Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May 2018 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Had an early scan. And the outcome is I'm leaving ye.... My doctor gave me a due date of late May. The scan says it will be late April. I wasn't prepared for that.. Anyway it means I'm in the wrong group. Best of luck to all of you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

McBubbles wrote: »
    Been to the doc. On anti nausea med so I can eat and drink something. Really only takes the edge off though. Roll on week 12 ☺

God that sucks McBubbles. I have mild nausea and even at that it's upsetting me!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

McBubbles wrote: »
    Been to the doc. On anti nausea med so I can eat and drink something. Really only takes the edge off though. Roll on week 12 ☺

Hi McBubbles. I have hyperemesis too and it's so exhausting! I went on medication at week 20 and the Rotunda also gave me an eating regimen and I have to say I've found it invaluable. It really has been a life changer! They recommend eating small amounts every hour and not letting yourself get hungry. It was a struggle to get used to at first but I haven't gotten sick in two weeks so it's definitely working! If you need any more info, feel free to drop me a PM. I honestly felt like I was never coming out the other side of it but now that I have it under control, it's like a weight has been lifted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I am getting the feeling that I will need to get maternity trousers out.Already!!I'm suffering this afternoon, the waistband of my trousers is way to tight.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Have you got one of those bump band yokes? I used to stick one in my handbag going to work when I was expecting my eldest, and then in the afternoon when the trousers got too tight, I'd stick it on so I could open the button and zip for a bit more comfort :pac:

• Advertisement

phi3 wrote: »
    Had an early scan. And the outcome is I'm leaving ye.... My doctor gave me a due date of late May. The scan says it will be late April. I wasn't prepared for that.. Anyway it means I'm in the wrong group. Best of luck to all of you :)

Wow you saved a whole month!! Love that!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

No, I never understood how they worked without your trousers falling down when you stand up!!!
    I have maternity clothes in storage, just need to find (make) the time to pull out the boxes.Very uncomfortable afternoon!

I'm somewhat lucky in that I only had a baby nine months ago so my maternity clothes are still in a bag and I'm still a bit fat so no one will suspect a thing :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Katie1_14

7+3 today and sickness has properly kicked in this week. Being sick mornings and evenings, food is not happening, managing to keep some water and my vitamins down during the day but exhausted! Considering trip to GP, anyone taken time off work with sickness this early?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Katie1_14 wrote: »
    7+3 today and sickness has properly kicked in this week. Being sick mornings and evenings, food is not happening, managing to keep some water and my vitamins down during the day but exhausted! Considering trip to GP, anyone taken time off work with sickness this early?

Hi Katie
    The sickness is awful. I have been off 2 weeks now with sickness. You need to mind yourself at the moment. Take the time if you need it. Look after yourself

• Advertisement

I'm not vomiting but I feel fairly rotten most of the time. The insomnia which I don't remember last time has arrived. I'm only working part time and still dreading going in. I must admit I'm feeling kind of sorry for myself. Im nowhere near as bad as many women I know, but I just hate this

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Grainne28

Hi, I am 6 weeks 4 days pregnant. I went to the doctor on Monday and she sent of a form to Holles Street - does anyone know how long you might be waiting for a first appointment? First pregnancy so a bit anxious that all is ok. thanks :-)

Grainne28 wrote: »
    Hi, I am 6 weeks 4 days pregnant. I went to the doctor on Monday and she sent of a form to Holles Street - does anyone know how long you might be waiting for a first appointment? First pregnancy so a bit anxious that all is ok. thanks :-)

Your first appointment is usually around 12 weeks

Into maternity trousers this morning.
    Sigh of relief :-)

shesty wrote: »
    Into maternity trousers this morning.
    Sigh of relief :-)

I was about to say that's really early, but since I'm still carrying weight from my last baby my current normal pants are probably quite big :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

has anyone any names in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Katie1_14

shakencat wrote: »
    has anyone any names in mind?

Georgia for a girl, I love Callum for a boy but cannot get hubby on board with that one!

