Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Antrim will be a stiff game, but you would think if we can beat Carlow, we should make the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Antrim will be a stiff game, but you would think if we can beat Carlow, we should make the final.

Ya Antrim and Carlow will be two big games now,
    But we seem to have a very strong panel this year, the backs are very solid, was good to see Podge Boyle come on today and stick over three points with his first three touches

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

With Antrim and Carlow drawing, would I be right in saying a win against either guarantees Kerry a final spot?

DDC1990 wrote: »
    With Antrim and Carlow drawing, would I be right in saying a win against either guarantees Kerry a final spot?

Yes, because Westmeath could only have two wins max, and whichever of the two we might beat could only finish on two wins and a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭conor05

DDC1990 wrote: »

Yes, but getting a win in either of those matches won't be easy.

Antrim up in Belfast is up next, hopefully we can take momentum from the Westmeath game and get the win.#

It means the pressure would be off for the final match v Carlow in Tralee.

Kerry have the players to do it, just need to get it done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

Great piece on David Clifford and Peter Keane https://youtu.be/JhtrbNIB7aI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Quiet in here for a championship opener.

Hoping for a solid performance this afternoon and that we'll progress injury free. Conditions look like they'll hold up.

Best of luck to the team and management.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Expect this to be a tight affair today. Best of luck to all in the kerry set-up today

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just came in here to check the talk from the other side of the county bounds and there’s not much talk. The yerra count is low. I was expecting at least one “ah sure look we will give it a go” but not one. Obviously I’m hoping for a cork win but if it’s a good game all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭davegilly

Can be a lottle quiet here too but might be a little more activity in the FB group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/203840550039664/?ref=share

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just came in here to check the talk from the other side of the county bounds and there’s not much talk. The yerra count is low. I was expecting at least one “ah sure look we will give it a go” but not one. Obviously I’m hoping for a cork win but if it’s a good game all the better.

Not much to get excited about for me. I'm not a fan of this winter championship so far and it would take something very special to change my mind. Regardless of today's result. Football has been sloppy and turgid in most games so far.

Saying that I'd expect a Kerry win and comfortably enough at 5+ points. Talk of cork rising every year but they're a solid division 2 team so Kerry should be putting them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

I expect it to be over at half time.

It's one thing to be trying out a new system, but we should be concentrating on our own game first, instead of being cynical.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

kerryjack wrote: »
    I expect it to be over at half time.

Mmmmm.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Mmmmm.
    Ya got it badly wrong it could turn out to be a right scrap yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭MFPM

Given all the hype around Kerry, it'd be gas if Cork turned them over. Expect Kerry to turn it around, but maybe they're not as good as sections of the media think they are or want them to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

MFPM wrote: »
    Given all the hype around Kerry, it'd be gas if Cork turned them over. Expect Kerry to turn it around, but maybe they're not as good as sections of the media think they are or want them to be.

National media generally don't have the first clue regarding the merit of teams. Kerry haven't improved on last year. Donegal prob the next best after Dubs

We have never lost an extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Why did David Moran attempt that kick from nowhere when he had Seánie Shea unmarked alongside him. 2 points up and gifts the possession to Cork who go on to score. He’s very frustrating.

And he’s done it again. Two in a row now. If we lose this he’s got a lot of explaining to do.

Edit: game over. It’s on David Moran for me. Two pointless attempts at goal when we were under no pressure for a score. Ridiculous. See you all in 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

kerryjack wrote: »
    We have never lost an extra time.

Got it wrong twice today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

David Moran, have a bit of cop on. Terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

I've said it for years. David Moran is an absolute liability. His kicking has always been brutal. He is the single reason for this loss despite the overall performance. Hopefully his last game in a Kerry jersey.

Fair play to cork. That's their all Ireland final and fully deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Keane out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

dobman88 wrote: »
    I've said it for years. David Moran is an absolute liability. His kicking has always been brutal. He is the single reason for this loss despite the overall performance. Hopefully his last game in a Kerry jersey.

Way over the top criticism there. Not acceptable IMO. These are amateurs in testing times.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

dobman88 wrote: »

I wouldnt say that's Corks All Ireland. What I would say is that was one of kerrys worst performances..clueless..No leaders. Jack O Connor wouldn't have let that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

Yeah, it's time for him to go and I don't see the problem in a supporter saying they want that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Some bizarre decision making today at key times, there seemed to be nobody with the level headedness to slow it down when needed. In normal time David Clifford was entitled to take a mark 20 yards out in front of the goal but instead took an off balance shot with his left which went wide.

They just looked completely undercooked and Cork wanted it more. There'll be a long long inquisition into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

David has been a fantastic servant for Kerry no question.. to come back from the injuries he has had to b an outstanding midfielder has taken some effort on his part.... BUT that is 3 championship games in a row he has done stupid things resulting in scores for the opposition..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Why did David Moran attempt that kick from nowhere when he had Seánie Shea unmarked alongside him. 2 points up and gifts the possession to Cork who go on to score. He’s very frustrating.

And he’s done it again. Two in a row now. If we lose this he’s got a lot of explaining to do.

Edit: game over. It’s on David Moran for me. Two pointless attempts at goal when we were under no pressure for a score. Ridiculous. See you all in 2021.

Yep. Possession was absolutely critical at that stage. Absolutely brainless to do it once but to do it the second time is just unforgivable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Ffs Moran

Advertisement