Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

coldfire1x wrote: »
    ^^ Around the same price on aliexpress but I guess it may be hit with customs.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32824829313.html
    Yeah, and much faster delivery.

Every time i open this thread i am afraid I will buy another set of headphones. My fear has been justified again. cheers.
    If it's any consolation, I didn't want to buy them either... shrug2.gifmusic.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Suckit wrote: »
    Yeah, and much faster delivery.

If it's any consolation, I didn't want to buy them either... shrug2.gifmusic.gif

It says the expected delivery date is next monday, which would be fantastic. and it did my spanish the world of good. Gracias :D

These just got a fairly decent review. For $15 (now $11.60)
    Nothing amazing, but a well known brand, they come with product authentication check on the box.
    The microphone doesn't have noise isolation (wind, machinery etc.), but is apparently an excellent mic. Sturdy fit, decent quality.
    10 hours playback at 70 - 80% volume.
    Well made, decent cheap sport earphones.
    I'm procrastinating, but for €10.40 maybe worth checking out.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33038612355.html

A bit of copy/paste
    The middle button is a multifunctional button, it is to pause/play, power on/off, it is also to answer/reject a call, can also be used to call back the last dialled number, and finally, it is also used for voice assistant.
    Google assistant works without any issue.
    First Experience. The earhooks are very comfortable, the headphones fit tightly and are able to withstand shaking when running, and any jerking.
    There is slight sound effect from the microphone cable when there is no music when the cable rubs off clothes.
    In the first couple of days it was slightly uncomfortable in places where the earhook ends. But by the third day, all negative feelings disappeared and I no longer experienced any discomfort.

He goes on to compare them against a few other cheap earphones, and mentions that the sound from these is much clearer/better than the others tested. Mainly these 1More E1023BT which have in the past had decentish reviews.
    good enough reviews to drive the price up ridiculously it would seem - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33023322413.html

Edited:
    I won't be buying these, as I don't need them. But may be a good choice for anyone looking for a cheap known brand pair of sports earphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Cheers

I also ordered
    Mixcder HD401 Reviews - https://www.google.com/search?q=mixcder%20hd401%20review
    These are on sale on Amazon Spain for €22.90 + shipping using code R8NJRE2G
    https://www.amazon.es/dp/B06XPG5YPV
    For ordering one pair
    Shipping to Ireland - €8.13 or €8.96 for faster delivery = €31.12/€31.95

No real saving on shipping to PW/PM/AP - €4.47 = €27.46

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Returning stuff to amazon is odd, they expect you to attach a pre printed label to the envelope saying the product details, price, my name, address and email.

It’s a “commercial invoice”. Why I can’t just put it in the envelope is what I’m wondering.

• Advertisement

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Returning stuff to amazon is odd, they expect you to attach a pre printed label to the envelope saying the product details, price, my name, address and email.

It’s a “commercial invoice”. Why I can’t just put it in the envelope is what I’m wondering.
    I think it helps them sort it out in their returns warehouse quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Just got my Pamu Slide wireless ear puds from indiegogo, really impressed so far. 10 hours playback, bluetooth 5.0 and they compare favoubly or better than airpods if you look at reviews, there are loads on youtube

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/25/comparing-69-pamu-slide-wireless-earbuds-to-apple-airpods.html

Cost me €50 and took about 4 weeks to come from Hong Kong, I think they are gone up in price slighty. Great bit of kit

Here is the link if you are interested and before you ask this is NOT a referral link

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pamu-slide-born-for-music-never-fall-out?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bck-08052019update&utm_term=#/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭corkie

@bennyineire

Glad to hear that someone got a positive result from indiegogo!
    www.indiegogo.com/projects/pamu-slide-born-for-music-never-fall-out ?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bck-08052019update&utm_term=#/

Not a referral, but pet peeve of mine, that people don't shorten browser crap from links especially from aliexpress.

Everything incl and after the ? can be removed.

Edit: - Did you get stung for VAT? And was shipping included in the price?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭bennyineire

corkie wrote: »
    @bennyineire

Glad to hear that someone got a positive result from indiegogo!

Not a referral, but pet peeve of mine, that people don't shorten browser crap from links especially from aliexpress.

Everything incl and after the ? can be removed.

Edit: - Did you get stung for VAT? And was shipping included in the price?

Shipping included and no vat, delivered by TNT too.

In regards to being annoyed by the link been to long, meh life is to short to be annoyed by such trivial nonsense. It's not like you have to type it in :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Just picked up these guys. Really liking them so far.

454355-sennheiser-hd-4-50-btnc.jpg?width=810&height=456

I was also up in Dundrum Bose shop the other day and they have a deal on Edit: made a boo boo. Not the QC35II. It's the Soundlink that's on special. Down from 230 to 130. I think she said they were out of the box or something, but verified quality.

QC are down to 300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

tusk wrote: »
    Just picked up these guys. Really liking them so far.

454355-sennheiser-hd-4-50-btnc.jpg?width=810&height=456

I was also up in Dundrum Bose shop the other day and they have a deal on Edit: made a boo boo. Not the QC35II. It's the Soundlink that's on special. Down from 230 to 130. I think she said they were out of the box or something, but verified quality.

QC are down to 300

Between the HD 4.50 and TT-BH22 I actually prefer the the BH22. Not only the earcups are bigger, but the ANC is better.

