Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,538 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

mikeorange wrote: »
    There's being wrong and there's lieing.

Do you really believe Fauci, O'Niell etc didn't know it was airbourne till last summer and washing your hands was useful?

Your an intelligent guy, when did you realise it was airbourne and hung around the air like passive smoke?

Jan/Feb 2020?

Unless you have proof that they knew the truth and lied then I'm going to dismiss this is yet more asinine nonsense.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Do you really believe Fauci, O'Niell etc didn't know it was airbourne till last summer and washing your hands was useful?

Your an intelligent guy, when did you realise it was airbourne and hung around the air like passive smoke?

Jan/Feb 2020?

how do you know he's an intelligent guy, because he says so on boards???
    or because he's published papers?? he could be a bloody apprentice printer for you all you know..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Jan/Feb 2020?

Washing your hands is useful. A virus surviving on surfaces and a virus being transmitted through coughing/sneezing are not mutually exclusive.

I'm highly amused by your previous claim to be a nurse. Good lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Why am I being reminded of Noel Pattern right now?

• Site Banned Posts: 58 ✭✭mikeorange

Unless you have proof that they knew the truth and lied then I'm going to dismiss this is yet more asinine nonsense.

Will you be calling it nonsense when Fauci becomes the fall guy and is in court soon? How anyone can actually still listen to that guy with a straight face is hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Fall guy for what?

Fall guy for what?

He's implicated in the creation of Covid

All over the US news today that Wuhan lab staff were hospitalised with Covid-like symptoms just before the outbreak and Fauci funded the lab for gain of function research. They want him infront of judges in the US

He was saying there was no chance it came from a lab less than a year ago.The guy is the definition of a politician. He just waits and sees where the wind is blowing, and nothing sticks to him.

I really do not understand the worship at the altar for him. It boggles my mind. O'Neill is the same, another man that said no chance it came from a lab, now suddenly he's changing his tune too.

Will you be calling it nonsense when Fauci becomes the fall guy and is in court soon? How anyone can actually still listen to that guy with a straight face is hilarious.

Got a timeline on when he'll supposedly be on trial? Meanwhile you're pushing an antivaxxer as the only true opinion even though he won't go through peer review for any of said opinions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,538 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

All over the US news today that Wuhan lab staff were hospitalised with Covid-like symptoms just before the outbreak and Fauci funded the lab for gain of function research. They want him infront of judges in the US

He was saying there was no chance it came from a lab less than a year ago.The guy is the definition of a politician. He just waits and sees where the wind is blowing, and nothing sticks to him.

I really do not understand the worship at the altar for him. It boggles my mind. O'Neill is the same, another man that said no chance it came from a lab, now suddenly he's changing his tune too.

So just more conspiracy drivel?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Solidarity, brother. Any chance of next weeks lottery numbers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ChickenDish

Had there been Anti Vaxxers to the same degree a 100 years ago as there is today, darwinism would had kicked in, nature would have run its course and the gene pool would be better off for it.

The problem today is that medicine has progressed to the level where intellectually challenged people (anti vaxxers) will generally survive diseases that vaccines prevent. Unfortunately for people living in third world countries, diseases that vaccines prevent d9nt always have access to vaccines. So effectively speaking the children of anti vaxxers and people less fortunate than them suffer from the stupidly of anti vaxxers.

Such a shame there is not a vaccine for stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No he isn't.

Who wants him "in front of judges"?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Montagnier and now this. Perhaps don't get your "info" from conspiracy sites.

No he isn't.

Who wants him "in front of judges"?

Senators in the US

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Montagnier and now this. Perhaps don't get your "info" from conspiracy sites.

They are getting it right more than you lot anyway

May 2020
    Fauci, the director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, shot down the discussion that has been raging among politicians and pundits, calling it “a circular argument” in a conversation Monday with National Geographic.

“If you look at the evolution of the virus in bats and what's out there now, [the scientific evidence] is very, very strongly leaning toward this could not have been artificially or deliberately manipulated … Everything about the stepwise evolution over time strongly indicates that [this virus] evolved in nature and then jumped species,” Fauci says. Based on the scientific evidence, he also doesn’t entertain an alternate theory—that someone found the coronavirus in the wild, brought it to a lab, and then it accidentally escaped

May 2021
    America's top expert on infectious diseases and adviser to President Biden administration on coronavirus pandemic, Dr Anthony Fauci said that he is "not convinced" that SARS-CoV-2 virus developed naturally.

Senators in the US

Who? How many? Name names.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

So just more conspiracy drivel?

Honestly surprised theres been no mention of adrenochrome yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

They are getting it right more than you lot anyway

Who are "they", names please, and what are they suggesting exactly?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Some businesses or organisations may also apply this logic towards customers e.g. airlines.
    Airlines are getting major fines over this. It's probably a lot less hassle for them to refuse a passenger than try to get compensation from someone who isn't honest.

Fake Covid-19 Certificates Hit Airlines, Which Now Have to Police Them

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Ah Luc Montagnier. To repost this:

https://science.thewire.in/the-scien...pseudoscience/
    although Montagnier himself is a controversial figure. Among other causes, he has supported anti-vaxxers, homeopathy and a silly claim that DNA emits “electromagnetic waves”.

Technically according to Stefan's Law everything emits electromagnetic waves simply by existing at a temperature other than absolute zero, a temperature that can't be reached.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Because the very idea is absurd.

Are you an epidemiologist?

GT89 wrote: »
    Are you an epidemiologist?

Do you know what that is?

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

And there it is.

And there it is.

Where what is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Where what is?

The evidence that the poster has been "educating" himself by consuming nonsense. It could have been nonsense being shared on social media or nonsense that he actively sought out himself but that's not really important. What matters is that it's nonsense.

To be fair, it was clear enough when he wheeled out a quack to support his argument.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

And countries should be allowed to send anti-vaxxers back to where they came from just as airlines should be allowed to minimise risk to passengers' health.

It won't be a case of no jab no entry it'll more like if you don't take the shot you'll have to take a test and fill out all this paperwork before we let you in. People including those against the vaccine will just say screw this Ile get the vaccine as I couldn't be bothered with all this hassle.

That's basically what the EU health passport scheme take the vaccine and save time or refuse and have to take constant tests if you want to travel and fill out lots of paperwork. Airlines couldn't care less if you take the vax or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

GT89 wrote: »
    It won't be a case of no jab no entry it'll more like if you don't take the shot you'll have to take a test and fill out all this paperwork before we let you in. People including those against the vaccine will just say screw this Ile get the vaccine as I couldn't be bothered with all this hassle.

That's basically what the EU health passport scheme take the vaccine and save time or refuse and have to take constant tests if you want to travel and fill out lots of paperwork. Airlines couldn't care less if you take the vax or not.

It is the responsibility of the airline to ensure that passenger meets the entry requirements for the destination country. if a passenger is refused because they don't have the vaccine and dont meet the alternative requirements then the airline is responsible for the cost of sending them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Anti Vax woman in work. Big fat yoke. I'm very picky about what I put in my body she proclaimed a few months ago. Clearly shes not.

The evidence that the poster has been "educating" himself by consuming nonsense. It could have been nonsense being shared on social media or nonsense that he actively sought out himself but that's not really important. What matters is that it's nonsense.

To be fair, it was clear enough when he wheeled out a quack to support his argument.

A nobel prize winner is a quack?

What have you achieved in life to be so mighty?

• Advertisement

A nobel prize winner is a quack?

What have you achieved in life to be so mighty?

Care to name these "senators" who want to see Fauci in front of a judge as you claimed earlier?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement