Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WengerOutIn

has anyone ever ordered a phone from Alixpress?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33044932726.html - Is the store I bought the i4's from.
    But I'm sure the global store is okay too, and was a couple of quid cheaper using the coupon, but they've reduced that coupon to $1 now.
    Now doubt they are seeing an interest in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

has anyone ever ordered a phone from Alixpress?
    This thread might help you.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057892570&page=62

• Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Whats the official store URL?

Looking at getting 2 pairs one for iPhone and for a One Plus 5 not sure to order from above url. Bought from aliexpress before so no issue buying from them just wondering where the official store is

this is the URL for the official store.

https://tiso.aliexpress.com/store/3701003?spm=a2g19.helppage_7aypo.0.0.77a6150bObGnq8

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

gonna give these a go... will report back again

i really love the ones i have but the lack of being able to use them last minute without charging for 20 mins first is a nuisance

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mpow-Bluetooth-Headphones-Waterproof-Microphone-Black/dp/B07Q453S63/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=wireless+sport+in+ear+earphones&qid=1563966859&s=gateway&sr=8-3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »
    Good question!?

This where I ordered from: - https://tiso.aliexpress.com/store/3701003
    this is the URL for the official store.

tiso.aliexpress.com/store/3701003 ?spm=a2g19.helppage_7aypo.0.0.77a6150bObGnq8

Already shared that store, remove everything after the '?spm' and cookies from urls when posting.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Already shared that store, remove the spam and cookies from urls when posting.

spam?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

ordered 2 pairs of i5 for us seller says it takes about 15 days before I receive them

My i5's arrived today. ordered on the 11th. paired instantly.

The box that the i5's come in is tiny. Much more pocketable. Less than half the size of the box for the creative airs and it is a fully closed box unlike the open box for the i4's. it also has a charging indicator on the front of the box.

• Advertisement

Mine also arrived today ~~ Tiso i5!

486353.png

^^^ Case, Euro, Tiso i5, QCY Q29 Pro, and S530.
    (1 euro coin, 23.25 mm Diameter)

Some one was asking about replacing buds/eartips on them, they look like the standard connection.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Good stuff. I do wish there was a charging indicator on the case for the i4's but happy enough anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,490 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I picked up a pair of Taotronics BH-060s during the prime sale.
    Bought them to replace Mixcder MS301's that my son had both broken, and claimed ownership of ;)

Much like everyone else here, I'm quite happy with them.
    I don't find them too tight at all, and that's on a big head but they are very secure on head and quite comfortable.
    Much lighter than my previous Over-ear headphones too.

I use V4A as my audio processor and after a little tweaking, the performance and audio clarity is IMO excellent and really belies the price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Good stuff. I do wish there was a charging indicator on the case for the i4's but happy enough anyway.

There is. Red means charging and white means fully charged. the little LEDs are on either side of where you plug in the cable.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    There is. Red means charging and white means fully charged. the little LEDs are on either side of where you plug in the cable.

Gotcha. Actually charged the case for the first time today since getting them and noticed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

486353.png

Some one was asking about replacing buds/eartips on them, they look like the standard connection.

How do they sound?

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    How do they sound?

To my NOT audiophile ears, grand with good volume range.

Also got feedback on the call quality today, and the person also on car bluetooth, said I sounded fine.

Binaural Stereo (both earbuds) calls.

Haven't test properly but reported battery on the device looks accurate.
    4h(/6h with 5.0). Had them on for 2 hours (about 1h or so active playback) and phone only reported drop to 80%.

Buds are small and light, barely notice you would have them in, powerful for there size.

Will be testing a longer time playback tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

486353.png

Excuse my ignorance how can you answer calls using these. Got a pair for myself on android one plus 5 and other half who has a iPhone

Still waiting for them to be shipped

Excuse my ignorance how can you answer calls using these. Got a pair for myself on android one plus 5 and other half who has a iPhone

Still waiting for them to be shipped

Like any bluetooth airbuds, just press the multi-function button when your phone rings to answer the call.

You need to be wearing them at the time. If you have them on and paired just call someone with your phone. Or voice assistant commands to place a call.

Thanks @Suckit for recommending & posting about 'Tiso i5'!