Should this thread move to the Headphones & Portable Audio Devices forum?
    Like the Android phones or Nintendo, Lego, Bikes etc..?
    Sorry, not trying to backseat mod, but the guys there would have much better insight into some of the headphones as already a few of them posted with better tips etc..
    Seems like it could be an option. shrug2.gif

^^^ Don't think so! It is a dead slow forum.

I posted about the Pamu Slide there as well and cross-posted here. No replies in the thread.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

The Mixcder HD401 arrived today.. :eek:
    That must be a record for me ordering from any of the amazons. I was half expecting it not to arrive on Monday, but on the other side of it.
    Haven't even opened them yet, worked late last night and only awake about an hour. I will get to them when I get home later on. But it was a nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I have been watching the airpod clones for a while and these seem to be the best out there now.
    They are more exp the the i12tws etc but Id prefer to pay more for a higher quality product. It seems from the review below that its near exact copy to the "original"

White : €63
    Black : €63

Will you open them for the love of God !!

That must be a record for me ordering from any of the amazons. I was half expecting it not to arrive on Monday, but on the other side of it.
    Haven't even opened them yet, worked late last night and only awake about an hour. I will get to them when I get home later on. But it was a nice surprise.

brightkane wrote: »

Ha, I can't now, I'm not even in the same county.. :)
    Hindsight, if I had been a bit more awake this morning I could have brought them with me. But I probably wouldn't get anything done.

Ha, I can't now, I'm not even in the same county.. :)
    Hindsight, if I had been a bit more awake this morning I could have brought them with me. But I probably wouldn't get anything done.

Mine say posted today with an anpost tracking number so expecting them Tuesday

brightkane wrote: »
    Opened and been using them most of the day.
    They are very comfortable. I was using them with TV (using this) for early morning and no lag or issues. Great sound, very clear.
    Then today I was using them wired and wireless with a couple of devices.
    I'm happy with them :) Nice bass (not too much) and very clear.
    They are soft and the plastic band feels almost partly rubber, not sure what it could withstand, don't plan on finding out.

Cheers
    Looking forward to getting them tomorrow 😊
    Got them as I lost my creative outlier I got earlier on this thread which I found today while cleaning out the car 🙈

Opened and been using them most of the day.
    They are very comfortable. I was using them with TV (using this) for early morning and no lag or issues. Great sound, very clear.
    Then today I was using them wired and wireless with a couple of devices.
    I'm happy with them :) Nice bass (not too much) and very clear.
    They are soft and the plastic band feels almost partly rubber, not sure what it could withstand, don't plan on finding out.

• Advertisement

They tried to deliver mine on saturday as well but as i was getting them delivered to work the office wasn't open. hopefully they deliver them again this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

tiso i5 , one of them isn't charging anymore. It could be the one I dropped to the floor but come on I won't be the first to drop an earphone 2 feet. also on the same earphone the rubber glued in front of the button press is slipping off. Bigger problem of course is the non charging. A pity cause I really liked them. will see if i'll order another pair or go for a different brand .... open to suggestions

@padjocollins Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the buds and in the charging box?

As for others maybe have a look at this model: -

AlfaWise Q32: - https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=AlfaWise+Q32

Or

QCY QS2 TWS Bluetooth V5.0: - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32985227564.html

Hi Corkie,
    Thanks for the quick response. Yeagh I cleaned the contacts, no joy. I'll see if I get new ones or go for alfawise. was getting to really like the i5's . I wonder if I'm unlucky or there are general quality problems. I have white one that I got for my two kids. they don't use them . I could use them for a few weeks to increase the sample size. stay tuned

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hi Corkie,
    Thanks for the quick response. Yeagh I cleaned the contacts, no joy. I'll see if I get new ones or go for alfawise. was getting to really like the i5's . I wonder if I'm unlucky or there are general quality problems. I have white one that I got for my two kids. they don't use them . I could use them for a few weeks to increase the sample size. stay tuned

A little of both. You're unlucky but I also wouldn't expect a sub €20 TWS earphone to be hard wearing at all - at that price they've cut corners and it's amazing that they're as good as they are.

Wearing mine now. Paired first time with no issues and they are really comfortable.

They tried to deliver mine on saturday as well but as i was getting them delivered to work the office wasn't open. hopefully they deliver them again this morning.
    Do An Post try to deliver again? They always leave a docket in my house for me to go and collect from the nearest depot.
    tiso i5 , one of them isn't charging anymore. It could be the one I dropped to the floor but come on I won't be the first to drop an earphone 2 feet. also on the same earphone the rubber glued in front of the button press is slipping off. Bigger problem of course is the non charging. A pity cause I really liked them. will see if i'll order another pair or go for a different brand .... open to suggestions
    You could contact the store and see what they say. That would be the first thing I would do.
    Those guys don't like negative reviews, even if it is just to say that they maybe didn't withstand a small fall.

Do An Post try to deliver again? They always leave a docket in my house for me to go and collect from the nearest depot.

Yeah they did do a second delivery. That may have been because the first attempt was a saturday and it was going to a business address.

@padjocollins Have you tried a reset of the earbud?

From it being turned off, long press on the earbud, until it turns darker/lighter red than normal.
    And put it back in the case. If it is completely dead may not work.

Just a suggestion, if it is broken internally from the fall, it might not have any effect?

• Advertisement

I've tried the total reset, no lukc. I can't even say for sure it was that earbud that fell but probably was. for 20 euro's I'm far from raging. amazing electronics in such a small package

Advertisement