Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colm Cooper's 'corporate-sponsored dinner'

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Benildus wrote: »
    From the posts above I was replying to

No one suggested that in any of those posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭dog_pig

PARlance wrote: »
    You should listen to or watch his Off The Ball interview.

He was quite clear that it was not a charity event but that he would be making a contribution of 50+% to the 2 Charities involved.

If that's the case then it's good to see he was eventually persuaded to do the right thing.

Do you have a link for where he says that?

It's strange that every other communication involving the event stated clearly that the amount donated was completely up to his discretion. All this flagrant begrudgery must have pressured him into committing to a figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭flasher0030

hawkelady wrote: »

I'm just pointing out how sports operate. Those with the biggest draw attract the most money. That's the way of the world. I didn't invent this setup. Its been there as long as sports have been played. Anyone with an idea of sports would know that.[/quot

What??????? Do you think when these sports were invented , rugby, snooker, cricket etc , they were invented to maximise profit ?? No they weren't , they partook in them to have a bit of craic and see who could get one up in their mates basically ...
    myself and 20 mates get together on the last Thursday of each month and we race snails !! Best sport ever, I mean ever !! You should try it. Are you saying that we should pack it in because that's not the way "sports operate" ??? Say it ain't so

Talk about going off on a tangent.
    I don’t think it’s suggested that when Brogan, Cooper, Donaghy, Canavan, MacDonald etc. started off in football, that their dream was to make loads of money from GAA.
    I would say that every player plays the game to try to relish a winning feeling, and personal fulfilment at playing well. And for health reasons. Money does not come in to it.
    But somewhere along the line, the elite become marketable and are given the opportunity to benefit financially from it, notwithstanding that was not their intention all along.
    It’s not rocket science.

Advertisement