Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭corkie

I still have a question. how do I use just the left earbud while keeping the right one charged and ready for later use in the box.
    main reason is for work , one earbud in use at a time would be the most practical. thanks

You can pair each of the buds for separate use.

Take the left only out of the box, and look to pair a new device with your phone.
    It should be listed as 'Tiso-i5_L'.

Which ever bud you connect to your phone first, because the master,
    so you could take out the other and it will have stereo sound.

Along as you don't put the master in the box, you can jump from single to stereo and back again.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

corkie wrote: »
    You can pair each of the buds for separate use.

Take the left only out of the box, and look to pair a new device with your phone.
    It should be listed as 'Tiso-i5_L'.

Which ever bud you connect to your phone first, because the master,
    so you could take out the other and it will have stereo sound.

Along as you don't put the master in the box, you can jump from single to stereo and back again.

thanks for that. so now I have each one connecting up individually but not together anymore, which is my work ideal use case. for going home I'd like to quickly have them pair up .
    It seems like you cannot have your cake and eat it . to get them both to pair up I have to reset the earbuds and get them to connect.
    I'm probably missing something in getting them to pair because as I understand it , you can have two masters in the devices list L and R and use their paired counterparts or not. So it seems my problem is pairing both during a reset. I'll look at the manual tonight and have more time to hopefully get it sorted. I'm almost there . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

thanks for that. so now I have each one connecting up individually but not together anymore, which is my work ideal use case. for going home I'd like to quickly have them pair up .
    It seems like you cannot have your cake and eat it . to get them both to pair up I have to reset the earbuds and get them to connect.
    I'm probably missing something in getting them to pair because as I understand it , you can have two masters in the devices list L and R and use their paired counterparts or not. So it seems my problem is pairing both during a reset. I'll look at the manual tonight and have more time to hopefully get it sorted. I'm almost there . Thanks

so here is what i think you need to do. When you pair them initially it will select one of the buds as the master. In my case it was the right bud. So I see Tiso-i5_R in my list of bluetooth devices. If i want to listen to just one i can just take the right one out of the case. It then works in mono. If i want to listen to both i can take the left out of the case and it will automatically pair with the right so i now have stereo. If i want to go back to mono i can take the left one out and put it back in the case. The left one will disconnect but the right one will keep playing. I tried to connect the left one on its own as corkie suggested but that messed things up when i took the right out of the box as it was now trying to connect to 2 bluetooth devices.

so here is what i think you need to do. When you pair them initially it will select one of the buds as the master. In my case it was the right bud. So I see Tiso-i5_R in my list of bluetooth devices. If i want to listen to just one i can just take the right one out of the case. It then works in mono. If i want to listen to both i can take the left out of the case and it will automatically pair with the right so i now have stereo. If i want to go back to mono i can take the left one out and put it back in the case. The left one will disconnect but the right one will keep playing. I tried to connect the left one on its own as corkie suggested but that messed things up when i took the right out of the box as it was now trying to connect to 2 bluetooth devices.

corkie to confirm but yes, if I get him and probably you, what I should be doing is having two devices on my phone , tiso L and R , when I have it all paired up correctly , whichever one I take out first becomes the master and works mono until connected up with the slave. that would be the perfect solution and probably how they are designed. I had the right as master this morning with the left connected as slave. have yet to be able to do it the other way around. right now I have L & R each as master but without slaves. fingers crossed i'll get there.

corkie to confirm but yes, if I get him and probably you, what I should be doing is having two devices on my phone , tiso L and R , when I have it all paired up correctly , whichever one I take out first becomes the master and works mono until connected up with the slave. that would be the perfect solution and probably how they are designed. I had the right as master this morning with the left connected as slave. have yet to be able to do it the other way around. right now I have L & R each as master but without slaves. fingers crossed i'll get there.

