4.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

Sean

Got mine Friday too and went for a run this morning. Was wearing a vivoactive 3 music watch on my left arm and experienced a small amount of cut out so I just switched ear buds and works perfect. Delighted with these, thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

grogi wrote: »
    You seem to be all-over-the-place... Jabra are on-ear, the others over-ear. TT-BH060 have ANC, the other two don't. Jabra don't fold, TT do.
    You need to decide what kind you really want/need :)

If you're looking for quality wireless headphones on budget without ANC, get Edifier W830BT.
    If ANC is your thing, do you need folding headphones? If no - BH046 get raving reviews - but clamp strongly and might be a bit tight on a large head.
    If you want folding headphones with ANC, BH22 and BH060 both seem like good option with differences that are unit specific. BH22 are a bit more comfortable, while BH060 seem a bit better build. Mpow H10 are worth looking at as well. A step up you'd have JBL E65BTNC and Sennseiser HD 4.50.

Went for the BH060 today👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Sean

Mine arrived today. They don't seem to be pairing with each other though? Is it just a case of taking them out and and turning both on and they should pair together? At the moment I can only pair them individually to my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Mine arrived today. They don't seem to be pairing with each other though? Is it just a case of taking them out and and turning both on and they should pair together? At the moment I can only pair them individually to my phone.

they should both turn on automatically when you take them out of the case. when you pair them you should only see the right one and that is the one you should pair to.

Advertisement