Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Strike implications re Cancellations NO INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS POSTS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

While out with friends earlier today I got asked a question which I couldn't answer with certainty.

One of the women is due to fly to Manchester tomorrow Monday and return back on Strike Day Thurs 12th. She has decided not to go as she has to be back on Thursday and won't know her fate until Tuesday (or so it seems). The question was, if the Thursday flight is cancelled will she get a refund for the whole booking. I said probably not as Ryanair treat each leg separately.

Was this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Mebuntu wrote: »
    While out with friends earlier today I got asked a question which I couldn't answer with certainty.

One of the women is due to fly to Manchester tomorrow Monday and return back on Strike Day Thurs 12th. She has decided not to go as she has to be back on Thursday and won't know her fate until Tuesday (or so it seems). The question was, if the Thursday flight is cancelled will she get a refund for the whole booking. I said probably not as Ryanair treat each leg separately.

Was this correct?

As far as I know you are entitled to a refund if they cancel your flight rather than take the alternative flight they offer. If someone in the know could confirm I’d appreciate it as I’m not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Does anyone know if you don’t go out on the outward leg of your return flight, is the inbound/return flight still valid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭VG31

dibs101 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you don’t go out on the outward leg of your return flight, is the inbound/return flight still valid?

Yes, Ryanair don't have return bookings as such, they are technically two one-way flights.

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview#4-3

"You don't need to notify us if you are unable to travel and if you can’t use your outbound flight, you can still use your return flight."

• Registered Users Posts: 34 L4yercak3

Ryanair are ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Oh my gosh, tomorrow's the day!!
    Will we fly or stay on land?
    Ryanair will have their say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

anyone have any idea of the timelines for the emails or texts tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Waiting for news here too, flights booked for Thurs morn to Amsterdam 6am

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Would I be correct in saying the following;

If a French pilot, for example, were to land a Ryanair flight in Ireland from France on Thursday morning/day, then he/she would be able to fly that plane on it's next flight and take off from Ireland to we'll say Spain?

Only flights that originate in Ireland, using an Irish pilot, will not operate on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭billie1b

Just thought i’d put this together to help some people out :

There’s 124 departures on Thursday the 12th
    Of those departures
    92 are Dublin based crew/aircraft
    32 are Out of base crew/aircraft

**The following 32 are the Out of base aircraft/crew and should not be affected/but may be affected

Inbound - Outbound / Destination
    FR153 - FR152 LBA
    FR535 - FR534 EMA
    FR331 - FR332 LTN
    FR203 - FR206 STN
    FR6015 - FR6016 SOF
    FR2068 - FR2069 PMI
    FR4283 - FR4282 BTS
    FR9907 - FR9908 PSA
    FR7379 - FR7378 RAK
    FR2371 - FR2272 STN
    FR1965 - FR1964 EIN
    FR1975 - FR1974 POZ
    FR1443 - FR1442 LPL
    FR225 - FR294 STN
    FR7073 - FR7072 OPO
    FR9457 - FR9456 BLQ
    FR338 - FR337 LTN
    FR7035 - FR7034 FAO
    FR7327 - FR7326 PRG
    FR7055 - FR7054 AGP
    FR1949 - FR1948 HHN
    FR297 - FR288 STN
    FR7243 - FR7242 MLA
    FR1557 - FR1556 MAN
    FR1927 - FR1926 WRO
    FR1457 - FR1456 BRU
    FR1024 - FR1023 BUD
    FR9371 - FR9370 FAO
    FR667 - FR666 BHX
    FR293 - FR298 STN
    FR669 - FR668 BHX
    FR341 - FR342 LTN

** I came up with this by myself, it has nothing to do with Ryanair, as always flights and crews/aircrafts are subject to change and due to the nature of the industry other flights can be cancelled to do other flights. Just because I posted the flights does not mean that they are 100% due to operate on schedule/on time, await from official word from Ryanair due to cancellations etc, this is just a helping hand for people to know which flights are out of base aircraft on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

TV3 news: Ryanair have offered to meet at neutral venue

However, despite my link above, Ryanair's Official Twitter page has just announced there'll be a meeting Tuesday or Wednesday to avoid unnecessary pilot strike action on Thursday.

I'm sorry but what!?!?!?!?!?

I thought they were officially announcing whether or not flights on Thursday would be cancelled or not tomorrow and that it would all be decided today?

This is absolutely ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Danielvarian1

DVDM93 wrote: »
    However, despite my link above, Ryanair's Official Twitter page has just announced there'll be a meeting Tuesday or Wednesday to avoid unnecessary pilot strike action on Thursday.

I thought they were officially announcing whether or not flights on Thursday would be cancelled or not tomorrow and that it would all be decided today?

Of course if the invitation to meet is accepted the. The strike will not go ahead on Thursday I presume flights will be run as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,583 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

But sadly the norm in these kind of situations for passengers.

Of course if the invitation to meet is accepted the. The strike will not go ahead on Thursday I presume flights will be run as normal.

I understand but it looks as if they're saying now we might not get official word/refunds, etc... until Wednesday.

They initially said it would be Tuesday the latest!?

How can they drag this on further?

I've already lost out, I've made alternative arrangements.

But for the love of God there are still families, parents, kids, etc... none the wiser and still in the dark about a Summer holiday they've planned for the entire year, less than 72 hours before departure.

LXFlyer wrote: »
    But sadly the norm in these kind of situations for passengers.

It's disgusting tbh.

'RYANAIR pilots have agreed to talks in a secret location on the eve of a 24-hour strike this Thursday.

In a statement, the Irish Airline Pilots Association said it has accepted the airline’s invitation to meet its representatives on Wednesday.

However, it said it still expects that Thursday’s industrial action in pursuit of better terms and conditions will go ahead.'

Irish Independent less than an hour ago.

I understand but it looks as if they're saying now we might not get official word/refunds, etc... until Wednesday.

They initially said it would be Tuesday the latest!?

How can they drag this on further?

I've already lost out, I've made alternative arrangements.

But for the love of God there are still families, parents, kids, etc... none the wiser and still in the dark about a Summer holiday they've planned for the entire year, less than 72 hours before departure.

It worries me they are saying industrial action may still go ahead even though they are scheduled to meet on wedensday? It’s very confusing if they say they’re letting people know about their flights tomorrow but their meeting is scheduled for wedensday. Totally unfair on so many customers.

• Advertisement

It worries me they are saying industrial action may still go ahead even though they are scheduled to meet on wedensday? It’s very confusing if they say they’re letting people know about their flights tomorrow but their meeting is scheduled for wedensday. Totally unfair on so many customers.

100%, exactly what I'm saying, or was saying before I got lost in my own rant :(

100%, exactly what I'm saying, or was saying before I got lost in my own rant :(

This does not affect me if they strike on Thursday as myself and my fiancée are flying to Rome on the 24th and we’re hoping there’s no more strikes after this. But I feel absolutely gutted for the family’s who’ve saved etc for their holidays

Any indications when they will be contacting us today to advise on the flight options?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Anyone have any experience of what is the best way to approach Ryanair should our flight be cancelled? We are due to fly to Brussels on Thursday so if the strike does go ahead there is a good chance we will be affected.

If its cancelled, its cancelled, but we would most likely look to be moved to the next available flight out. Would we be better contacting Ryanair directly or sorting it all out online?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

I received an email from them this morning to check in for my flight but I guess it's just one of those automated ones and doesn't mean anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭PCros

cournioni wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience of what is the best way to approach Ryanair should our flight be cancelled? We are due to fly to Brussels on Thursday so if the strike does go ahead there is a good chance we will be affected.

If its cancelled, its cancelled, but we would most likely look to be moved to the next available flight out. Would we be better contacting Ryanair directly or sorting it all out online?

I believe if your flight is on the list of cancellations published later today when you go back into "Manage my Booking" you will have the option of cancellation or alternative flight.

PCros wrote: »
    cournioni wrote: »

I believe if your flight is on the list of cancellations published later today when you go back into "Manage my Booking" you will have the option of cancellation or alternative flight.
    anyone any idea of when this will be published?

A2LUE42 wrote: »

My thinking at the moment is that ryanair are wishing to avoid the strike altogether so probably won’t even advise customers until tomorrow after the meeting. I could be wrong but that’s my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭PCros

A2LUE42 wrote: »

No idea, surprised people have not received any emails yet...

However, they could be leaving it until the last minute proving that they are scrambling to get replacement pilots for the busiest routes on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

My thinking at the moment is that ryanair are wishing to avoid the strike altogether so probably won’t even advise customers until tomorrow after the meeting. I could be wrong but that’s my opinion.

Yes agreed, it wouldn’t make sense to start cancelling flights before the meeting (although I doubt it will lead to a resolution).

They probably have a list ready which they will publish immediately afternoon the meeting unless he strike is called-off.

Advertisement