No, you're not getting me. Leave it paired as normal with just the right. If you want to listen in mono just take the right one out of the box on its own. If you want stereo then take the left one out of the box as well. if you want mono again just put the left one back in the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

No, you're not getting me. Leave it paired as normal with just the right. If you want to listen in mono just take the right one out of the box on its own. If you want stereo then take the left one out of the box as well. if you want mono again just put the left one back in the box.

I think the bit you're not getting is that he wants to be able to alternate buds in work if needed. To spread battery usage, and sometimes it's better to use one eat than the other.
    So, ideally he's looking for whichever single bid he takes it first to be master playing in mono, and then when decide is taken out it should auto become slave.
    This might not be possible, but would be the ideal alright.

Mine haven't arrived yet, but this is helping me understand what does/doesn't work with them in advance. Ideally I'd like above functionality too; but for €20 I'm willing to live with stone limitations

I had that , so I got you . the thing with that is I 'need' to work with one earphone and travel with two, so the scenario works for one earphone being mono but not the other , in effect meaning I can only use the master in mono and the slave will not be used at work.
    Ideally, I could pair up L and later R as master and then use them as mono or stereo depending on what I want at the time.

I had that , so I got you . the thing with that is I 'need' to work with one earphone and travel with two, so the scenario works for one earphone being mono but not the other , in effect meaning I can only use the master in mono and the slave will not be used at work.
    Ideally, I could pair up L and later R as master and then use them as mono or stereo depending on what I want at the time.

If you want to be able to alternate between them then you will have to pair the left on its own as well. you will also have to turn on dual audio in your bluetooth settings. Essentially they will no longer work as a pair but as two independent bluetooth devices.

Messing around with which is the master can confuse the buds.

I have not tried Dual Audio with them. At least I don't think so.

How to reset! 'Tiso i5' because instructions are not clear.
    • Put both in the charger.
    • Take out the right and put to your ear, press button and listen till it turns off.
    • Take out the left and do the same.
    • Now press the button on them both at the same time, until the light turns darker/brighter red. Both should now be off.
    • Turn them both back on at the one at a time. And one should stop flashing. What ever is flashing is the master.
    • They should be flashing, click one of them whichever you want as master.
    • And re-pair to phone,as resetting may mess with phone settings.
    Edit: - Make sure BT is off on your phone/device so not to interfere with process.

At one stage, I didn't have to reset them to switch master, but as I opened with, messing around with them can confuse the pairing and result in them not pairing to each other. Also they might have utilized dual audio mode at the time without me noticing.

Trial and error, got me to the above, with messing around with them.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Messing around with which is the master can confuse the buds.

I have not tried Dual Audio with them. At least I don't think so.

How to reset! 'Tiso i5' because instructions are not clear.
    • Put both in the charger.
    • Take out the right and put to your ear, press button and listen till it turns off.
    • Take out the left and do the same.
    • Now press the button on them both at the same time, until the light turns dark red. Both should now be off.
    • Turn them both back on at the same time.
    • They should be flashing, click one of them whichever you want as master. The other should stop flashing.
    • And re-pair to phone,as resetting may mess with phone settings.
    Edit: - Make sure BT is off on your phone/device so not to interfere with process.

At one stage, I didn't have to reset them to switch master, but as I opened with, messing around with them can confuse the pairing and result in them not pairing to each other. Also they might have utilized dual audio mode at the time without me noticing.

Trial and error, got me to the above, with messing around with them.

I don't have Bluetooth 5 on the android so no dual audio but good tip and prob would have solved my problem if I had it. I tried to follow corkies instructions but I couldn't pair them . will try tonight using manual as well. I've got both working on mono which is the most important scenario for me

am left wondering if the design is to support both being master and in mono when just taking one out the box and stereo when it's both. surely is logical but there might be technical reason why this mightn't be the case.

• Advertisement

And for some reason, can't seem to make the left become the master anymore.

Don't have dual audio on Android Oreo, so wasn't been used.