After 3 Hours + continued use tonight, really impressed with this device.

Only used a reported 30% battery in that time.

Tested youtube on my Nexus 9 (non 5.0 BT device) and no noticeable lag on videos.

Sound isolation might not be great, hear background sounds in a noisy environment. But that could be due to foam tips and medium volume level.

Either bud can me used as the master, it depends on which you pair to your device first on turning them on. or used singly.

Great value for €20+ approx, depending on deals/vouchers.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33044932726.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

got my tiso i5 today. had a to reset them to get them to pair and work on my android. then no sound. restarted android and they work fine. they stick out of my ears a little bit so are more noticable than i thought they might be but they are great so far (only using them 10 mins ...) how do i check the battery level of the earphones ? though a tiso app maybe ? thanks

got my tiso i5 today. had a to reset them to get them to pair and work on my android. then no sound. restarted android and they work fine. they stick out of my ears a little bit so are more noticable than i thought they might be but they are great so far (only using them 10 mins ...) how do i check the battery level of the earphones ? though a tiso app maybe ? thanks

An android oreo or latter battery levels are indicated/approximated in Bluetooth Settings, no additional app required.

Android 8.1 feature spotlight: Bluetooth battery level comes to all devices, now shows battery bar in Quick Settings

Even with them sticking out a very small bit, no way as bulky as QCY Q29 Pro and they have
    a similar size to (a bit smaller than the) mini S530 [Diameter length 20MM. Width 15MM. 18mm high]).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Bose SoundLink Around-Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphones II - £130

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0117RGD0K

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

Received my tiso i5 on Friday, only had a quick play with them. But appears to have a slight lag on Netflix. Phone is an OnePlus 6t. Anyone else have the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Huuhien

Does anyone here compare the quality sound between Tiso i4 and Tiso i5, please?

So I have the Taotronics Bh060 over ear Bluetooth a week or two now and they work flawlessly and realiably with all Bluetooth devices. Bit unfair to compare them to say the tiso i5 as it's such a size difference but I've been left mostly frustrated
    I had issues where they would be connected but I wouldn't have sound from the android phone . only solution that I know worked was to reboot the phone. this issue happened often.
    Now I have the issue where the right bud will connect with the phone and play but the left one won't . I have tried resetting both buds at the same time and taking out the right ear bud out of the box first but to no avail.
    They did seem to work on Saturday but that was a quick test. i'll check the manual tonight and I have another pair of i5's belonging to the kids that I can test out but anyone with some tips or has/had the same issue I'd be interested in hearing from ye

Huuhien wrote: »
    Does anyone here compare the quality sound between Tiso i4 and Tiso i5, please?

At a guess the Earbuds are nearly exactly the same. Going by the specs, using the exact same driver.

i4: -

HTB1LjaTJwHqK1RjSZFkq6x.WFXaL.jpg

i5: -

HTB1yv0deG5s3KVjSZFNq6AD3FXa4.jpg

So comparing the sound between the 2 would require bionic hearing or expensive equipment to tell the difference.

They maybe even the exact same buds, with just a different charging case?

so I seem to have got the left and the right working, I think the left was turning off after the right got connected because I hadn't reset them together correctly when doing a reset. So I seem to have them working for now and they connect very fast when I take em out of the box.

I still have a question. how do I use just the left earbud while keeping the right one charged and ready for later use in the box.
    main reason is for work , one earbud in use at a time would be the most practical. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Huuhien

At a guess the Earbuds are nearly exactly the same. Going by the specs, using the exact same driver.

: -

: -

So comparing the sound between the 2 would require bionic hearing or expensive equipment to tell the difference.

They maybe even the exact same buds, with just a different charging case?

Haha, thanks for your infomation, I just only need someone had both of them and show him/her feeling about it.

• Advertisement

so I seem to have got the left and the right working, I think the left was turning off after the right got connected because I hadn't reset them together correctly when doing a reset. So I seem to have them working for now and they connect very fast when I take em out of the box.

I still have a question. how do I use just the left earbud while keeping the right one charged and ready for later use in the box.
    main reason is for work , one earbud in use at a time would be the most practical. thanks

With my I4, if I have both in the case, and I remove just one, it turns on and I listen to music etc, while the other charges.

Advertisement