Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi A1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Got the latest update notification tonight. Anybody installed it yet? Should I, or shouldn't I?

Installed it on 2 phones in my house a couple of days ago,both running perfectly. Read somewhere that the headphone amp volume had been turned down but I'm not noticing that

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Phone arrived today and I installed the latest 8.0 update on it and it's running great but I have nothing to compare that too...
    NATLOR wrote: »
    Installed it on 2 phones in my house a couple of days ago,both running perfectly. Read somewhere that the headphone amp volume had been turned down but I'm not noticing that

Thanks guys. Might give it a go over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Some people over on XDA talking about battery drain issues since the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Happy enough with Oreo

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Order one from the Solutions Shop last Thurs .Still showing as awaiting Dispatch ,not impressed at all .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭corkie

rebeve wrote: »
    Order one from the Solutions Shop last Thurs .Still showing as awaiting Dispatch ,not impressed at all .

Did you contact them?
    No, we are having some issues with scaling at the moment. We are working on the problem at the moment.

Quote from this reddit thread, what ever "scaling" means?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Sorry to say, but I've had problems with The Solution Shop too. First order was great, delivered very quickly. Second went missing for almost two weeks and I had to harass them to get an alternative delivered. I thought that might have been an anomaly, but then the third order was a complete disaster and ended with a refund after 3+ weeks. They take orders when they don't have stock but still quote fast delivery times and just fob you off with empty promises.

Do you see any business address on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭granturismo

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10381147

Yes, I know, I wasn't looking for a business address I was just pointing out that they don't have one.

Sorry to say, but I've had problems with The Solution Shop too. First order was great, delivered very quickly. Second went missing for almost two weeks and I had to harass them to get an alternative delivered. I thought that might have been an anomaly, but then the third order was a complete disaster and ended with a refund after 3+ weeks. They take orders when they don't have stock but still quote fast delivery times and just fob you off with empty promises.

I paid using PayPal , should I just contact them for a refund .TSS answered my fifth email , saying it should be shipped within 5 days , all very watery

• Advertisement

I paid using PayPal , should I just contact them for a refund .TSS answered my fifth email , saying it should be shipped within 5 days , all very watery

They could get there eventually, the problem is that they just fob you off with standard responses when honesty would let you decide whether to wait or cancel. My second order was delayed because the colour wasn't in stock - fair enough, but they should have said so on day one and saved us both some grief.

They also tried to tell me that they never had this issue before, so I had to remind them they certainly did - with my previous order. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Anyone here but an A1 from geekbuying

They could get there eventually, the problem is that they just fob you off with standard responses when honesty would let you decide whether to wait or cancel. My second order was delayed because the colour wasn't in stock - fair enough, but they should have said so on day one and saved us both some grief.

They also tried to tell me that they never had this issue before, so I had to remind them they certainly did - with my previous order. :pac:

I went the paypal route for a refund .I couldn`t be dealing with The solution shop , reminds me of my purchase from Pixmania .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

I did. From the Italian warehouse. €4 something DHL delivery. Trackable all the way. Was very happy. I bought it the night of Cyber Monday and had it the following Monday.

My order has gone from awaiting dispatch , to on hold after I contacted paypal .Now its gone to shipped (awaiting Tracking ) .You couldn`t make it up .

This will take a while to get a refund me thinks .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Yep. From Italy warehouse only 4 euro for DHL delivery,had it in week from ordering
    Also bought one from Aliexpress using the no customs DHL option also took a week and is currently cheaper than Geekbuying

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Mi-A1-MiA1-Snapdragon-625-Octa-Smartphone-4GB-64GB-Fingerprint-FDD-5-5/32832759729.html

My order has gone from awaiting dispatch , to on hold after I contacted paypal .Now its gone to shipped (awaiting Tracking ) .You couldn`t make it up .

This will take a while to get a refund me thinks .

If it has shipped, you should have it very soon. It's the bit between ordering and shipping that goes wrong I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭paddy19

Spanish Version on Amazon.se supplied by Amazon.

Anyone know if this version has the B20 band for 4G in Ireland.
    Spain unusually does not use the B20.
    Most of the rest of Europe uses it.
    According to GSMARENA the only versions that don't have are India and China.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

paddy19 wrote: »
    Spanish Version on Amazon.se supplied by Amazon.

Anyone know if this version has the B20 band for 4G in Ireland.
    Spain unusually does not use the B20.
    Most of the rest of Europe uses it.
    According to GSMARENA the only versions that don't have are India and China.
    I'm waiting for them to get 64gb black back in stock to order from there too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭paddy19

Finally found the answer to my B20 Band question from Mi Spain site.

The Amazon Spanish model has B20.

Da soporte a VoLTE/4G/3G/2G en redes compatibles

Ver bandas de red

Modo Bandas
    GSM B2, B3, B5, B8
    UMTS B1, B2, B5, B8
    FDD-LTE B1, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B20
    TDD-LTE B38, B40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭traco

Anybody bought from either of these guys? Its a company phone so VAT reclaimable from the .ie if its legit but no phone number is worrying??

https://www.mishop.ie/

https://ie.onedigitals.com/pages/about-us

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

traco wrote: »
    Anybody bought from either of these guys? Its a company phone so VAT reclaimable from the .ie if its legit but no phone number is worrying??

Not sure about Mishop but I wouldnt buy from onedigitals - https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/onedigitals.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

traco wrote: »

How much do you stand to save compared to any of the other sites that are favourably reviewed above? Is it worth it??

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭ACLFC7

Anybody here use the Sky Q or Sky Go apps with this phone? Do they work on this phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Back in stock in all colours on Amazon Spain for anyone preferring a more local supplier (229 euros + delivery)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Devilfish698

How long would delivery take from Amazon spain? Wil it work correctly with vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

How long would delivery take from Amazon spain? Wil it work correctly with vodafone?

They are giving a me a delivery window of 1-3 weeks for the 32GB version:

Xiaomi Mi A1 - 5.5 32GB

Delivery is €8

The bands it supports according to the official Xiaomi website are as follows:
    2G:
    - 1800 MHz
    - 1900 MHz
    - 850 MHz
    - 900 MHz
    3G:
    - 900 MHz
    - 2100 MHz
    - 850 MHz
    - 900 MHz
    4G LTE:
    - 1700 MHz
    - 1800 MHz
    - 2100 MHz
    - 2300 MHz
    - 2600 MHz
    - 800 MHz
    - 850 MHz
    - 900 MHz

That should cover all major Irish networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Devilfish698

Cool. Thanks a million for replying

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

The 32Gb version is now €185 on Amazon Spain!

:)

Xiaomi Mi A1 - 5.5 32GB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

After waiting nearly two months from deal extreme I gave up on them and ordered again from a more reputable site. Of course the arrive a day between each other. Great phone so far not sure I need two though. 🀔

Advertisement