Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek RULES AND ROLES DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

tritium wrote: »
    If worf berserks and kills a wolf can he wait to pick his second target or must it be immediate?

Kinda already asked the same thing. Seems to be privileged information.
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Is there a time limit once the killing spree starts? It's not very berserkery if it was one kill on the first day and another on the last day, so I'm thinking maybe it does have to happen quickly? If the first attack is the Borg Queen, she survives but Worf still gets another go at killing??
    Pter wrote: »
    Sorry that should be won't answer, not can't answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Didnt Guinan and Q have a history and she had some powers that could hurt Q, but then the writers thought it was too much bull**** and stopped that plot line?

She did.

They did.

Guinan peek would reveal the same thing the seer peek would if they were to target q

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I will comply. Resistance is futile' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Excellent Modding by my wonderful co-mods here today. Muchos thanks guys.
    Hopefully we're all ready to kick off tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is the seer's first peek day 1 night, after the lynch?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Guffy wrote: »
    Is the seer's first peek day 1 night, after the lynch?

are you mising punctuation? day 1 night?

sKeith wrote: »
    are you mising punctuation? day 1 night?

:|

Day 1 monday
    Evening

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

'I will comply. Resistance is futile'.

Just back from holidays... I will comply in the morning :)

:|

Day 1 monday
    Evening

okay, fair enough, i see your point, the wolves get to plan their execution pre 10am monday morning, we learnt that much so far, can the bodyguard protect against that 1st kill? can the seer observe also, before that 1st kill? if guinan so wishes peek pre 10am monday morning kill, can she open up / make that once off comms pre 10am?

• Advertisement

yes , necro, poop on me for complying to the rules and then asking for more clarifications! ;)

star-trek-wtf-how-the-hell-is-weather-changing-more-often-than-women-changing-their-minds.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I was wondering why everybody was posting "I will comply resistance is futile" and not just saying "yeh I read and understand rule 15"...

Every time I saw it, as I read through the pages of questions , I thought "come on guys, it's funny once, maybe twice but now it's gone nerdy overdrive". So I read the rule again and coped it.

As for the rules, nice and basic but Q is confusing me a bit. As is what exactly happens when the queen switcharoos a character. Oh and some guy (shamen ) gets three things but on different days and he has to give them to somebody else. For the craic you should allow wharf to give somebody the gift of herpes that takes away whatever power they have. Imagine getting that PM - "You contracted genital herpes, go see Dr crusher "...

Ah no, so Q can be switcharood but it only means he works with wolves (assume he can chat with the group). Can all wolves chat or just the 3? Q can only lose if he's shot or munched or we end up 1v1?

Role reveal, not clear on that. If you are under threat of lynch , what's the story there with roll reveal? I got that wrong the last game so just to be clear!

Also , editing posts is something I have done by accident once or twice in past. Like missing a vote in last game, how serious are these infractions because they were genuine errors that i didn't realise were considered so serious!

gordi gets the devices, not worf, he gets to go beserker and kill two people.

also, the 3 + the recruiter and the queen share a room, and they can get an extra recruit on night 3.

also, the 3 + the recruiter and the queen share a room, and they can get an extra recruit on night 3.

And it doesn't matter who that recruit is or if they are a RV or q! I would of hated that in the last game.. maybe I will wait until day 3 to start my spreadsheets!

Are we informed when a person is recruited?

dont know what RV is but yeah, they are stripped of all the previous powers, including been peeked as good, and become a vanilla wolf.

dont know what RV is but yeah, they are stripped of all the previous powers, including been seen as good, and become a vanilla wolf.

I thought RV was rolled villager. Can't even get the acronyms right.... I'm not feeling very confident about this game ... :(

Drumpot wrote: »
    I thought RV was rolled villager. Can't even get the acronyms right.... I'm not feeling very confident about this game ... :(
    dont't worry about that! i'm crap at acronyms.

dont't worry about that! i'm crap at acronyms.

I'm crap at everything when it comes to this game. Don't make me Q, I don't have the hubris to pull it off! If the game is true to form I should be one of those expendable characters that you just know is f*cked as soon as they are plucked from obscurity for some planet sweep...

• Advertisement

had to lookup hubris, ta for that, i'll try to use it again in conversations sometime. long live the red shirts!

really would enjoy a firefly game, long live the brown coats has a better ring to it in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Drumpot wrote: »
    I'm crap at everything when it comes to this game. Don't make me Q, I don't have the hubris to pull it off! If the game is true to form I should be one of those expendable characters that you just know is f*cked as soon as they are plucked from obscurity for some planet sweep...

You're not crap at beating the drum

Don't worry little drummer boy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Are we informed when a person is recruited?

Maybe. Maybe not.
    Mostly maybe. But a touch of maybe not.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Maybe. Maybe not.
    Mostly maybe. But a touch of maybe not.

350.png

Role reveal fine. Mass role reveal and organisation of such is not fine.

The important rule here is to not refer to the wording or non public content of your pm.

Voting is very important. Do it.

Not editing is very important. Do it.

Treat the last time as a learning experience but we can't tell the accidents from the intended breaking of these rules, so we have to treat them all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I know the topic of revealing roles in game is a bit sketchy, but is ok for a RV to come out to prove themselves if they are in danger of getting lynched?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Am just trying to figure out some stuff, especially in relation to Q.
    7) Win conditions:
    Village win: all non-villagers must be killed.

So all wolves and Q must be killed.

Wolf Win: the wolves must reach parity, this means that the total number of wolves still alive must equal or exceed the number of non wolves.

So, 2 wolves + 2 villagers would mean wolf win. Equally, 2 wolves + 1 villager + 1 Jester would mean wolf win??
    Jester Win: Get lynched or last to the end of the game.

So, say wolves have been wiped out, 3 villagers + 1 Jester left would mean Jester win?

Villagers have more to gain by killing the Jester than the wolves as they NEED him dead to win, whereas wolves can get away with him not being dead. But the villagers can't lynch him. So they have to hope that the wolves do their work for them, or he's killed a different way - vigilante shot, berserker kill or any other secret killing methods the village might have, eg, prize for the pre-game contest, or shaman device.

Berserker - Worf
    Worf can choose a point in the game where he wants to go on a killing spree with his Bat’leth. He will choose a player to attack. If this player is a wolf, the wolf will die and Worf will get another go choosing another player. If this player is a wolf, Worf has completed his duty and his bloodlust will subside. If however at any point Worf chooses a villager to attack, both Worf and the villager will die immediately.

If the berserker kills Q, they (Worf) will die because they've hit a non-wolf? But it may be a sacrifice they will need to make for the sake of the village?

Me if I get a PM saying I am Q:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote:

Kolido wrote:
    I know the topic of revealing roles in game is a bit sketchy, but is ok for a RV to come out to prove themselves if they are in danger of getting lynched?

I will discuss this in a little more detail with my co mods.
    quickbeam wrote:

Yes
    quickbeam wrote:
    So, 2 wolves + 2 villagers would mean wolf win. Equally, 2 wolves + 1 villager + 1 Jester would mean wolf win??

Yes.
    quickbeam wrote:
    So, say wolves have been wiped out, 3 villagers + 1 Jester left would mean Jester win?

Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement