Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi A1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

With delivery courier atm, im so excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

but1er wrote: »
    With delivery courier atm, im so excited.

Best feeling!

Best feeling!

im sitting here refreshing the dhl page just hoping it will change

have it, delighted,
    my redmi note 3 was bugged rom loads of pops up and stuff ( sc weather)

any idea how can i check my Mi a1 is not the same?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,383 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

but1er wrote: »
    have it, delighted,
    my redmi note 3 was bugged rom loads of pops up and stuff ( sc weather)

any idea how can i check my Mi a1 is not the same?

It comes with stock android

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Mahgrah

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Just bought from honorbuy based on looking back through the thread. Worked out at €211.64 after using code "honorbuy", ships from Italy so should have it next week. You can probably get it cheaper from Hong Kong on another website but I wanted it soon.

Just ordered off of HonorBuy myself, did it take long to arrive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Mahgrah wrote: »
    Ronan14 wrote: »
    Just bought from honorbuy based on looking back through the thread. Worked out at €211.64 after using code "honorbuy", ships from Italy so should have it next week. You can probably get it cheaper from Hong Kong on another website but I wanted it soon.

Just ordered off of HonorBuy myself, did it take long to arrive?
    Very quick, ordered on a Thursday, came on the Monday.

So, my young lad broken the screen on his A1.

Anyone any ideas where I could get it fixed? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭corkie

sydthebeat wrote: »
    So, my young lad broken the screen on his A1.

Anyone any ideas where I could get it fixed? Tia
    gooner99 wrote: »
    Was planning on posting this evening to see if there were any recommendations for a case/cover for the mi a1. But then disaster struck, my mi a1 got knocked to the floor and the screen got badly cracked/shattered. Have it about 2 months and it's been a brilliant phone and the stock android is great. Great bang for the buck.

Could I get the screen fixed. I guess I can't walk into a shop and get it replaced as it's unlikely they would have a replacement screen?

Would it be possible to source and change the screen myself. Anyone done this?

Or am I better to take the hit and replace the phone with another mi a1 or similar?
    corkie wrote: »
    Original For Xiaomi Mi A1 LCD Display with Frame Screen Touch Panel For Xiaomi MiA1 LCD Display Digitizer Repair Spare Parts

5pcs/lot Original Adhesive Tape for XIAOMI MI 5S MI5S MI5 S 3M Glue Front LCD Supporting Frame Sticker Replacement Parts
    Edit: - wrong adhesive layer, you would need to source one for Mi A1 or Mi 5X

Looking at the video, he didn't use a layer but used some type of glue.

You would need the above, couldn't source an adhesive layer for the Mi A1, but i believe it has the same internals as the Mi 5X.

Delivery on free shipping could take until March(or later) to arrive here.

Recommend you inquire with a local repair shop, if they will do the repairs if you source the parts.

If you want to do it yourself? : -

.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Update on the broken screen. Contacted quite a few well known phone repair shops. No one (not surprisingly) repairs Xiaomi or sources the screen. I also asked if they would repair if I sourced the screen and again none were interested. So I contacted my local pc/phone repair shop and while we spoke on the phone he had the screen ordered. It may however take a few weeks for delivery. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

gooner99 wrote:
    Update on the broken screen. Contacted quite a few well known phone repair shops. No one (not surprisingly) repairs Xiaomi or sources the screen. I also asked if they would repair if I sourced the screen and again none were interested. So I contacted my local pc/phone repair shop and while we spoke on the phone he had the screen ordered. It may however take a few weeks for delivery. I'll let you know how it goes.

Could have done It yourself. Will be interesting to see what he charges for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Could have done It yourself. Will be interesting to see what he charges for that

Could have made an arse of it as well. lol

50 notes I think he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

What's the easiest way of transferring data (contacts/ texts etc) from a different manufacturer to the A1?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

radonicus wrote: »
    What's the easiest way of transferring data (contacts/ texts etc) from a different manufacturer to the A1?

Contacts should be saved to your Google Contacts.

Cheers.

radonicus wrote: »

Link to a Google account for contacts etc.

For texts, phone log etc use a free app....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

I've noticed a bit of a rattle in the top of my A1. Doesn't seem to effect performance but it's a bit annoying. There's something small loose inside.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Link to a Google account for contacts etc.

For texts, phone log etc use a free app....

Thanks.

I thought maybe things had progressed since I last needed to do it. You'd imagine it shouldn't be that hard to transfer all data between Android devices.

I used SMS Backup & Restore to transfer across Wifi all call and text data.

Bahanaman wrote: »
    I've noticed a bit of a rattle in the top of my A1. Doesn't seem to effect performance but it's a bit annoying. There's something small loose inside.

Most likely just the autofocus in the camera, that happens on all phones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Received and installed the re released Oreo update this morning, all seems to be good so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Most likely just the autofocus in the camera, that happens on all phones

So does that mean the camera is banjaxed?...

Bahanaman wrote: »
    So does that mean the camera is banjaxed?...

Nope, normal. Autofocus needs to move around to focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Been trying to get my hands on the Pixel 2 for a few weeks now, ordered it and then was cancelled and had to wait a week for it to get a refund.

Been looking at alternatives the last few days, Keep seeing the Mi A1 get mentioned, how are ye getting on with it?

The main thing I want is a decent camera, I run a instagram account that gets uploaded with pictures of games, toys, so usually stuff indoors that needs to be macro focused.

Currently using a oneplus 1, with 3rd party camera apps, so I assume anything will be better than that

The huawei p10 plus?

What's your budget?

Up to €500 I'd say, am I better off just waiting a few weeks and tracking down a pixel 2?

But if I can get a good phone with a good camera for cheaper all the better, looking at the Mi 6 aswell, looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

Any case recommendations or is a case necessary ?
    Expecting delivery of my phone this week thanks to this thread and just wanted to see what you guys thoughts were as there are lots of options on ebay.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The Oneplus One had a terrible camera. The Mi A1 will blow it out of the water, even though it is not the best camera around these days.

The Oneplus One had a terrible camera. The Mi A1 will blow it out of the water, even though it is not the best camera around these days.

Thanks for that, im pretty much sold on it, not sure weather to go for the mI A1 or the Mi 6. I do like the stock android thing with the A1

Anyone had experience with both of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Got the latest update notification tonight. Anybody installed it yet? Should I, or shouldn't I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

Got the latest update notification tonight. Anybody installed it yet? Should I, or shouldn't I?

Phone arrived today and I installed the latest 8.0 update on it and it's running great but I have nothing to compare that too...

Advertisement