Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2017 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Chocolate Teapot

billyhead wrote: »
    Theres already an Interdepartmental HEO comp in progress. The next one wont be advertised for about another year and a half. I know Revenue and DSP are undergoing an Internal competition for HEO.

I must have picked up the wrong end of the stick. But wasn't there an interdepartmental HEO comp two years ago? I thought that the panel for that expires next month

• Registered Users Posts: 9,643 ✭✭✭billyhead

I must have picked up the wrong end of the stick. But wasn't there an interdepartmental HEO comp two years ago? I thought that the panel for that expires next month

Yes. Thats the 2016 competition. The current one running is the 2017 competition. The 2016 as you said exhausts in a month.

billyhead wrote: »
    Yes. Thats the 2016 competition. The current one running is the 2017 competition. The 2016 as you said exhausts in a month.

You're right, I was one week short of the two years service required so the 2017 comp wasn't on my radar at all! Completely forgot about it :)

Got my offer, unfortunately as it was for Dublin I had to turn it down. I've asked to be kept under consideration for two counties. Fingers crossed something will turn up. Best of luck to all those waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HairyCabbage

Got my offer, unfortunately as it was for Dublin I had to turn it down. I've asked to be kept under consideration for two counties. Fingers crossed something will turn up. Best of luck to all those waiting.

Can I ask what number you were on OOM?

• Advertisement

Can I ask what number you were on OOM?

Late 60's:)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭evancunny95

IGEES people anyone have any offers yet? I imagine they should be arriving this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jhdrum

IGEES people anyone have any offers yet? I imagine they should be arriving this week?

Haven’t heard anything, unless you contact the guy mentioned at end of PAS confirmatin email

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lilt

Haven't heard from IGEES either?! Anyone any idea where they are at re placements from that panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭argonaut

Yeah I don't think any of us on the IGEES list have heard anything yet. Would have thought this week although the weather closures might have slowed things down.

• Advertisement

Why do people think it will be this week? Because all the forms and vetting have been completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭argonaut

argonaut wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think any of us on the IGEES list have heard anything yet. Would have thought this week although the weather closures might have slowed things down.

Got the call this morning so looks like the IGEES folks are finally getting some news. :cool:

Got the call this morning so looks like the IGEES folks are finally getting some news. :cool:

What number were you? That's great, congrats!

Great to hear man, what start date are they saying?

Great to hear man, what start date are they saying?

Also anyone have an idea if they will email or send a letter as my number is out of action at the moment due to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 irishguy2017

Has anyone heard anything from PAS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

They have reached 80 on the panel as of today anyway

They were mid eighties as of yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Does anyone know how many people were placed on the panel? I'm wondering if they'll be calling a second panel soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

It would be great to see what Depts people are being assigned to.

For everyone that has been assigned or offered a dept, would ye mind filling out the poll below?

It's totally anonymous.

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/onsttf/ao-campaign-201718

(i know it can be abused if people start fake voting but it's only a bit of craic)

Everyone else can see the results here http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/geiqfj/ao-campaign-201718/view/pdezxy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Good idea, just to flag some depts don’t have AO’s

AGC wrote: »
    Good idea, just to flag some depts don’t have AO’s

Which departments don’t have AOs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭hardybuck

quad_red wrote: »
    Which departments don’t have AOs?

Some AOs don't go to Departments...

hardybuck wrote: »
    Some AOs don't go to Departments...

Where do they go?

quad_red wrote: »
    Where do they go?

Could go anywhere in the Civil Service. Departments, Offices, Agencies.

Could go anywhere in the Civil Service. Departments, Offices, Agencies.

Yes but are all those Offices and Agencies not technically under a Dept? ie An Garda Síochána is the Dept of Justice.

Yes but are all those Offices and Agencies not technically under a Dept? ie An Garda Síochána is the Dept of Justice.

Yes and no. If you're working for one Agencies and Offices of those you're working for them, not the Department of Justice.

For example OPW, State Lab, PAS etc. are under the aegis of DPER. If you're appointed to one of those you're not working for DPER.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Yes and no. If you're working for one Agencies and Offices of those you're working for them, not the Department of Justice.

For example OPW, State Lab, PAS etc. are under the aegis of DPER. If you're appointed to one of those you're not working for DPER.

Revenue too. It's officially The Office of the Revenue Commissioners.

On another unrelated note, the Road Safety Authority, (RSA), which came into being on 1 September 2006 as a statutory organisation created by the Road Safety Authority Act, 2006 are principally funded by, and responsible to, the Department of Transport. But the RSA is a public service organisation, not civil!

An Ri rua wrote: »
    OPW is Finance, no? Was until recently anyway.

Probably until the formation of DPER, which as you know took all things expenditure from finance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

rostalof wrote: »
    Revenue too. It's officially The Office of the Revenue Commissioners.

On another unrelated note, the Road Safety Authority, (RSA), which came into being on 1 September 2006 as a statutory organisation created by the Road Safety Authority Act, 2006 are principally funded by, and responsible to, the Department of Transport. But the RSA is a public service organisation, not civil!

Revenue run their own competitions. For good reason. Any Revenue grade is a a grade, if not two sometimes, above the rest of the service; in my experience.

Advertisement