Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek RULES AND ROLES DISCUSSION THREAD

Options
  • 02-09-2017 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Please find our rules and roles below. This thread will close at 6pm tomorrow evening just before the live game thread opens.

Uri and myself (Molly is off being Harry Potter today) will answer as many queries on thread as we can, but some answers may be held back, as is our prerogative. We will only be doing this in the interests of the game, however (i.e. we want you to figure something out for yourselves in the game).

PLEASE NOTE YOU CAN ACKNOWLEDGE RULE 15 HERE ON THIS THREAD PLZ TNX

Game Roles

The Enterprise Crew

Seer - Deanna Troi
    Each night the seer may choose a target to check. Will be told whether the target is good or bad.

Priest - Doctor Beverly Crusher
    Dr Crusher will find out the roles of all dead players.

Bodyguard - Data
    The bodyguard can choose to protect a player each night. Cannot pick the same player on consecutive nights. If the player a bodyguard protects is targeted by the wolves, the munch will fail. This does not protect the player from lynches.

Shaman - Geordi La Forge
    The shaman will receive a different device each day. (max 3 devices). The shaman must nominate a player to receive the device that day (cannot be himself). Shaman is only told what the device does when he receives it. He must nominate a player after the lynch.

Vigilante - William Riker
    Riker has a phaser which can be used at any time during the game to shoot another player or players. The phaser will only work for 2 shots however as the Borg's rotating frequencies will render the phaser unusable as they adapt.

Berserker - Worf
    Worf can choose a point in the game where he wants to go on a killing spree with his Bat’leth. He will choose a player to attack. If this player is a wolf, the wolf will die and Worf will get another go choosing another player. If this player is a wolf, Worf has completed his duty and his bloodlust will subside. If however at any point Worf chooses a villager to attack, both Worf and the villager will die immediately.

Village Elder - Guinan
    Guinan is the village elder. Guinan will have a once off peek, a once off comms and the double vote on any night.

12x NRVs
    Red Shirts 1-12

The Borg Collective

Alpha wolf - Borg Queen
    Borg Queen appears as good to all seer checks. Will appear as her real self to the doctor once dead however. She is really hard to kill, so there needs to be 2 kill actions (lynch / bullet / berserker attack). Will appear as bad alignment on death.

Recruiter - Locutus
    Recruits one villager to be a wolf on night 3. Recruited wolf will lose all abilities they once enjoyed as a villager.

3x Borg Drones
    Part of the collective on board the Enterprise. Conspire in the collective to plot the downfall of the crew.

AND, ON NEITHER TEAM, BUT COUNTING TOWARDS THE VILLAGE NUMBERS

Jester - Q
    Q, as always, is out for himself. He thrives on chaos and his purpose is to get himself lynched. If this happens, he wins the game. However players will not find out until after the game has ended whether they lynched Q or not. Appears as good to both seer and priest and on his death.

GAME RULES

1) Mods decisions are final, we don’t really care about anything but the game, please respect that we are impartial and know things you don't so don't question us on thread. Accept & Respect our decisions and play on.

2)Don't cheat, it's a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, don't accuse anyone of cheating, if you think something is up pm a mod. And by 'up' we mean an unforeseen advantage that will end the game, abuse of a power, or breakage of the rules that isn't spotted by a mod immediately. Always play in the best interests of your character, but respect the mods, other players and the game. Winning is good, everyone having fun is better. DONT EDIT YOUR POSTS OR REMOVE THANKS ONCE GIVEN, both on CoP or on the boards thread.

3) Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in as a minimum. The mods will, at their own discretion, kill or sub anyone they feel isn't contributing without a second warning, this includes low posting with a reason, even if it is explained to the mods. Even with a RL reason, we have to prioritise the game, so please do not feel hard done by on any modkill or subbing decisions.

4) No posting of any PM's from the game mods or referring to the content or wording of them on thread.

5) Game starts with a wolf slaughter to be revealed at 10am on Day 1 (see schedule below). Village lynches will take place at 9pm each night. Speed days can be implemented at any stage, but will most likely start on Friday, whereby there will be 2 munches (10am and 4pm) and 2 lynches (1pm and 9pm). This schedule can be revised based on on-thread consensus from remaining players.

