Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek RULES AND ROLES DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Pter wrote: »
    The actions in question refer to the on thread lynches and munches.

So yep, the order can go in any time before the morning munch.

Do wolves have a chance to kill their kill order up to 8:59:59, or is it like the lynch vote and it's one and only one kill order?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote:
    I'm loving this chance to question the rules!! No need to worry about somebody thinking you're a wolf because you ask about wolf kill orders, or if you're the bodyguard because you ask about protecting oneself, etc. All and every questions are a go without implications. No need to watch what I say because nobody has their roles yet. It's grrrrrrreat!!

That's a very Wolfy comment. You're on my list already QB...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

quickbeam wrote:
    I'm loving this chance to question the rules!! No need to worry about somebody thinking you're a wolf because you ask about wolf kill orders, or if you're the bodyguard because you ask about protecting oneself, etc. All and every questions are a go without implications. No need to watch what I say because nobody has their roles yet. It's grrrrrrreat!!

Well I think we can all see from this post that qb got the role of tony the tiger.

quickbeam wrote:
    Do wolves have a chance to kill their kill order up to 8:59:59, or is it like the lynch vote and it's one and only one kill order?

They can change the order up to the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Can I vote to engage the ships auto destruct and escape in a shuttlecraft? Everyone else dies, I survive. I win!

• Advertisement

Can I vote to engage the ships auto destruct and escape in a shuttlecraft? Everyone else dies, I survive. I win!

Oh Robyn. You were doing so well....

:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That's another. The list is growing...

QB
    robyntmorton
    Also Pter. Cos he's the Space Donkey.

Oh Robyn. You were doing so well....

:D

I'm new to this, you have to give me a couple of stupid, self serving questions. I'll save the rules lawyering for later :pac:

Necrominus wrote: »
    That's another. The list is growing...

QB
    robyntmorton
    Also Pter. Cos he's the Space Donkey.

I still have your name written on my phaser. Now I just have to remember what airlock I left it in.

When will the winner of the pre game contest (favourite episode list) be announced? Will they be told with their initial mod PM that they won and what they won?

• Advertisement

I'm new to this, you have to give me a couple of stupid, self serving questions. I'll save the rules lawyering for later :pac:

I've been playing since Game 2 and still ask stupid self serving quesitons, so don't worry about it :)

quickbeam wrote:
    When will the winner of the pre game contest (favourite episode list) be announced? Will they be told with their initial mod PM that they won and what they won?

There will be no announcement.

Won't be answering the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

regarding rule 4.
    We are not breaking the rule if i come out as the 'seer', but i am breaking the rule if i come out as 'The ships resedent betazoid, Deanna Troi'?

So we use general terms for coming out and not whatever is in the pm.

sKeith wrote:
    So we use general terms for coming out and not whatever is in the pm.

If something is in the role descriptions here and in the PMs, talk about it on thread.

If something is only in PMs, keep it to yourself.

Public knowledge is public knowledge. Nothing wrong with using it.

Not really aimed at current mods, more cururios in general

I'm a little confused about modkills.
    I have read a good few times in previous games about how modkills are somehow used in strategies regarding low posters.
    The general gist is that the village shouldn't bother with low posters as they will be modkilled.
    But if they are modkilled, then surely they are substituted, so what was the benifit of the strategy for not going after low posters really gaining.

If something is in the role descriptions here and in the PMs, talk about it on thread.

If something is only in PMs, keep it to yourself.

Public knowledge is public knowledge. Nothing wrong with using it.

good clarity, ty

sKeith wrote:
    I'm a little confused about modkills. I have read a good few times in previous games about how modkills are somehow used in strategies regarding low posters. The general gist is that the village shouldn't bother with low posters as they will be modkilled. But if they are modkilled, then surely they are substituted, so what was the benifit of the strategy for not going after low posters really gaining.

We might keep this thread about this game if that's ok. Interesting question mind.

We might keep this thread about this game if that's ok. Interesting question mind.

well, you can barr me again or write my name on a bullet, i think i veered of topic because i bashed out all the kinks i could see, so from now on I will comply. Resistance is futile.

Now that the nitty gritty is (mainly) out of the way, the fun can begin! Let's kick things off with a song from the main man himself:

How's about...

• Advertisement

Or....

My favorite character next (not):

0000hx56.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

quickbeam wrote: »
    Or....

Stop right there! I have the only working phaser ever built. It was fired only once... to stop William Shatner making another album!

sKeith wrote:
    you say there is to be no edit on CoP. This can easily be enforced, and has been before, so no need really to specify, and unless new feature been added, there is no thanks. Editting on Cop can be useful to keep lists and tables up to date. If not enforced by permissions, can a special thread be created to keep these dynamic lists up to date.

Editing on cop during the game is ok.

Editing on cop during the game is ok.

We can edit here though right?

Edit, : as in the pre game thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

We can edit here though right?

Edit, : as in the pre game thread

Edit here is fine
    Edit in the game thread and space donkey will eat your leg off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Q appears as good to seer checks. Will he also appear good to guinans single check?

tritium wrote: »
    Q appears as good to seer checks. Will he also appear good to guinans single check?

Didnt Guinan and Q have a history and she had some powers that could hurt Q, but then the writers thought it was too much bull**** and stopped that plot line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

If worf berserks and kills a wolf can he wait to pick his second target or must it be immediate?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement