Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That didn't look good AT ALL for Ronald Darby. His foot wasn't pointing the Same way as his leg.

horrible injury, and really weird to see it happen on a grass field with no contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I know it's early, and just Tom Savage and the Texans, but is the Jacksonville Defense finally coming together? They've added so many pieces through free agancy and the draft the last few years, and they really shutting down what was a playoff team last year, and many people's pick for the AFC south.
    It was really good last year, some deceiving stats if I recall from tiring late in games due to the offense leaving them on the field for long periods but I was saying through the offseason they were a serious one to watch as a 'surprise team' if the coaching change meant improvement from Bortles (who looked a lot better after Bradley left last year). Unfortunately that is highly unlikely to be the case, re Bortles!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Awful to look at, hate losing a player that early

Hazys wrote: »

...I thought this was going to be like redzone...if they show you a return it's going to be a touchdown. Couldn't have been more wrong!

• Advertisement

Looked like a tipped pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Not sure what game I should be watching right now. Currently watching Cincinnati

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Damn it Carson who was that to ?

Schools are back, rain is battering down outside and NFL is on... the three signs of the end of summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

I'm watching Red Zone on Sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Tarik Cohen looks really good.

I've probably gone and jinxed him now, but Mariota is just class and so much fun to watch.

Damn it Carson who was that to ?

Looked a tipped pass the way the ball spun

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Americans sure like their big vehicles.

Billy86 wrote: »
    It was really good last year, some deceiving stats if I recall from tiring late in games due to the offense leaving them on the field for long periods but I was saying through the offseason they were a serious one to watch as a 'surprise team' if the coaching change meant improvement from Bortles (who looked a lot better after Bradley left last year). Unfortunately that is highly unlikely to be the case, re Bortles!

Yeah, they look like the '85 Bears right now! How long will the Texans stick with Tom Savage?...seriously, I bet they never thought they'd be missing Osweiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,853 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

And pizzas, and prescription drugs.

Tarik Cohen is having a really stellar game today. It's been a while since the bears have been fun to watch but this is an entertaining game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,853 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I highly recommend watching the bears td just now. They lined up in a wild cat with Mike Glennon blocking out wide. Wtf?!

Wildcat formation leads to a touchdown for Howard. Bears ran a lot of time off the clock before the 1st & goal play. Glennon as a WR with a great block!

Oh yeah... didn't notice the ads were back. Before the preseason games I never thought I'd be so relieved to see actual ads! :p

What's the story with John Ross the rookie receiver for Cincinnati Injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Maclin! :D

Great 50 yrd run

Is it still the same Bengals coach? (Can't think of his name)

Another Andy Dalton pick. Trash QB

A few missed extra points so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I love the Jags tactics. Just run. Forget about having Bortles throw it at all. Much safer in Fournette's hands.

Bengals are done. What game will I watch the 2nd half of?

Bengals are done. What game will I watch the 2nd half of?

Bears/Falcons is fun so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Laveon Bell just got his bell rung. Big hit.

• Advertisement

A few missed extra points so far.

And one of the sweeter FGs you'll see all season from the lad standing in for Janikowski to end the half.

Advertisement