6) If you've got any questions send a mod a pm. They will answer if they can. If we can't, you will get a funny meme instead. IF IN DOUBT REGARDING ANY ASPECT OF THE GAME, YOUR ROLE OR THE RULES, PM A MOD AND WAIT FOR A RESPONSE. DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD ABOUT SAID DOUBTS.

7) Win conditions:
    Village win: all non-villagers must be killed. Q counts towards the village numbers.
    Wolf Win: the wolves must reach parity, this means that the total number of wolves still alive must equal or exceed the number of non wolves.
    Jester Win: Get lynched

8) Don't take things personally or talk about your real life, players should stay in character at all times and understand any and all abuse is in character, don't bother telling the other players about your real life issues just play as you can.

9) You get to use your boards account for this game, as well as your backroom account, if you have a role and need access.

10) Have fun, make memes, take the piss and try to enjoy the game. There will be no tasks so have at it.

11) The mods have some secrets, but all players have been provided with the information they need to play the game. Mods will not enter into discussion on thread about mechanics of the game, we can discuss issues like that after. You can ask anything you want but if we don't answer it means we don't want to answer.

12) The votes will be published when the Lynch is announced. In the event of a tie all tied players will be up for lynch with a new vote immediately following and to close at 10pm. This vote will be in public on thread in the format VOTE XXXX, the tied players will lose the right to vote at this juncture. in the event of a second tie whoever was voted for first in the tiebreaker round will be lynched. All votes are final no redaction or withdrawal of votes will be allowed and there will always be the option of voting for no lynch.

13) People are free to post in the thread until the lynch and slaughter are announced. You are not dead until a post in the game thread announces it. Don't post on thread or like posts or do anything in the live thread if you are dead.

14) The characters team (good/bad) will be revealed on thread upon the announcement of a lynching or munching.

15) Please confirm on thread that you have read the charter and the rules and that you understand RULES #2, #6 AND #11 ESPECIALLY by posting 'I will comply. Resistance is futile'.

GAME SCHEDULE

Day 0 - Sat & Sun
    Morning
    No action

Evening
    No action
    Day 1 Monday
    Morning
    10am munch

Evening
    9pm Lynch
    Day 2 Tuesday
    Morning
    10am munch

Evening
    9pm Lynch
    Day 3 Wednesday
    Morning
    10am munch

Evening
    9pm Lynch
    Day 4 Thursday
    Morning
    10am munch

Evening
    9pm Lynch
    Day 5 - Friday
    Morning
    10am munch

Afternoon
    1pm Lynch

Evening
    4pm munch

Night
    9pm Lynch

If you do not fully feel comfortable with these rules, do not post on thread about this. PM a mod or use your backroom, if you have access to one in your introduction PM message. Questions on thread are fine, but we would prefer to handle any serious reservations by PM before announcing any decisions on thread ourselves.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote:
    15) Please confirm on thread that you have read the charter and the rules and that you understand RULES #2, #6 AND #11 ESPECIALLY by posting ‘I will comply. Resistance is futile’.

I will be the first.

I will comply. Resistance is Futile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭tritium

Seconded

I will comply, resistance is futile

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I will comply, resistance is futile

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

â€˜I will comply. Resistance is futile’.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

So it begins......

• Advertisement

Is anyone else seeing weird symbols within the text. Y'know like, when you insert your own emoticon and then it shows up as an asterisk or Euro symbol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I will not comply. Resistance is useless.

Oh wait, that's Doctor Who/Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Mixing up quotes is futile.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Is anyone else seeing weird symbols within the text. Y'know like, when you insert your own emoticon and then it shows up as an asterisk or Euro symbol

Sorry I keep editing them but they won't change. Each one is usually an inverted comma.

I'll change it when it get back off my phone.

Oh wait, that's Doctor Who/Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Banned :D

Pter wrote: »
    Sorry I keep editing them but they won't change. Each one is usually an inverted comma.

