Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Fieldog wrote: »
    Any links to that?

That is not on a holistic blog site?

How DARE you suggest that a holistic blog site is less reputable than thousands of peer reviewed publications.

Am I doing antivax right???

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,323 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Dr Brown wrote: »
    Not in the case of the Swine Flu vaccine or the HPV vaccine.

Centres were set up in Denmark to treat girls who were damaged by the HPV vaccine.

Every time I read a story in the paper about some poor young woman dying of cervical cancer and leaving young children behind, I think of idiots like you spouting nonsense and the damage that you have done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Did he even read the f*cking thing?
    The absolute number of narcolepsy cases attributable to Pandemrix vaccination was five per 100,000 vaccinated children/adolescents or one in 19,000 vaccinated.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 23,328 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Did he even read the f*cking thing?

They never make it past the headline.

Articles are too big.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

In Scotland the HPV vaccine seems to be working

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-47803975
    They found the vaccine had led to a 90% cut in pre-cancerous cells.
    The uptake of the vaccine in Scotland is about 90%.
    Nearly all cervical cancers (99.7%) are caused by infection from a high risk HPV

Science stuff https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l1375

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

284181c2f15ea6915f1ce42e8261bd44.jpg

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

blanch152 wrote: »
    Every time I read a story in the paper about some poor young woman dying of cervical cancer and leaving young children behind, I think of idiots like you spouting nonsense and the damage that you have done.
    I heard on the radio today that a 43 year old mother who has terminal cervical cancer was awarded €2.5 million. All deserved compared to some of the ridiculous settlements out there but this poor woman only has a life expectancy of 12-22 months. I'm sure she and her family would trade that money for a regular life in a heart beat. I lost my own mother to cancer but at least we were all grown up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

blanch152 wrote: »

The fact is that a woman is more likely to be damaged by the Vaccine than die of cervical cancer.

Dr Andrew Rynne pointed this out in article he wrote about the Vaccine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

The fact is that a woman is more likely to be damaged by the Vaccine than die of cervical cancer.

Would I be right in calling bollocks on this?

Erik Shun wrote: »
    Would I be right in calling bollocks on this?

Your saying Dr Andrew Rynne is wrong ?

• Advertisement

Proof please.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

That's not a fact, that's an outright lie. The hpv vaccine prevents about 70% of cervical cancers. It's the second most common female cancer in Europe. Meanwhile no evidence of actual adverse effects from the vaccine. So please stop lying.

https://www.who.int/vaccine_safety/initiative/tools/HPV_vaccine_rates_information_sheet_1217.pdf
    Your saying Dr Andrew Rynne is wrong ?

Yes he is wrong, the WHO study backs me up... Do you have a study of Andrews that you can produce?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

0d7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Proof please.

Proof... the poster has Dr in front of his name. Ain't that proof enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭Harika

Proof... the poster has Dr in front of his name. Ain't that proof enough.

And all of them get damaged by the needle slashing through the skin and destroying cells on the way.

batgoat wrote: »

Yes he is wrong, the WHO study backs me up... Do you have a study of Andrews that you can produce?

The original safety studies on the Vaccine were flawed they never even used a real placebo.

You can look that up if you don't believe me.

The original safety studies on the Vaccine were flawed they never even used a real placebo.

That's not true, is it?

H. H. Asquith

Provide your source, I assume you have a study that countered the findings? Or is it just a crazed anti-vax site?

Lets not also forget that the company who make the HPV Vaccine killed over 60 thousand people with their Vioxx drug which they tried to cover up.

Yet people are some how "crazy" for not trusting a word this company has to say.

Lets not also forget that the company who make the HPV Vaccine killed over 60 thousand people with their Vioxx drug which they tried to cover up.

Yet people are some how "crazy" for not trusting a word this company has to say.

No, they're crazy for turning themselves into human drivel factories who've outsourced their brains to venal cretins like Andrew Wakefield.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

The finding of the WHO is that the HPV vaccine is perfectly safe. Meanwhile you're not providing an ounce proof for your claims.

