Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May 2018 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

How are we all guys :)

I'm waiting for my resulting NIPT test :/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

No insomnis here for now ;-)
    Nausea has eased so feeling more normal but I have a bump and I feel rather large.Work colleagues are beginning to find out.I don't mind but I'm just praying it all keeps going ok.Roll on the 20 week scan.
    I'd murder a cup of coffee, but I still don't quite trust my stomach !
    Good luck with the scan results!

shesty wrote:
    No insomnis here for now ;-) Nausea has eased so feeling more normal but I have a bump and I feel rather large.Work colleagues are beginning to find out.I don't mind but I'm just praying it all keeps going ok.Roll on the 20 week scan. I'd murder a cup of coffee, but I still don't quite trust my stomach ! Good luck with the scan results!

Insomnia is better for me too.. but peeing is worse. Haha
    At least I wake to pee then go back to sleep :)

My friend's sister is pregnant, three weeks ahead of me. And she has a mighty bump!!

I'm scared!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Well it's not that long since my last and a few people have said to me that it does take two years for your muscles to really return to normal.It's been less than that, so I probably shouldn't be surprised, but still!!!

shesty wrote:
    Well it's not that long since my last and a few people have said to me that it does take two years for your muscles to really return to normal.It's been less than that, so I probably shouldn't be surprised, but still!!!

Oh, no, I've heard you have a bump earlier when it's after no.1... :)

This is my friend's sisters first!
    Makes me think mines not ok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Grainne28

Hi all, I have my first appointment in Holles Street on Nov 21st, Ill be about 13 weeks then, first baby. I got the appointment letter and it doesn't mention anything about a scan, do you usually get a scan at the first appointment? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Help...
    Can anyone give me dialog of how to tell my boss.
    I feel in a constant state of panic knowing I have to do it.
    Is the only way to do it just say the words I'm pregnant?
    Does that sound too blunt.
    Can't cope with this situation at all

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

RubyXI wrote: »
    Help...
    Can anyone give me dialog of how to tell my boss.
    I feel in a constant state of panic knowing I have to do it.
    Is the only way to do it just say the words I'm pregnant?
    Does that sound too blunt.
    Can't cope with this situation at all

I just said I'm expecting a baby, have been saying it a lot over the last week as was telling people in my department individually. There's no rush to tell I didn't tell my boss till 19 weeks and held off with other people for another 2 weeks.

You kind of do end up just saying 'do you mind if I talk to you - I just wanted to tell you that I am pregnant'...I usually add (from nerves!)" I'm about X number of weeks and due around next X" but I know how you feel, even still I try to avoid actually blurting it out!!!Most people are usually delighted for you anyway so it tends to be 10s of mortification and that's it.
    You just sort of have to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I only started a job last time and found out I was pregnant. I was bricking it. I've just returned to work and am pregnant again eek!!! It's not going to be easier but that's life

• Advertisement

Hehe Beanybabog it is life.
    I am in my third job since my first child, I've had each pregnancy with a different employer (embarassing).I'm hoping to stay with this job though!!!

I thought my nausea had gone... not so it seems. Changing my babys dirty nappy KILLS me but today was the absolute worst. I was holding her on the changing table trying to wipe her clean while simultaneously puking on the floor. Can anyone remember does the sensitivity to smells pass???

How many weeks are you again Beany?I am 14 almost 15, and the smell thing definitely has passed -mostly.Although the smell of a couple of people's lunches were a bit tough to bear today, I think when it comes on me suddenly my stomach lurches.I have a feeling it eases but can come and go a bit all the way through, if smells are very strong.

12 weeks. The nausea has subsided but the smells / puking hasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Beanybabog wrote: »
    I thought my nausea had gone... not so it seems. Changing my babys dirty nappy KILLS me but today was the absolute worst. I was holding her on the changing table trying to wipe her clean while simultaneously puking on the floor. Can anyone remember does the sensitivity to smells pass???

It does! After 14 weeks for me. I really feel for you having to change nappies with it. I could barely open the fridge without puking.

I got my harmony results! All good. It was really fast this time, I went in on Monday and results given Thursday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

12 week scan all done and dusted! So surreal to see our little one bouncing around and waving. We're starting to tell our friends now. Next stop work, which I'm anxious about because I've only just started in August :(

I got my harmony results! All good. It was really fast this time, I went in on Monday and results given Thursday evening

Were you told the sex? :)

Im stil waiting!

shakencat wrote: »
    Were you told the sex? :)

Im stil waiting!

Yes a boy! I have baby girl so I suppose that man perfect, even though I didn't mind other way!!

Yes a boy! I have baby girl so I suppose that man perfect, even though I didn't mind other way!!

where did you get the test done?:o

• Advertisement

shakencat wrote: »
    where did you get the test done?:o

Merrion fetal- the one attached to Holles street

Think I have a touch of low blood pressure....I recognise the slightly woozy feeling after breakfast from last time!I can feel baby wriggling away though, so going to keep hoping it's all ok and will turn out well.Almost 15 weeks, which is good :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

shesty wrote: »
    Think I have a touch of low blood pressure....I recognise the slightly woozy feeling after breakfast from last time!I can feel baby wriggling away though, so going to keep hoping it's all ok and will turn out well.Almost 15 weeks, which is good :-)

I've been a bit light headed too around week 15. Feels like a sugar low. Eating something helped.

shesty wrote:

I was really low at my 12 week scan!

Not so bad now, stil get light headed but no where near as many times!!

Great news though!!

All is well!

I can't feel anything!

shesty wrote: »

That's fairly early!! I felt my first move at 14 weeks so I thought I'd feel this one really early but nothing yet. I'm only 12 weeks though lol

It's ridiculous!I can't feel kicks or anything but when I lie or sit in a certain way I can just feel movement internally.Have been feeling it since about 11 weeks.My first I felt butterfly kicks at 15 weeks (and she's crazy!), my second was more typical kicks at 17 or weeks so, although I could feel that odd internal wriggling movement.I'm getting concerned about the potential future energy levels of this one, we already have one nutter!!!

I find a small breakfast helps the low blood pressure and eat a small amount again about two hours later.It has been ok on the appointments, but it started to go a bit low from about 16 weeks on no.2, although nobody actually said it to me til about my 32 weeks appointment.I've started to ask this time round.

Test results all came back clear :)

And I found out the sex of the baby...

Not saying here incase anyone knows me. And I haven't said it to himself yet.

He's not finished until 8pm. It's going to be a long day!

I'm not sure I could keep that in all day!!!!

Ha ha I rang everyone straight away! Glad they only rang me with the results at 5pm, I couldn't have waited either

• Advertisement

It's a girl!

Advertisement