I'll change it when it get back off my phone.

Guess your phone doesn't like Rule15.

But I will comply. Resistance is futile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

If the jester is still alive with 5 villagers and no wolves left what happens
    Also if the priest knows the roles of all dead players then she'd know the roll of q if he was lynched not just the alignment
    I assume q shows as a red shirt or maybe the priest only sees alignment not role

Shaman - Geordi La Forge
    The shaman will receive a different device each day. (max 3 devices). The shaman must nominate a player to receive the device that day (cannot be himself). Shaman is only told what the device does when he receives it. He must nominate a player after the lynch.

So does the shaman receive the device just after the munch at start of day phase as has all day to work out who they would like to pass it to?

Are the days consecutive once the 1st device is received?

Tigger wrote:

Village can't win with q alive so either he dies or the villagers die.

Tigger wrote: »
    Also if the priest knows the roles of all dead players then she'd know the roll of q if he was lynched not just the alignment
    I assume q shows as a red shirt or maybe the priest only sees alignment not role

If the queen is selected for the lynch 1st but doesn't die how is that announced. We will all know who she is.

Pter wrote: »
    Village can't win with q alive so either he dies or the villagers die.

And they can't lynch him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Shaman - Geordi La Forge

So does the shaman receive the device just after the munch at start of day phase as has all day to work out who they would like to pass it to?

Are the days consecutive once the 1st device is received?

Totem is received after a lynch result is announced. Each individual totem expires after 24 hours. Consecutive days.
    Shaman will know more then the rest of the village when it comes to how the totem dynamics.

Tigger wrote:

Of course they can. Why wouldn't they be able to Lynch him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

As I read it:
    Q Lynch = win
    Q Survive = win
    Q Munch = lose

If you get to a scenario of e.g. 5 villagers plus Q on the face of it (i.e as far as a seer or anyone else can see), there's 6 villagers. Villagers must self sacrifice to avoid lynching Q and win game.

If the last villager survives in a Q v Villager scenario, VILLAGE WINS.

As I read it:
    Q Lynch = win
    Q Survive = win
    Q Munch = lose

Wolves are dead only 5 villagers and a q left
    They could vig him I suppose but it's quite limiting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

if seer asks at 11pm for a peek, when does the result be given to the seer?

if riker asks for somebody to die at 3pm or 11pm, when does the player get attacked?

if Q wins the game by being lynched, does the game continue or is that it, announcment wi8ll be made?

sKeith wrote: »

if riker asks for somebody to die at 3pm or 11pm, when does the player get attacked?

if Q wins the game by being lynched, does the game continue or is that it, announcment wi8ll be made?

Ye keep going till some one manages to win and then finds out they didn't as q won day 1
    Q has a good chance of winning this

As I read it:
    Q Lynch = win
    Q Survive = win
    Q Munch = lose

Q may also be phasered or beserked for a "safe" kill

Ye keep going till some one manages to win and then finds out they didn't as q won day 1
    Q has a good chance of winning this

Exactly!!!

As soon as a modulator sees the request.
    As soon as a modulator sees the request.
    Game continues as normal and becomes essentially a standard wolves v villagers game, once a side "wins" Game Ends and Q ****s up the winning party with lots of HA HAs

Uriel. wrote: »
    Q may also be phasered or beserked for a "safe" kill

It doesn't say what happens if warf attacks q acually

I'll assume the questions that are being skipped are the ones ye don't want to answer

assume night 3 follows day 3, correct me if wrong.
    wednesday 11pm, queen chooses somebody to recruit.
    what time does somebody join the borg team?
    Q loses own game if recruited, but can win wolf game?

assume night 3 follows day 3, correct me if wrong.
    wednesday 11pm, queen chooses somebody to recruit.
    what time does somebody join the borg team?
    Q loses own game if recruited, but can win wolf game?

Queen can't recruit but apart from that he doesn't lose own game as he's still playing just with new win conditions
    It's a reason that I think q has a very high chance of sucess

• Advertisement

oops, lecutus, the recruiter. same question. /oops

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement