Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi A1

Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Came across this thread by accident, just want to say that the old A1 is still flying....what a machine.

Has bounced, been washed, never misses a beat, battery still going strong almost 2 years later. Got one for the daughter around Xmas last year, one crack on the screen on both phones is the extent of the damage. Her friends can't believe the battery life on hers compared to the iPhones etc that they have.

Some machine, and some value for money...that's all I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Has bounced, been washed, never misses a beat, battery still going strong almost 2 years later. Got one for the daughter around Xmas last year, one crack on the screen on both phones is the extent of the damage. Her friends can't believe the battery life on hers compared to the iPhones etc that they have.

Some machine, and some value for money...that's all I have to say.

Came across this thread by accident, just want to say that the old A1 is still flying....what a machine.

Have mine over two years now. Been great. It would take a fair replacement to better it for value. Especially happy with ow the battery is holding up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

hei guys, prob this forum is dead nowadays, love mine mi1, aside crap reception which seems only works fine if in town or city, but otherwise stock android, all the functions etc cant imagine much better at such value.

Anyhow that aside does anyone know if MI3 dual sim model got its quirks fixed with reception ? as looking to buy it as gift, mi2 would be an option but without usb-c id rather get the 3rd gen, as been out of the loop for a while on all the chinesse phones but anything under 200quid like mi1 was functionality wise im on lookout now. thx for any advice in what to get in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

I have the mi a3. Massive upgrade from mia1, no Bluetooth problems. Battery is the best I've ever had on a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

parttime wrote: »
    I have the mi a3. Massive upgrade from mia1, no Bluetooth problems. Battery is the best I've ever had on a phone

How do you find the screen on it?

• Advertisement

How do you find the screen on it?

I'd be interested to hear this also. Reviews have been disappointed with the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Screen is great. Saw a few complaints online abut it not being full hd, but it's a small screen really , to be worrying about it. Boards, Reddit, and YouTube all look great on it. I think it's probably the best phone Ive ever owned...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,492 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Was planning to replace my two and a half year old Mi A1 once Xiaomi released the A4, but that's not happening now, no more Android One from them

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_will_no_longer_make_android_one_phones_the_mi_aseries_get_axe-news-44589.php

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

The Cush wrote: »
    Was planning to replace my two and a half year old Mi A1 once Xiaomi released the A4, but that's not happening now, no more Android One from them

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_will_no_longer_make_android_one_phones_the_mi_aseries_get_axe-news-44589.php

This is a shame. My Mi A1 still going strong after two and a half years as well, touch wood. Other family members have Mi A2 and Mi A3 - great phones for the money, even if lacking a few updates here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

This is a shame. My Mi A1 still going strong after two and a half years as well, touch wood. Other family members have Mi A2 and Mi A3 - great phones for the money, even if lacking a few updates here and there.
    Same here, very happy with it, so no pure Android on the latest model??, that's what I really liked about mia1 as well. And two sims if needed. No NFC though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

august12 wrote: »
    Same here, very happy with it, so no pure Android on the latest model??, that's what I really liked about mia1 as well. And two sims if needed. No NFC though.

Pixel 3a available from Vodafone online for €129 if you port a number to them. Free Sims available from eir

DopeTech wrote: »
    Pixel 3a available from Vodafone online for €129 if you port a number to them. Free Sims available from eir
    Is this better than the Huawei on offer with Vodafone? Which has better camera??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Have a weird issue on my Mi A1, maybe someone here has seen before?
    I picked up a Lycamobile sim recently for it. The A1 is rooted but with stock firmware.

The issue is that with the Lyca sim in the A1 I get calls and texts only - no data. If I swap that same lyca sim into my Galaxy A50, it works fine. Same APN settings on both. If I put my GoMo sim into the A1... that's also fine.

I'm at a loss, can't figure out what the issue is. Any ideas?

Dord wrote: »
    Have a weird issue on my Mi A1, maybe someone here has seen before?
    I picked up a Lycamobile sim recently for it. The A1 is rooted but with stock firmware.

The issue is that with the Lyca sim in the A1 I get calls and texts only - no data. If I swap that same lyca sim into my Galaxy A50, it works fine. Same APN settings on both. If I put my GoMo sim into the A1... that's also fine.

I'm at a loss, can't figure out what the issue is. Any ideas?
    I know this relates to lyca Australia but have you input all lower case as per this explanation,
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/apn-australia.gishan.net/en/apn/lycamobile/xiaomi-mi-a1%3famp=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

august12 wrote: »
    I know this relates to lyca Australia but have you input all lower case as per this explanation,
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/apn-australia.gishan.net/en/apn/lycamobile/xiaomi-mi-a1%3famp=1

All was lower case, but I added the apn types that they had and it's now working. Cheers for that!

EDIT: for others reference

APN: data.lycamobile.ie
    username: lmie
    password: plus
    APN type: default, supl

Just last night my phone lost the ability to send text messages. I received one but couldn't reply to it. Has been the same since. I am with Lycamobile. Had anyone else here had this problem and/or know a way to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Just last night my phone lost the ability to send text messages. I received one but couldn't reply to it. Has been the same since. I am with Lycamobile. Had anyone else here had this problem and/or know a way to fix it?

Have you tried the sim in a different phone/a different sim in your own phone?

rizzee wrote:
    Have you tried the sim in a different phone/a different sim in your own phone?

Yep. Think it's something to do with a service centre number..

Advertisement