Im a bit odd, the names i have picked out are mainly boys names!

Wilde
    Xander
    Theo
    Atlas

Other half likes one or two thank god hahah!

I've no girls name other that Winter,

But I dont think it would work with being born in May... hmmm

Beanybabog wrote: »
    I was about to say that's really early, but since I'm still carrying weight from my last baby my current normal pants are probably quite big :-)

My stomach muscles stretched waaaay early and waaaaaay too easily!
    Actually my normal trousers do fit, it's just in the afternoons sitting at a desk and after lunch I get very uncomfortable.Plus I felt so yuck when I got up yesterday, I just needed to be comfy for the day.In my normal tracksuit bottoms today!
    Names...no.Well, we have unused boys names from our last two.We always struggle with girls names though.We will (hopefully) find out the gender at the twenty scan, but not tell anyone.Will think of names then!!!

With all the boys names i love, we're hoping its a boy, but sure ill find a name for a girl also hahah! 10 weeks and 2 days today *woohoo*

• Advertisement

shesty wrote: »
    My stomach muscles stretched waaaay early and waaaaaay too easily!!

No judgment here! I swore I started showing at 8 weeks last time and that was my first!!! I'm snookered this time I'd say. Although I hated the in between but where my pants were too small
    And maternity pants too big

we're currently getting work done in our house,
    hoping to have all sorted by may :(

shakencat wrote: »
    we're currently getting work done in our house,
    hoping to have all sorted by may :(

Must be some pretty big work if it will take til May!
    I don't know what we are going to do...mwe have a spare room full of junk, mostly laundry.The house is overflowing already so we will have to do something.And a new car -seven seater

No.2 was way cheaper than this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

So lovely hearing how everyone is getting on. I'm trying really hard to stay level headed about the whole thing until I get to second trimester(but its so hard).My sister had 3 miscarriages when starting a family and only carried to term after intervention so I'm worried to plan too far ahead.

I am 6 weeks 5 days and have a wedding all next weekend so a bit nervous about the drinking side of things. I'd usually be first on the prosecco and love an ould wedding sesh. it's a close friends wedding so there will be lots of the girls there. Hoping it won't be too hard to hide the pregnancy. Definitely don't want to reveal at this stage. Anybody any tips? Also nausea, insomnia and tiredness really kicking in. Just keeping everything crossed they feck off for the weekend. Really really want to be bringing bright and positive energy to the wedding and not worrying about a subtle place to puke 😂😂

its not that it will take until may, its the money we need to do it! haha!

Any Key?
    I am in the same place as you, every event im driving and saying ive work or a course the next day, but next weekend is a close friends 30th, not sure how ill get away with it :(

Don't worry about the houses girls, last year I was pregnant and living in a one bedroom flat. We managed to buy a house, furniture and a new car before baby came. It was exhausting but it's amazing what you achieve when you have to!!

And you won't get away with not drinking, sorry! I was at a wedding and didn't drink and loads of people spotted it and commented. I was drinking water and 7up though. If you really want to hide it I suggest saying yes to the wine (no one will notice it's not being drunk or topped up) and maybe getting the OH to go to bar for you and buy 7up or coke with a lemon in it so it looks like a vodka!

Or....I'm guilty of this.....nurse a glass of wine for as long as possible without actually drinking it.Or let people buy you drinks and kind of conveniently lose them on various tables and bars when nobody is watching.Can be a bit tricky though.
    I'd actually be ok with having the odd glass of wine during pregnancy as I am not a drinker, it leaves me feeling so sick that it's not worth it, no matter whether it's the first trimester or the third.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I'd either pretend to sip a drink slowly or tell close friends that you're trying to conceive and so are on health kick and not drinking. Almost the truth but not :)

• Advertisement

Today is the first day I wasn't nauseous and retching in the morning. I had a horrible day on Thursday- all day nausea and retching, I was quite depressed. But each day got better since. I'm only 7 weeks but hoping this is it!! I know MS comes and goes but I'm fairly sure on my last one it started and finished early

Advertisement