Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May 2018 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

Thanks girls think I'm gonna drink non alcoholic beer in a different glass and just get my husband to get me drinks. Might have a few sips of prosecco when we arrive or a small glass of wine with dinner. Have the husband prepared to be swapping drinks with me 😂 thinking a 7up in the evening might pass as something alcoholic. The lengths you have to go to! I got accused of being pregnant last weekend when I drove to the pre wedding drinks for this girls wedding so feel I might be being watched 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

The excuse of being too hungover from "last night" works pretty well too.

I'm 7+2 and no sickness yet. I definitely remember being sick by this time before. Hopefully this pregnancy will be a smoother ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kastasia

I'm nearly ten weeks, haven't thrown up since week 8, but really being very careful about what and how I eat in the morning. So didn't tell my work yet, but probably the week after next. I had a scan last week and next one not for 4 weeks and think it'll be fairly obvious before then. Don't want to buy too many new clothes just yet, so getting buy on a very small number of dresses that fit me and don't highlight a bump. I definitely put on weight in the earlier weeks, but since the morning sickness kicked in I've actually lost some of that. Also last Thursday night, even though I was wrecked I just couldn't allow myself to fall asleep for some reason, didn't sleep until 3 and Friday was such a struggle.
    I was at a wedding a few weeks ago, had work the next day so maybe wouldn't have gone mad anyway. I had a glass of wine with my meal, barely touched it, was just for show/toasts etc., maybe people noticed I wasn't drinking, it didn't really bother me that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

So I have an update.
    I thought I was 8 weeks this week, and started bleeding on Thursday. Nothing drastic, but spotting.
    That continued over the weekend, so I went to the early pregnancy unit yesterday. They gave me a scan, and couldn't pick anything up, so they gave me an internal scan.
    Looks like I am only ~6 weeks gone, and still bleeding fairly consistently, with cramps.

It's like having a light period, with bad cramps.
    They have ruled out an ectopic pregnancy, but couldn't say whether or not I was mis-carrying.
    I have another scan in 2 weeks to confirm.

Its quite stressful, Its my first pregnancy, and as I though I was further along I got over-excited and told too many people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

:-( sorry to hear catxscotch.The waiting is the absolute worst.It's horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Sorry to hear that :( try chill out until the next scan, i know alot of people who were bleeding and all was ok, obvs everyone is different but chin up until you actually know whats happening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Catxscotch I was in a similar boat. By dates I was 8, scan was 9 days earlier. Started bleeding and went (bawling) into hospital. Thought bleeding = miscarriage and that's it. Anyway turns out it's not, they were fairly relaxed and scanned again and were happy. I queried it Thinking they would tell me something bad might happen but they said it's all fine. You're a little bit earlier than me so maybe when they can see yours properly it'll all be ok too? So Sorry you're going through this. I didn't even get bad news / a warning and it's still thrown me and I don't feel comfortable That things are ok at all

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Once you experience something like that in pregnancy....it frightens the wits out of you.I had a brown discharge from weeks 6 to 13 of my first pregnancy.I've never been comfortable with any pregnancy since that happened, until the birth was over. :-( Had it again for a couple of days in this one, I expected it but it's still so awful.

Feel like sickness is easing over the last few days.It started so early I'm hoping it is going early-ish too....it still comes and goes but less often.Almost 11 weeks now.Hoping it all keeps going well.The tiredness really hit in the last week or so though, I'm exhausted all the time.

• Advertisement

a friend of mine told us all she was pregnant yesterday, shes 10 weeks!

i havent said anything yet, im 11, babies will be born so close together!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

shakencat wrote: »
    a friend of mine told us all she was pregnant yesterday, shes 10 weeks!

i havent said anything yet, im 11, babies will be born so close together!!!

That's so lovely. I am due in 5 weeks, a friend is due in 2 weeks and another friend had a baby last week. I am so excited for them to grow up together!

