Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It's funny how all of the other Nobel Laureates who support vaccination don't count.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

It's funny how all of the other Nobel Laureates who support vaccination don't count.

People are entitled to have different opinions Nobel prize winners or not. If you want to go get 1,000 vaccines I couldn't care less just stop expecting others to do the same.

• Site Banned Posts: 58 ✭✭mikeorange

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Anti Vax woman in work. Big fat yoke. I'm very picky about what I put in my body she proclaimed a few months ago. Clearly shes not.

I find it to be the opposite tbh

Most of the people I know who are getting/got the vax are overweight and live a sedentary life and are fearful of the virus due to the state of there bodies, alot of them WFH and 5 stone overweight, wouldn't lift an empty barbell overhead never mind fight off covid.

While the anti covid vax seem to work in more physical roles, are in good shape and trust own immune systems, so much so most of them have got covid already with mostly no symptoms. Most people who go to my local gym are not getting it.

I'm not including the really young eg under 23 as they've been brainwashed by constant propaganda on social meida platforms they use.All those tik tok dancing pandemic videos from hospitals and guardai dancing have them ruined, those kids are being coerced and forced into vaccines to go on holidays, college etc, terrible stuff, none of them are getting.it for health reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 20,725 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

mikeorange wrote: »

Most of the people I know who are getting/got the vax are overweight and live a sedentary life and are fearful of the virus due to the state of there bodies, alot of them WFH and 5 stone overweight, wouldn't lift an empty barbell overhead never mind fight off covid.

While the anti covid vax seem to work in more physical roles, are in good shape and trust own immune systems, so much so most of them have got covid already with mostly no symptoms. Most people who go to my local gym are not getting it.

I'm not including the really young eg under 23 as they've been brainwashed by constant propaganda on social meida platforms they use.All those tik tok dancing pandemic videos from hospitals and guardai dancing have them ruined, those kids are being coerced and forced into vaccines to go on holidays, college etc, terrible stuff, none of them are getting.it for health reasons

There are over a million people vaccinated. How many of them do you know?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    People put their own beliefs above the health of others, that's the issue.

You, for example, openly believe this whole pandemic was "planned" and is a "scam". People are capable of having uninformed beliefs that threaten not only their own health, but the health of others.

How are my beliefs putting others health in danger? I never put a gun to anyone's head saying they must agree with me. You do you and let me do me. If you feel I'm putting your health at risk stay away from me simples.

• Advertisement

Care to name these "senators" who want to see Fauci in front of a judge as you claimed earlier?

Rand Paul is most famous one, who is also a doctor himself and is not getting vaccine as he had covid already

Jim Jordan and a few others

Write into google, Fauci senators

Sorry duckduckgo

Google sensors everything

Its like YouTube kids for adults

Very true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Rand Paul is most famous one, who is also a doctor himself and is not getting vaccine as he had covid already

Sorry duckduckgo

Rand Paul seems to have changed his tune between pandemics. From what I remember Ebola killed 2 people in the US (not rounded for hundreds of thousands).
    https://www.courier-journal.com/story/politics-blog/2014/10/02/kentucky-sen-rand-paul-suggests-ebola-virus-outbreak-may-be-more-serious/16582807/

Rand Paul seems to have changed his tune between pandemics. From what I remember Ebola killed 2 people in the US (not rounded for hundreds of thousands).
    https://www.courier-journal.com/story/politics-blog/2014/10/02/kentucky-sen-rand-paul-suggests-ebola-virus-outbreak-may-be-more-serious/16582807/

Lame tbh

You can do better than that

I could write a book on what Fauci has got wrong.

Lame tbh

That is twice you have used tbh on this page. Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,434 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sorry duckduckgo

So a bunch of Trump zealots who will go against Fauchi because dear leader doesn't like him?

Any credible senators?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Lame tbh

Lame how, funny how people like Paul who claim to be libertarians are acting like the politicians the tea party claimed to hate. He jumped on the anti Obama band wagon for Ebola and is being a Trump brown noser during covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭ebbsy

There is a guy protesting about masks and vaccine passports in Kildare Town centre right now.

Loon of the week.

Lame tbh

Go on then, let us know when it hits the NY Times bestseller list :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Lame how, funny how people like Paul who claim to be libertarians are acting like the politicians the tea party claimed to hate. He jumped on the anti Obama band wagon for Ebola and is being a Trump brown noser during covid.

Paul is just another authoritarian corporate shill. Taxes for preventing woman having abortions and locking people up but not for schooling or healthcare.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Go on then, let us know when it hits the NY Times bestseller list :rolleyes:

I won't have to write it

Many top authors will write about him in time to come.

I won't have to write it

Many top authors will write about him in time to come.

OK;)

ebbsy wrote: »
    There is a guy protesting about masks and vaccine passports in Kildare Town centre right now.

Loon of the week.

If you wore a mask in Febuary 2020 you'd be called a conspiracy theorists funny how things change

OK;)

Be sarcastic all you want, but he will be all over the news in time, trials, scandals, the lot, he will be the fall guy for the devastation caused by Covid

The truth will come out about the origins and his involvement, day by day we are getting the breadcrumbs.