No, they're crazy for turning themselves into human drivel factories who've outsourced their brains to venal cretins like Andrew Wakefield.

Can you tell me what Wakefield actually did wrong ?

batgoat wrote: »
    The finding of the WHO is that the HPV vaccine is perfectly safe. Meanwhile you're not providing an ounce proof for your claims.

The WHO also said that the swine flu vaccine was "safe" and look how that turned out.

Committing child abuse for profit. His original "study". Then he continued to perpetuate a cult based on stupidity and child suffering for profit.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 23,328 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Bahahahahahaha

He manipulated data to make it look like there was a connection between autism and the mmr vaccine, failed to disclose conflicts of interest(same groups actually paid towards his legal costs) and basically produced a fraudulent study. So he was completely unethical.

https://web.archive.org/web/20070223155047/http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/newspapers/sunday_times/britain/article1265373.ece

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mmr-doctor-andrew-wakefield-fixed-data-on-autism-mgj82qsk50g

Committing child abuse for profit. His original "study". Then he continued to perpetuate a cult based on stupidity and child suffering for profit.

Child abuse are you for real ? not one parent ever complained about Wakefield.

I think you have being reading too much in the fake media about Wakefield.

Not only did not a single parent accuse Wakefield of "child abuse" but they all actively supported him during his show trial.

Its a very strange case of "child abuse" were the parents have nothing but good things to say about the alleged abuser.

https://www.ageofautism.com/2010/02/no-parent-ever-complained-to-gmc-public-statement-from-lancet-families-supports-the-mmr3.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

He runs a vasectomy clinic. He is qualified to talk about vasectomies only, not vaccines. Therefore, I don't care about his opinion.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to call over to my accountant so he can take a look at the arthritis in my knee.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Not only did not a single parent accuse Wakefield of "child abuse" but they all actively supported him during his show trial.

Its a very strange case of "child abuse" were the parents have nothing but good things to say about the alleged abuser.

https://www.ageofautism.com/2010/02/no-parent-ever-complained-to-gmc-public-statement-from-lancet-families-supports-the-mmr3.html

Age of Autism as a source?

giphy.gif

I await the YouTube videos with sensationalised headlines followed by one post wonders recalling the time their little Johnny and Mary's got the vaccine and were never the same again. After that, then we will get the same debunked "arguments" about the ethics of vaccines.

The merry go round keeps on a rollin'.

• Advertisement

Here's a summary of findings.
    (i) [Wakefield] spread fear that the MMR vaccine might lead to autism, even though he knew that his own laboratory had carried out tests whose results dramatically contradicted his claims in that the measles virus had not been found in a single one of the children concerned in his study and he knew or ought to have known that there was absolutely no basis at all for his belief that the MMR should be broken up into single vaccines.
    (ii) In spreading such fear, acted dishonestly and for mercenary motives in that, although he improperly failed to disclose the fact, he planned a rival vaccine and products (such as a diagnostic kit based on his theory) that could have made his fortune
    (iii) Gravely abused the children under his care by unethically carrying out extensive invasive procedures (on occasions requiring three people to hold a child down), thereby driving nurses to leave and causing his medical colleagues serious concern and unhappiness
    (iv) Improperly and/or dishonestly failed to disclose to his colleagues and to the public that his research on autistic children had begun with a contract with solicitors who were trying to sue the manufacturers of the MMR vaccine
    (v) Improperly or dishonestly lent his reputation to the International Child Development Resource Centre, which promoted to very vulnerable parents expensive products for whose efficacy (as he knew or should have known) there was no scientific evidence

So absolutely no basis for his claims, tried to promote a quack treatment. The study was going to act as a way to promote his own vaccine and other products, so profit making is another via poor research. Plus people trying to sue the manufacturers of the MMR vaccine were fiscally backing him, he intentionally divulged that.

And the last part, he engaged in invasive procedures against children for no good reason. This caused distress and they were held down at times so it could be completed.

So he did loads wrong and has made a fortune as a result of his sheer lack of ethics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement