Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Danny Woodhead looking very lively so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

So Jets...... interception endzone, looks like a pick six, only for his own man to tackle him in the back.....possibly fumbling back to Buffalo, followed by a personal foul on the Jets.

Crazy play. I thought initially it should have been a penalty on the Bills but seeing as it was his own man who knocked him down it was prob a good call. I dont think anyone will give out to the Jets player though, for standing up for his man by laying Wood out. Looked like he just cleaned him out late when he was down.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Corey Davis baby

Paully D wrote: »

And now he's off injured.

The amount of injuries the Ravens have had over the last few years is utterly beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Paully D wrote:

Aaaand he's injured.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Anyone else not getting a multiscreen option on Gamepass? It was there for me in the preseason. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Billy86 wrote: »
    Anyone else not getting a multiscreen option on Gamepass? It was there for me in the preseason. :confused:
    Not trying to look for it so I can't tell you. I'm watching the eagles and redskins game.

**** sake wentz. Backwards pass and the skins recover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Carson Wentz looked more Mark Sanchez than Aaron Rodgers on that play.....ver ypoor design/decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Joe Mixon gonna win that starters job by week two!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The amount of injuries the Ravens have had over the last few years is utterly beyond belief.

The past two years in particular, yeah. I know how it feels though, Giants led the league in injuries for four years, up until last year where they were finally fairly healthy. Took a new strength and conditioning team and a total revamp of facilities before we saw any improvement though.

Chargers are another injury riddled team in recent years.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Joe Mixon gonna win that starters job by week two!

I fully expect him to be their leading guy. Some options the Bengals have in that backfield.

The American ads even after all this time watching them still make me laugh. Most ads have "deep voice guy" listing all the ways that a new drug can kill you.

Carson Wentz looked more Mark Sanchez than Aaron Rodgers on that play.....ver ypoor design/decision.

Made no sense at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Browns are back!

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Browns are back!
    To their old ways ?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

What is with the Lions. Every time they faced the Cardinals, they've have played absolutely horribly & so far today is no different.
    At least the D seems to be a much better than last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Even the Raiders won't run Marshawn from the 2 :pac:

Aaaaaaand now Za'Darius Smith is gone. Looks very, very bad.

Hard to fathom. :(

I haven't heard much of his colour commentary, but Tony Romo's voice is a bit of a surprise, very light and high pitched! Not what you're used to listening to games normally. Definitely never get a job reading out drug side-effects in adverts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,863 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Bears have looked pretty good against the falcons so far. Glennon making most of his passes although they haven't been taking any risks on that front, but the running game has been so good, I would take Jordan Howard over most running backs in the league, and tarik Cohen as the number 2 is so tricky (think his game will be figured out in time by opponents though).

Defense have looked really impressive, blocked a few passes, made a few tackles.

Only thing is, we looked pretty good in game one last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just realised redskins are on fox,thats my Sunday evening sorted😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Not trying to look for it so I can't tell you. I'm watching the eagles and redskins game.

Found it in the end, it's a little hidden away... for anyone wondering, click on a game, then on the top where commentary/stats/etc are click on 'live games', then hover over the icons for those games and you'll get an option for two or four games.

Big relief, been looking forward to this all summer (and to make it better the sister and her boyfriend got me a class Bose speaker system for the birthday!) - sorry for bringing it up again but happier than a pig in sh*t right now... it's full HD but my camera is useless for picking up motion. :o

Bottle of beer in the corner for comparison...
    Camera_ZOOM-20170910183319263.jpg

Second pick of the day for Andy Dalton :/

I think football is going to be a very different game for him with the depletion of that OL.

Darby down for the eagles and it doesn't look good.

We really need to start putting up points. 3-0 up off 2 turnovers is just not going to get it done.

Bengals hurry up offense was excellent and strode down the field with lots of quick slants

They will have to stick with it as the Ravens get pressure with just a little time

I know it's early, and just Tom Savage and the Texans, but is the Jacksonville Defense finally coming together? They've added so many pieces through free agancy and the draft the last few years, and they really shutting down what was a playoff team last year, and many people's pick for the AFC south.

• Advertisement

That didn't look good AT ALL for Ronald Darby. His foot wasn't pointing the Same way as his leg.

Advertisement