Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May 2018 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Yes I had two appointments with my osteopath at 24/25 weeks and at 38 weeks am still pain free. They're much more highly trained than a chiropractor but similar-ish type work.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Could you please let me know your osteopaths details SB? Think this is what I need and hoping Im not too late at 34 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I'll pm you lashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

I'll pm you lashes.

Thanks a million, tried to reply but it keeps crashing on me. Got an appointment for Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i had the NIPT test done yesterday in the Rotunda,

Got a scan with some pics! still hard to believe there is a little human inside me!

And then the bloods, ticked the box to find out the gender too!

so in 10 days il know of any extreme illnesses, and the sex!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Lovely shakencat :-) Wait til you feel it moving, it's a lovely feeling!I can feel the wriggles already internally, (very early but there's more room in there for mine after two others!!!!) it's a nice time.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Great shakencat

I'm 13weeks and was debating whether or not to get it done. Im booked in now for Tuesday week. Wish I booked it earlier. Didnt realise they would be so busy!

Can't wait for the scan as was going to book a private one in anyway between now and the 20week.

frogstar wrote: »
    Great shakencat

I'm 13weeks and was debating whether or not to get it done. Im booked in now for Tuesday week. Wish I booked it earlier. Didnt realise they would be so busy!

Can't wait for the scan as was going to book a private one in anyway between now and the 20week.

yeah i didnt realise there was a scan!
    was nice to hear the heart beat again, also saw its brain!
    Just wondering if its a boy or girl!

I was there about 90 mins altogether, so be smart with parking!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Is it the Rotunda?You can park in the multistorey carpark behind the cinema down the road there on Parnell st, used to be UGC,don't know what it is now.And the security guard beside the hospital reception will stamp your ticket on your way out so it costs 6eur no matter how long you are there ;-)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think it's cineworld. If you're using a sat nav type in cineworld car park and that'll direct you to the entrance.

• Advertisement

I know the car park.. im just lazy :P

I'm lazier about having change and finding street parking!!!Way too much hassle!

Thanks I work in city centre so no need for parking. Got a late enough appointment so will head home after rather than go back to office

Only 13 weeks pregnant and I'm stressing this evening about schools! Not babtising baby and my local school (literally on my doorstep) " is Catholic. No issue sending child there and I want to (child can make up their own mind if they want to join the club)

Have fired off an email to school see what their policies are. We do have an Irish school 20mins away but I don't want an Irish school and makes sense to send to local if possible. Please God it wont be an issue as I have never planned on a babtism and have been quite vocal to family in past.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If it's catholic, AFAIK they can't outright refuse, but they've usually got an enrollment policy which means if they're over subscribed priority will be given to catholic kids. I know in my son's school it goes something like this order:

1. Kids with siblings in the school
    2. Children of staff members
    3. Children of past pupils
    4. Catholic children living in the area
    5. Catholic children living outside the area who do not have access to a catholic school in their area
    6. Non-catholic children living in the area

When my son started Jr Infants last year they had room for a 3rd Jr infants class, so it turned out that there was a place for everyone who had their name down, and they didn't have to use the priority system.

I think if the school is oversubscribed it may be an issue.If it's not I really don't think it's anything to worry about.

It's a load of BS isn't it.

I've fired off an email in anyway. I know it's years off but would still like to know

Our area is expanding and I've lived here 20 years (a blow in) but this school was recently built about 5 years ago to cater for demand

Of course response from family, just have a christening to avoid any issues! Missing the point entirely

Well it's a numbers game really.I mean if they weren't catholic schools but were oversubscribed anyway, they'd still have to have some criteria to control how they allocate places, be it postcodes or siblings or something, like the UK.There are always going to be problems like that in certain areas.If you feel strongly about not baptising, then don't.
    It sounds like you may not have too much to worry about though.

Having the "but I want to wear THAT dress" row with my three year old this morning (naturally she wants the frilliest sparkliest lightest summer dress in the wardrobe).This is a relatively new advent in our house and I do not have the patience or the energy for it.My fuse is very short when I'm pregnant!!At this point she will be going out in her pjs.

Shesty, how're things? All ok now?

Seems to be Shakencat.Bleed has cleared up (so far anyway).I am back in Rotunda semi-p this week just for a double check so I am hoping it will all look ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Diasydoodledoo

12 weeks today, had an early scan at 8 weeks and found out we’re expecting twins 😊 Just about over the shock.

Re the car park near the Rotunda where you can park and get your ticket stamped and pay €6. Where Can I find more info on this please?

• Advertisement

Congrats Daisy!Wow!
    Em I'm not sure where to point you for more info.I just go to the security guard sitting in the reception area of the Rotunda and hand him the ticket and he stamps it.The carpark is behind the big cinema towards the other end of Parnell st.
    They tell you it when you 'check in' to give birth to the baby :-) Or at least my husband knew it after our first was born so someone must have told him!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

12 weeks today, had an early scan at 8 weeks and found out we’re expecting twins �� Just about over the shock.

Re the car park near the Rotunda where you can park and get your ticket stamped and pay €6. Where Can I find more info on this please?

I'm almost sure there's a sign up in the waiting room in the rotunda too!!

Congrats on the twins!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Diasydoodledoo

Thanks for the info really appreciate it. I did see a sign re parking but didn’t actually read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

11+2 and lots of cramping today :( Hope to god it's just normal stretching pains.

11+2 and lots of cramping today Hope to god it's just normal stretching pains.

Fingers crossed, calmed down at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Yes calmed down again! Weird feeling. Scan is in a few days!

Great attentionbebe.It's terrible, I am monitoring every twinge myself, under total stress.Hope the scan goes well.

Back in today for a follow up appointment....baby is measuring ahead.I have a bump, it's rather...big... for so early!I look about 20 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Had my booking app. Am due 24.05.18! Already showing, but some of that is from the last baby!! My daughter isn't even 1 and I'm nearly three months pregnant, madness.

• Advertisement

Great it went well Beany, such a relief to get it over with.
    My second did all the damage, there was no hope for redemption for my stomach after her!!!

Advertisement