The phone must have switched connection to the right bud, when I thought I was connecting through the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Can't you turn on Mono audio in Android anyway? I'm sure you can on iPhone too.
    It should be under Accessibility.

The QR Code isn't much help
    http://qr61.cn/o8wHST/qjoyBMP

Suckit wrote: »
    Can't you turn on Mono audio in Android anyway? I'm sure you can on iPhone too.
    It should be under Accessibility.

The QR Code isn't much help
    http://qr61.cn/o8wHST/qjoyBMP

Just goes here: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqGJeXv3NGI

Timing in that video is way off, takes longer presses to achieve the reset on i5.

Mono Audio is just to combine channels when using single buds. Setting is in Accessibility.

There is also 'Bluetooth Audio Codec: Channel Mode' in dev options.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

bluewolf wrote: »
    gonna give these a go... will report back again

i really love the ones i have but the lack of being able to use them last minute without charging for 20 mins first is a nuisance

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mpow-Bluetooth-Headphones-Waterproof-Microphone-Black/dp/B07Q453S63/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=wireless+sport+in+ear+earphones&qid=1563966859&s=gateway&sr=8-3

sounds good, feels good - hopefully will stay on for a run & no charging issues
    left and right sides can magnetically stick together, handy for storage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Bought these but unfortunately they are unsatisfactory to pair with, basically only work as I want when I’m not moving, walking is crap and running with it in my arse pocket is unuseable...even though the reviews are brilliant. Could it be that my Bluetooth on my phone is very weak or damaged. It’s an iPhone 6, fairly old.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SZBN34X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Bought these but unfortunately they are unsatisfactory to pair with, basically only work as I want when I’m not moving, walking is crap and running with it in my arse pocket is unuseable...even though the reviews are brilliant. Could it be that my Bluetooth on my phone is very weak or damaged. It’s an iPhone 6, fairly old.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SZBN34X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do you have anything else you could try pairing your phone with, and another phone that you could try pairing the earphones with?
    It could be that you got a faulty pair, but try to find out first.

Should be painless enough to send them back and get replacements.

Do you have anything else you could try pairing your phone with, and another phone that you could try pairing the earphones with?
    It could be that you got a faulty pair, but try to find out first.

Should be painless enough to send them back and get replacements.

An iPad, seems to work better but not prepared to do the jogging test holding my iPad.

It’s not extremely painful but returning stuff is pretty painful.

No need to jog, but could you try and move around your garden/house, even leaving the iPad on a table near you and then seeing how they are.
    Yeah, returning is annoying, but the alternative could be much worse.

No need to jog, but could you try and move around your garden/house, even leaving the iPad on a table near you and then seeing how they are.
    Yeah, returning is annoying, but the alternative could be much worse.

Seem to work good with my iPad. My phone’s Bluetooth “aerial” seems to be the problem.

Annoying.

Not sure if any of these will help, but maybe worth having a look at - https://www.howtogeek.com/278170/how-to-troubleshoot-bluetooth-problems-on-your-iphone-or-ipad/
    https://www.imore.com/how-to-fix-bluetooth-iphone-ipad

Was there an issue with BT on iPhone 6? or 6S? I have a very bad memory of that, but it may have been something I skipped past. Worth checking that maybe?

Edit - It could be the same thing, but a quick search threw this up, I didn't read over it
    https://www.technobezz.com/5-ways-to-fix-iphone-6s-bluetooth-not-working/

• Advertisement

Not sure if any of these will help, but maybe worth having a look at - https://www.howtogeek.com/278170/how-to-troubleshoot-bluetooth-problems-on-your-iphone-or-ipad/
    https://www.imore.com/how-to-fix-bluetooth-iphone-ipad

Was there an issue with BT on iPhone 6? or 6S? I have a very bad memory of that, but it may have been something I skipped past. Worth checking that maybe?

Edit - It could be the same thing, but a quick search threw this up, I didn't read over it
    https://www.technobezz.com/5-ways-to-fix-iphone-6s-bluetooth-not-working/

Thanks a lot, not aware of any Bluetooth issues for the iPhones 6, I’ll keep it in mind.

Those articles are helping people where the Bluetooth connection doesn’t function at all. Mine does. It’s just ****e. If I put it in my pocket it’s ****e. If I hold my phone in my hand it’s better. Fierce annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Got my tiso i5's yesterday.
    Happy enough.
    The fully wireless thing is kinda cool, although I miss being able to just pop them out and knowing they won't hit the floor. Sound is decent, as good as my previous admirer soundbud slims.
    Not so sure about cycling with them, haven't grown to trust them to not fall out yet, and again like having a wire that lets me pip them out without throwing under a car. I'm sure somebody will make wires for wireless earbuds soon (runs to log patent).
    Oh, and I miss the little wings on the buds which made my old ones secure without relying on wedding into my ear canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Got my tiso i5's yesterday.
    Happy enough.
    The fully wireless thing is kinda cool, although I miss being able to just pop them out and knowing they won't hit the floor. Sound is decent, as good as my previous admirer soundbud slims.
    Not so sure about cycling with them, haven't grown to trust them to not fall out yet, and again like having a wire that lets me pip them out without throwing under a car. I'm sure somebody will make wires for wireless earbuds soon (runs to log patent).
    Oh, and I miss the little wings on the buds which made my old ones secure without relying on wedding into my ear canal.

Make sure you try the different size and type of earbud tips that comes with the earbuds, as I switched mine around to find the most comfortable.

You could also buy ear hooks if needed.
    Something like these
    https://zipbuds.com/products/26-silicone-c-locks
    https://shop.rowkin.com/products/ear-hooks
    There are hundreds of different types - way too many to link.

Tiso i5 @ €19.95 at present!

Also battery performance on the these are excellent!

So people saying they want to utilize single bud switching. Unless your on a long 10 hour journey, the need to do that, should be rare.

Don't know if I mentioned before but interfaces from Electric Cabinets/Junction Box doesn't cause drop outs on these 5.0!

Tiso i5 @ €19.95 at present!

Also battery performance on the these are excellent!

So people saying they want to utilize single bud switching. Unless your on a long 10 hour journey, the need to do that, should be rare.

Don't know if I mentioned before but interfaces from Electric Cabinets/Junction Box doesn't cause drop outs on these 5.0!

I'm using single bug switching constantly because that's the trade off I'm left with . either have them working together as expected or setup each bud independently from each other. I'm using one earbud at work with the other in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I got around to using the i4's with my Garmin watch over the weekend. Absolutely useless, kept cutting out. I think it may be the watch though as the same happens with all the other wireless headphones that I've tried.

Mixcder HD401 Reviews - https://www.google.com/search?q=mixcder%20hd401%20review
    These are on sale on Amazon Spain for €22.90 + shipping using code R8NJRE2G
    https://www.amazon.es/dp/B06XPG5YPV
    For ordering one pair
    Shipping to Ireland - €8.13 or €8.96 for faster delivery = €31.12/€31.95

No real saving on shipping to PW/PM/AP - €4.47 = €27.46

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Around the same price on aliexpress but I guess it may be hit with customs.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32824829313.html

• Advertisement

Mixcder HD401 Reviews - https://www.google.com/search?q=mixcder%20hd401%20review
    These are on sale on Amazon Spain for €22.90 + shipping using code R8NJRE2G
    https://www.amazon.es/dp/B06XPG5YPV
    For ordering one pair
    Shipping to Ireland - €8.13 or €8.96 for faster delivery = €31.12/€31.95

No real saving on shipping to PW/PM/AP - €4.47 = €27.46

Every time i open this thread i am afraid I will buy another set of headphones. My fear has been justified again. cheers.

Advertisement