Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hard Shoulder with Ivan Yates (interregnum)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Fine accent too - he's come a long way from his 'peasant' origins but he was quite civil there compared to his ranting with Yates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Yeah, he was rabid on the radio this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

didn't hear him on yesterday, but have unfortunately encountered him on Sky News etc, and seen some articles linked online.
    a truly odious individual with a strange resentment of Ireland.

He seems to be quite alt.right/Breitbart-y too, constantly crying about "the liberal left", so I'm sure some of the regular whingers on the newstalk threads on here will absolutely love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Akabusi

I heard it and initially he was okay when he was just calling the Royals hypocrites, but soon jumped the shark when he said they were Nazi's. Said the Queen Mother dressed the Queen up as a Nazi when she was young :eek:

Complete nutter but made for entertaining radio

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Akabusi wrote: »
    I heard it and initially he was okay when he was just calling the Royals hypocrites, but soon jumped the shark when he said they were Nazi's. Said the Queen Mother dressed the Queen up as a Nazi when she was young :eek:

Complete nutter but made for entertaining radio

It's amazing how Brexit combined with social media (presence and sharing of short video clips) have really exposed the personalities behind many politicians and commentators in a way we didn't really see before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Brendan O'Neill on again. some w*nker he is, going straight to Greta Thunberg's autism to attack her.

Brendan O'Neill on again. some w*nker he is, going straight to Greta Thunberg's autism to attack her.

One of the most painful commentators whether on Brexit or Climate change.

Topic wasn't helped by Cara Augustenberg phoning in with a tin can and piece of cord. Not sure she heard his full diatribe about Greta and so she didn't counter it as I felt should have been done.

He should have been pulled on the point that Greta herself is not screaming for people to listen to her, she wants people to act on scientists advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Caught 5 mins of it it the car.

Don't know who that silly troll was, but glad I feel vindicated in my decision to stop listening to Ivan's show months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

He's dumb as dirt

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    He's dumb as dirt

The host or O'Neill? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

I'm going setting up a go fund me to raise money for Henry McKean to fulfill his dream of being a butler if anyone would like to contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

redbuck wrote: »
    I'm going setting up a go fund me to raise money for Henry McKean to fulfill his dream of being a butler if anyone would like to contribute.

If it was to show him the door, I would throw in a euro or two.

Who would you like to see him replaced with?

Who would you like to see him replaced with?

Eoin Sheehan.

Eoin Sheehan.

Makes sense. As always.

Great, tonight's programme proving that Tiger madness is back in some parts of the country, promoting trips to Lapland €3k+ and once in a lifetime chance to visit Santa's workshop. It sure is as at the rate of global warming there soon won't be any snow up there. How did we manage back in the day when a visit to Santa was usually a trip to Woolworths. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

While I have no desire to go to Santa's cave in Ireland or in Lapland (yes I'm a miserable parent) why is that such an issue. People will be spending multiples of that for one person to watch something that will be on TV anyway and nobody is whinging about that. I haven't heard complaints when Euro was on either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I felt a bit sorry for him especially when he was made do all those ridiculous challenges, he's like Newstalk's dancing bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Great, tonight's programme proving that Tiger madness is back in some parts of the country, promoting trips to Lapland €3k+ and once in a lifetime chance to visit Santa's workshop. It sure is as at the rate of global warming there soon won't be any snow up there. How did we manage back in the day when a visit to Santa was usually a trip to Woolworths. :rolleyes:

It's their money, they can fritter it away however they like. A fool and their money etc.
    I don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,405 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Yates was place-naming just before 5pm and pronounced F***Et incorrectly - Phuket, Thailand
    then, I switched to Radio1 and
    They played Joan Collins TD's f-bomb in full

My freakin ears!

• Advertisement

Also the Joan Collins TD f-bomb was played on RTE's Late Debate
    and
    Andrea Gilligan on NT Breakfast referred to the rental market in Dublin as a "Shítstorm"
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It's their money, they can fritter it away however they like. A fool and their money etc.
    I don't care.

Sure, but the same coterie will be ‘ marching’ for increases in.......well ..every entitlement they have, and a few they haven’t ...yet.

I’m sure no one will ask them when they are rocking up to the hatch of a Tuesday....”What about the 5 k you spent on de Lapland trip dere before de Chrissamas”

Nah.... won’t happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Ivan makes so many stupid simple mistakes that I don't know how he can justify the salary the phoenix thinks he's on.

just now, with regard to the cervical cancer screening issue, he said that scientologists should be overseeing the check.

Bobby Kerr is going to need surgery to remove his tongue from the arses of various EY (Ernst and Young) people in the appalling segments on the show tonight. Ernst and Young, the people who brought you "we didn't notice anything wrong with Seanie Fitzpatrick and Anglo" and "our female employees should keep quiet and concentrate on their appearance".

EY sponsors of the Entrepreneur of the Year Awards https://www.ey.com/en_ie/entrepreneur-of-the-year - only in Ireland or perhaps not. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I often have a chuckle at Ivan and Tom Dunne. They seem to get on very well and the music section on Thursday is actually good. I would never have put the two of them together beforehand but I like it.

Did anyone just hear James in Wicklow talking?
    Henry McKean voxpop on Valerie Cox candidate
    He made so much sense and he is currently homeless

zell12 wrote: »
    Did anyone just hear James in Wicklow talking?
    Henry McKean voxpop on Valerie Cox candidate
    He made so much sense and he is currently homeless

Heard that, he seemed like a really interesting guy.

Homeless for 5 years and living in a tent, it’s a tragedy.

Heard that, he seemed like a really interesting guy.
    Homeless for 5 years and living in a tent, it’s a tragedy.
    He needs more airtime, place on a radio panel or such.
    He is confident, articulate, and has a unique viewpoint that needs to be heard. Sounds like he could shoot down any argument that an FGer has

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭wetoutside19

zell12 wrote: »
    .....he could shoot down any argument..,..

That would be my fear, I don’t think he would give the other side a chance to reply. Don’t think a panel environment would suit him

Advertisement