It's really nice, plus you have company on maternity leave!!!
    Nobody knows here either.I have a scan next week, it's my 12 week scan but a bit early, I will only be 11.5 weeks.Just due to my dates and my cycle not being 28 days, it got booked early and I didn't bother changing it!.Still all going well (hopefully) I will hold off telling people for another couple of weeks.I get paranoid.

shesty wrote: »
    It's really nice, plus you have company on maternity leave!!!
    Nobody knows here either.I have a scan next week, it's my 12 week scan but a bit early, I will only be 11.5 weeks.Just due to my dates and my cycle not being 28 days, it got booked early and I didn't bother changing it!.Still all going well (hopefully) I will hold off telling people for another couple of weeks.I get paranoid.

mines monday week :)

Mine isn't til the 9th, feels ages away and close at the same time!

I puked for the first time today. I drank a red bull (not healthy I know) as I've completely gone off coffee and I was exhausted. In my first pregnancy I puked once when I made myself drink a coffee so maybe it's just caffeine and me and are not meant to be. Felt horrible and shaky and now I'm dreading work next week in case I'm ill again

Beanybabog wrote: »
    I puked for the first time today. I drank a red bull (not healthy I know) as I've completely gone off coffee and I was exhausted. In my first pregnancy I puked once when I made myself drink a coffee so maybe it's just caffeine and me and are not meant to be. Felt horrible and shaky and now I'm dreading work next week in case I'm ill again

Janey, i hate redbull as is, thinking of it makes me gag!!

i bought non alcoholic kopperburg tonight!

Beanybabog the absolute hardest part of my second pregnancy was that I couldn't drink coffee because it made me feel so yuck.But I was so unbelievably tired because of no.1, that I really needed the caffeine.....It was awful!!!

I've given up on coffee totally this time round, it wouldn't end well.Plus I think I'm so tired there's no helping me at this point!!!!

I'm so looking forward to the first latte/cappucino after the (hopefully) arrival though!!!

I've had a cough for the past 3 weeks and now it's making me retch :( My toddler is also being super demanding and only wants me, it's like they know

Same shesty. I haven't had a coffee since week 5. In my first pregnancy it took a while to realise coffee was making me nauseous and then I went off it totally. Funny the things your body does when you're pregnant!

• Advertisement

Slight pink/brownish tinge appearing last night and this morning :( No cramping or real bleeding yet so hopefully it's nothing. Keep your fingers crossed for me everyone

Slight pink/brownish tinge appearing last night and this morning :( No cramping or real bleeding yet so hopefully it's nothing. Keep your fingers crossed for me everyone

Definitely :-( .I tend to go to the hospital when it first appears just to make sure everything is in the right place etc....can you?
    The coughing may not have helped.

I'm sure you'll be fine but it's not nice. When I want to Holles street they were lovely and gave me a scan. Could you go in for peace of mind?

It's totally stopped now. It was so little I couldn't even call it spotting. I'm quietly hopeful but will go in if anything changes

Takeaway pizza and garlic bread for dinner.
    Bad, bad idea. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

I've heard spotting can be common as your uterus expands but id say it's fairly unnerving. Perhaps like the other girls said going in to the hospital might just give you peace of mind.
    I went to that wedding over the weekend and despite massive plotting over how I'd conceal the pregnancy the cat is well and truly out of the bag. Yesterday even the bride was telling her in laws I'm pregnant because she realised I was drinking a cranberry juice. i told my friends I was trying to conceive so cutting back but there was a chorus of "BS!" so doubt I've sold them on it. I am gonna keep it til myself until early December anyway. Oh well!

Nobody noticed with me last night..

Went to my friends 30th, had non alcoholic cocktail.. so no one even questioned it.

Then when I could drink any more.. I got club lemon in a glass, so it looked like I had vodka lemon !!

My three year old announced to my inlaws over a restaurant table that there's 'a baby in my mammy's tummy'.( in response to MIL asking her did she like playschool!!!!).

There are no secrets in our house.

We managed to brush it off as she has been telling everyone I'm having a baby (occasionally multiples) for the last six months, but we are going to be slightly embarassed (hopefully) telling them again in a few weeks!

Booking appointment and scan all done.Still earlyish (pre 12 weeks, just the way my dates fall....last period date vs ovulation date), but an extremely lively little wriggler in there.

They must have new machines, this seemed to be far more detailed than I remember previous 12 week scans being.All happy anyway, so here's hoping it lasts.

• Advertisement

Oh yay! Shesty!
    Great news!
    What hospital are you going to?
    Mines next monday, How long were you at the scan? They told me roughly three hours??

Advertisement