Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bad sack now ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

There is literally one rule for pass interference when DBs face WRs and another rule for pass interference when DBs face Gronk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

The D has been shredded. Those 2 big play TDs are exactly what Bill try's to avoid most of all, but they've been huge.

Stat going around that we didn't give up any 90+ yard TD drives from 2013 - 2016 at home. We've given up 3 tonight.

Stat going around that we didn't give up any 90+ yard TD drives from 2013 - 2016 at home. We've given up 3 tonight.

Last season the longest play we gave up was 26 yards.

TBF offense isn't looking that sharp either.

Too much deep ball

• Advertisement

Going out with a whimper on that 3 and out.

They could legitimately run the game out here.

Game

Pathetic :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Who's 53?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That's the game right there. :(

• Advertisement

Molly wrote: »
    Who's 53?

Van Noy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Two plays in a row where he got abused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Shocking stuff they wont be getting anymore of my money this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

D has been dismantled. Flowers seemed to be the only one getting a degree of pressure.
    Offense had chances to put a sizeable lead together early on, but never really edged away.
    Altogether a really poor night. Doesn't end the season, but serious work required.

Pats looks lost...very surprising for a BB coached team.

As a fan I'm not panicked, I know we have the talent on the field and on the sidelines but we have a couple of tough games ahead to figure this out.

Credit to KC, this is a fully deserved win for them.

Embarassing loss really, to get so outclassed on every phase and by such a wide margin too.

I want to just chalk it down to being one of those nights, but there was so much about that "performance" that should have alarm bells ringing. That's ruined the opening weekend now.

12 men on the field after a timeout? Sums up the night.

Silver lining is that we dont have the pressure of a perfect season hanging over us...BB out-thinking the league again* :pac:

**TBF i'm such a believer in BB, i wouldnt put it past him to believe that this was his plan all along

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Good stuff from Chiefs, delighted for Smith. Not all doom and gloom for Pats though, they do need work but this was a very good Chiefs performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Good stuff from the chiefs, Smith was out to prove a point tonight. Not going to give up his starting spot without a fight. Hope Berry not out too long, Achilles can be a niggly one to get rid of

Be funny if BB just answered every question in press conference with "we're on to New Orleans's"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Clown towels being used for tears tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Overreaction Friday coming I presume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Obvious Otter

Overreaction Friday coming I presume.

Especially considering the last time the Pats were hammered by the Chiefs in September they went on to win the SB.

Just one of those days where almost everything goes wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

It's over people

8-8 season coming

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

40.6 fantasy points for Kareem Hunt. Quite a debut, fumble aside!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Incredible performance by the Chiefs, look like they have improved all round again. Andy Reid did a masterful job in play calling. Tyreek Hill and Hunt were excellent. Kelce was good but makes some stupid decisions at times. His temper needs to be tamed.

One massive problem though is the injury to Eric Berry. He's an incredible athlete and will be a big loss if it is indeed an achilles. Pats were poor all round but that can happen on opening night team comes out a little flat, one thing that would worry me about them if I was a fan would be their defence, struggled everywhere. Coverage, run game, short yardage. Considering the amount of calls that went the way of the Patriots in terms of penalties its surprising they didn't get the result.

Great game to start the season either way. Wrecked in work now! Luckily on a halfer to play golf so that will clear the head!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Possible torn achilles for Eric Berry. What a kick in the teeth that would be for KC.

The scoreline was amazing considering the penalty yardage against KC was massive. Kelce's taunting stood out as stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Possible torn achilles for Eric Berry. What a kick in the teeth that would be for KC.

The scoreline was amazing considering the penalty yardage against KC was massive. Kelce's taunting stood out as stupid.

Incredibly stupid. Needs to take a leaf out of Tony Gonzalez book and never react. Even if the defender is sitting on your head. Could have cost the Chiefs the game in that spot too as the game was very much in the melting pot.

Advertisement