Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek RULES AND ROLES DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

sKeith wrote: »
    assume night 3 follows day 3, correct me if wrong.
    wednesday 11pm, queen chooses somebody to recruit.
    what time does somebody join the borg team?
    Q loses own game if recruited, but can win wolf game?

Best way to use the recruit would be to kill a player that has come out or one that has The potential to be protected

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

sKeith wrote:
    assume night 3 follows day 3, correct me if wrong. wednesday 11pm, queen chooses somebody to recruit. what time does somebody join the borg team? Q loses own game if recruited, but can win wolf game?

As soon as we see the request from the recruiter.

Q loses own game, is a wolf, can win wolf game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

op wrote:
    12) The votes will be published when the Lynch is announced. In the event of a tie all tied players will be up for lynch with a new vote immediately following and to close at 10pm. This vote will be in public on thread in the format VOTE XXXX, the tied players will lose the right to vote at this juncture. in the event of a second tie whoever was voted for first in the tiebreaker round will be lynched. All votes are final no redaction or withdrawal of votes will be allowed and there will always be the option of voting for no lynch.

Votes will be published after lynch, but they need to be made on thread. We are talking about two different votes here.
    Does the 'All votes' cover both of these votes, as in, real guts of this query, are normal votes once off or changeable during the day up until lynch?

Wolves target must be the priest, they're best result would be to recrut the priest as although they wouldn't get the premier powers they would know they had the priest and they would be able to send a drone out as the priest on the later game drawing any potential bg issues and confusing the fek out of people
    Also recruiting the priest would give them the list of any and all roles previously deceased

Votes will be published after lynch, but they need to be made on thread. We are talking about two different votes here.
    Does the 'All votes' cover both of these votes, as in, real guts of this query, are normal votes once off or changeable during the day up until lynch?

I think I wrote that originally and it was all votes Also if the queen is in a tie and the revote is on thread it will be obvious she was the winner but didn't die

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote:
    Votes will be published after lynch, but they need to be made on thread. We are talking about two different votes here. Does the 'All votes' cover both of these votes, as in, real guts of this query, are normal votes once off or changeable during the day up until lynch?

My head is starting to hurt...

What's the story with voting? Can we vote as many times as we like up until 8.59.59pm or is it a 'one and done' scenario? Or did I miss that in the rules :P

Tigger wrote: »
    I think I wrote that originally and it was all votes Also if the queen is in a tie and the revote is on thread it will be obvious she was the winner but didn't die
    Yeah redaction and votevfor no lynch are mine alright

Modulators is that your intention to have no lynch as an option ?

Necrominus wrote: »
    My head is starting to hurt...

What's the story with voting? Can we vote as many times as we like up until 8.59.59pm or is it a 'one and done' scenario? Or did I miss that in the rules :P

but, but, you said you understood the rules completely at 13:20 ....

I think he said he'd read them

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote:

I read the major roles and the three rules that were stated in rule 15. I can't see any mention of whether it's a vote as much as you want for lynch or a vote once type scenario.

Now. I may be completely blind and if someone can point this out to me I'll gladly slink back into the shadows... Lol. Like I'd ever do that :pac:

• Advertisement

I read the major roles and the three rules that were stated in rule 15. I can't see any mention of whether it's a vote as much as you want for lynch or a vote once type scenario.

Now. I may be completely blind and if someone can point this out to me I'll gladly slink back into the shadows... Lol. Like I'd ever do that :pac:
    i was just being an ass! sorry!

sKeith wrote:

Me too. Fweinds? :P

When I wrote it originally it ment all votes are final
    It's been copy pasted so unless I wrote it incorrectly it still does

I'm more interrelated in whether the option to vote for no lynch is rely an option

Tigger wrote: »
    When I wrote it originally it ment all votes are final
    It's been copy pasted so unless I wrote it incorrectly it still does

I'm more interrelated in whether the option to vote for no lynch is rely an option

As far as I remember I had it tied in with the idea of majority or a certain number being a tipping point and early vote ending once the result was set in stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I will comply, resistance is futile, purple monkey dishwasher

An ass???

Space Donkey confirmed

I will resist, compliance is futile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Futile is resistance, comply I will

;-)

'I will comply. Resistance is futile'.

One and done. No Lynch is an option. It's in the rules lads.

I would also ask that you discuss the rules and roles and ask questions, but offering suggestions on how to best win seems redundant given no-one has their roles yet.

Tiggs, I can appreciate you aren't playing, so it would be great if you could not post suggested strategies as it's unfair to the players, who have not gotten their roles yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭tritium

What happens if q and a villager are left?

Uriel. wrote:
    If the last villager survives in a Q v Villager scenario, VILLAGE WINS.

tritium wrote:

See above

Pter wrote:
    One and done. No Lynch is an option. It's in the rules lads.

Thanks Hun told you I was blind :)

Necrominus wrote:
    Thanks Hun told you I was blind

*Prepares extra 'necro only' vig bullet*

tritium wrote: »

What happens if Q turns everyone into Space Donkeys?

*Prepares extra 'vale only' vig bullet*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

At this stage Pter will have us all killed/banned before the game starts.

Pter wrote: »
    *Prepares extra 'vale only' vig bullet*

I'll just regenerate

At this stage Pter will have us all killed/banned before the game starts.

Molly wouldn't let me write a mod win condition into the rules :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

6) If you've got any questions send a mod a pm. They will answer if they can. If we can't, you will get a funny meme instead. IF IN DOUBT REGARDING ANY ASPECT OF THE GAME, YOUR ROLE OR THE RULES, PM A MOD AND WAIT FOR A RESPONSE. DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD ABOUT SAID DOUBTS.

What if I get a meme in reply but I don't find it funny?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement