Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

D'Anthony Thomas makes some very poor decisions

Hey molly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I don't know why returners just don't take a knee for a touchback and start at the 25. Unless you really need a play, I do t see the benefit.

That stupid toss to Kelce, so annoying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Ugh, another big play. Suffering with injuries now. No Hightower, no Flowers.

Alex Smith has 300 yards and 4 TDs.

Looks like a huge stop

Ugh. I know Tom is 40 but just run the sneak. This is worrying.

Horrific calls on 4th and short

• Registered Users Posts: 37,788 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah we have had three of these and our no.1 play in that position is the QB sneak and we are so successful with it, I don't understand why we haven't went with it.

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »
    Horrific calls on 4th and short
    Yip. Sneak must work >90% of the time, yet we run right into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Running upthe gut against that Chiefs front 7 on 4th and inches was stupid at best. They have shown us already why. Such a nonsense call

Biiiig, big tackle by McCourty.

Gillislee has one run for 16yds, otherwise he's averaged 2yds a carry.

14 pens so far on the Chiefs. Tough to speed up the game when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,788 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Good work from the D, crucial stop by McCourty there when it looked like they were getting a first down. We need to get the lead on this drive.

Our WR depth chart right now.

Edelman
    Cooks
    Hogan
    Amendola
    Mitchell
    Dorsett
    Slater

D needs to win this game for us

That throw on 3rd down was poor. Tom's throws have been off tonight, there's no denying it. He doesn't look himself at all.

That throw on 3rd down was poor. Tom's throws have been off tonight, there's no denying it. He doesn't look himself at all.
    A number of throws have not been good. Can't say the receivers have looked like getting open that much either. Just 2 catches for Gronk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

No confidence in his WR

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

The Madden curse :pac:

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    The Madden curse :pac:

I certainly hope it's the Madden curse rather than the 40 year old drop off :o

Chris Collinsworth stopped himself from saying too much about the Goodell booing

Big stop needed here

This Pats team looks like they have never played together, which isn't far from the truth.

Absolutely zero pass rush without Flowers or Hightower who was playing a bit on the edge. And I mean absolutely zero. This is a huge problem because we weren't getting a ton of pressure with them either.

For all the additions we made, our pass rush is threadbare. Ealy didn't work out, Rivers is gone.... we're in big trouble. We'd want to be breaking out next year's picks and making a trade or two to address it. I'd be giving Dwight Freeney a call too to kick some tyres.

Absolutely zero pass rush without Flowers or Hightower who was playing a bit on the edge. And I mean absolutely zero. This is a huge problem because we weren't getting a ton of pressure with them either.

For all the additions we made, our pass rush is threadbare. Ealy didn't work out, Rivers is gone.... we're in big trouble.
    There was some early pressure, but it's evaporated. Brady has had it easy in comparison, but it's been an off night (with 27pts and still time left).
    The D has been shredded. Those 2 big play TDs are exactly what Bill try's to avoid most of all, but they've been huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I certainly hope it's the Madden curse rather than the 40 year old drop off :o

Think it's just a new receiving core issue. Haven't seen much of Gronk since basically that TD that was called back though

• Advertisement

@NjTank99

Mark Wahlberg has left the building

Advertisement