GT89 wrote: »
    If you wore a mask in Febuary 2020 you'd be called a conspiracy theorists funny how things change

Which conspiracy theory.
    ?

A quick search shows that masks were recommended back then for some groups, and the science has developed since. Nothing unusual about that.

https://www.paho.org/en/news/28-2-2020-face-masks-during-outbreaks-who-when-where-and-how-use-them

Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) recommends the use of face masks by:

People who have respiratory symptoms such as coughing, sneezing or difficulty breathing, including when they are seeking medical attention—to protect others around them.
    People (including family members) who are providing care to individuals with respiratory symptoms.
    Healthcare workers, when entering a room with patients or treating an individual with respiratory symptoms, and according to the type of care that will be provided.
    Wearing a face mask alone is not guaranteed to stop infections in any of these circumstances and should be combined with other personal protective measures, such as hand hygiene, keeping your distance from people with symptoms, and respiratory hygiene (or cough etiquette).

• Advertisement

Be sarcastic all you want, but he will be all over the news in time, trials, scandals, the lot, he will be the fall guy for the devastation caused by Covid

The truth will come out about the origins and his involvement, day by day we are getting the breadcrumbs.

So post it here for everyone to read.

Lockdowns, mandatory masks and vaccine passports are all examples government initiated physiological and economic terrorism

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You seem to have a real hard on for him.
    Kind of sad really but whatever floats your boat!

Lockdowns, mandatory masks and vaccine passports are all examples government initiated physiological and economic terrorism

A g'way with your pearl clutching dramatic language :pac:

What is your opinion of the medical advice which they rely on to believe these are necessary impositions?

Sorry duckduckgo

So your reference point is Jim Jordan, a politician who has had a history mired in controversy including the covering of sexual abuse in the Ohio University sex scandal. He's also an ardent support of Donald Trump who took to insulting Fauci and ignoring his advice throughout the pandemic.

Next up is Rand Paul who is happy to push conspiracy including being a guest on Alex Jones over the years. So it's not unusual for him to be pushing conspiracy theories.

So overall, you've got two senators of pretty questionable repute in general that are happy to play into Trumpist style tactics. But ultimately, neither of them have much going for them in terms of facts. There are one hundred sitting senators and you've chosen some of the loonier ones. I'm sure Ted Cruz and the likes may row in behind them too. It doesn't amount to much.

Do you mean psychological? Masks prevent the spread of a deadly virus, lockdowns were there for the same reason. We are exiting lockdown. Vaccine passports will exist because there are irresponsible idiots in the world who don't care about anyone beyond themselves or are too ignorant to see the danger covid poses.

FYI, continuing to do great since vaccine. Hasn't had any negative impact... Meanwhile I know people who nearly died from covid. It was actually psychological and physically traumatic for them. But boohoo, you need to wear a mask and that really hits you badly, apparently.

So your reference point is Jim Jordan, a politician who has had a history mired in controversy including the covering of sexual abuse in the Ohio University sex scandal. He's also an ardent support of Donald Trump who took to insulting Fauci and ignoring his advice throughout the pandemic.

Next up is Rand Paul who is happy to push conspiracy including being a guest on Alex Jones over the years. So it's not unusual for him to be pushing conspiracy theories.

So overall, you've got two senators of pretty questionable repute in general that are happy to play into Trumpist style tactics. But ultimately, neither of them have much going for them in terms of facts. There are one hundred sitting senators and you've chosen some of the loonier ones. I'm sure Ted Cruz and the likes may row in behind them too. It doesn't amount to much.

You can pick apart everyone like that, everyone in those positions have made mistakes

US president is a pervert for ffs

You probably got a C in biology at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭paul71

He's implicated in the creation of Covid

All over the US news today that Wuhan lab staff were hospitalised with Covid-like symptoms just before the outbreak and Fauci funded the lab for gain of function research. They want him infront of judges in the US

He was saying there was no chance it came from a lab less than a year ago.The guy is the definition of a politician. He just waits and sees where the wind is blowing, and nothing sticks to him.

I really do not understand the worship at the altar for him. It boggles my mind. O'Neill is the same, another man that said no chance it came from a lab, now suddenly he's changing his tune too.

Wow, just came back to the tread and found this. Is this the guy who claimed to be a nurse earlier?

Bat**** crazy level conspiracy.

You can pick apart everyone like that, everyone in those positions have made mistakes

US president is a pervert for ffs

You probably got a C in biology at some stage?
    Thankfully, I haven't made a mistake remotely comparable to Jim Jordan's covering up large scale sexual abuse. So basically, you have two Senators with incredibly poor reputations pushing this nonsense... They already have a history of pushing nonsense so why should we believe them now? Have they provided some proof of Fauci doing some terrible criminal act? Or are they ranting? It seems to be the latter and you think because they hold political office, they're suddenly credible...

• Advertisement

What is your opinion of the medical advice which they rely on to believe these are necessary impositions?

Unrealistic and doesn't take normal human behaviour into account

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement