Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Amantine

CosmicFool wrote: »
    A lot of people will be fine if they get measles but not everyone. Why take that chance if you can get a vaccine to prevent an unnecessary disease and the chance you'll die? What's wrong with you? You're a disgusting human being with you're nonsense you're throwing all over here putting peoples lives at risk.

you calling me a "disgusting human being" because I'm advocating informed consent and vaccine safety says a lot more about your education than me, your spelling and punctuation seem to confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,158 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Amantine wrote: »
    So what you are saying is that children are better off getting chicken pox when they are younger... interesting!
    You are confirming what I was saying: chicken pox is the next vaccine that the CDC will push, I expect lots of fear mongering over this new "crisis".
    If it's so dangerous why doesn't the HSE offer it?

As clear as night follows day any post that starts with "So what you are saying is" will make the most stupid point possible on any subject. we really need to think up a name for this law.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Why not, if we could eradicate it completely, no more chicken pox
    Haha, the varicella zoster virus stays dormant and reactivates and can cause recurrent disease. Most of us on this board carry it. And you can still get wild type varicella even if you've been vaccinated.
    It's the same virus that also causes shingles.

if you're going to eradicate something, then maybe don't go for a self limiting disease. Malaria, now that's something we should be working on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Why are people feeding a very obvious WUM ?

CosmicFool wrote: »
    A lot of people will be fine if they get measles but not everyone. Why take that chance if you can get a vaccine to prevent an unnecessary disease and the chance you'll die? What's wrong with you? You're a disgusting human being with you're nonsense you're throwing all over here putting peoples lives at risk.

A lot of people will be fine if they get measles and a lot of people will be fine if they get the vaccine, that's why there really is no need for hysteria over this. Some people won't do well with measles and some people will have a problem with the vaccine and that's why everyone has the right to decide what is best for their circumstances.
    At the end of the day, the top causes of death in the western world are heart disease and stroke.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Clearly you didn't get the sarcasm! Of course injecting air is dangerous, that's my whole point!
    And yet you undermine your whole argument by ignoring the bit about mainlining an aluminium-like metal ...

And yet you undermine your whole argument by ignoring the bit about mainlining an aluminium-like metal ...
    Did you say aluminium-like? Are all metals the same now? Why not inject lead or cadmium? My whole point is that all this is very complex and that science doesn't have all the answers. Also "mainlining" is used for narcotics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Clearly you didn't get the sarcasm! Of course injecting air is dangerous, that's my whole point!
    Air in lungs = fine
    Air injested= fine
    Air injected in bloodstream ... good luck.

Difference is, we've got an established basis for it being dangerous. You have no empirical proof for dangers of the mmr vaccine for example. You've got a debunked study.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

if you're going to eradicate something, then maybe don't go for a self limiting disease. Malaria, now that's something we should be working on.
    Malaria Vaccines are being worked on, but you'd still probably be against it.

https://www.who.int/immunization/research/development/malaria/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 47 paddar

I feel like we are giving Amantine the oxygen of publicity.

Nothing she/he says discredits vaccines. Yet the more of a platform they are given the bigger the danger they raise doubts in the gullible.

It can be very hard to counter lies around vaccines, particular when someone deliberately and mischievously muddies the water.

Yes, absolutely yes. I think this post should be re-quoted on every page as a public service announcement just in case someone has missed it. As an aside I find it absolutely staggering that we are even having this conversation. People will literally die because of the amount of confusion and doubt anti-vaxxers sow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VicMackey1

LOL. Everybody who disagrees with you is a nazi.

As far as I know, once someone is identified as a Nazi, you are allowed to punch them.
    "Punch a Nazi" Miles McInnes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

And here is a link about how the MMR caused Robert de Niro's child's Autism. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/13/robert-de-niro-there-is-a-link-between-vaccines-and-autism/

Here's a link about how it didn't.

http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/

And yet, it's only a matter of time until big pharma will convince everyone that we HAVE to vaccinate against chicken pox.

At the risk of a warning/infraction/ban I'm going to go full ad hom.

You are a fcuking idiot.

Vaccines prevent diseases. Diseases that maim and kill. Morons like you should shut the hell up and stop pretending to have any clue about science, immunology and certainly stop pretending to actually care about the children these diseases kill.

Antivaxxers like you are killing people. You have blood on your hands spreading misinformation and complete and utter bull that has no grounding in science, fact, truth, logic.

Please do society a favour. Delete your boards account. Delete any other social media accounts. Go live in a cave by yourself somewhere where you can't interact with actual humans and therefore can't kill people with your lies.

Malaria Vaccines are being worked on, but you'd still probably be against it.

You are wrong! I literally said "Malaria, now that's something we should be working on" and would welcome anything that would help eradicate malaria.

VicMackey1 wrote: »
    As far as I know, once someone is identified as a Nazi, you are allowed to punch them.
    "Punch a Nazi" Miles McInnes
    I'm advocating vaccine safety and informed consent, which is a human right.
    You are inciting hatred and physical violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

No, you're being complicit in the death of children, children!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,782 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

lol and Holocaust deniers are "simply advocating for the truth and quality historical research"

Funny how fringes feel the need to dress up their irrational messages, almost as if they instinctively know they have to mask it

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

And here is a link about how the MMR caused Robert de Niro's child's Autism. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/13/robert-de-niro-there-is-a-link-between-vaccines-and-autism/
    Where in that is there any evidence on how RdN's child became autistic because of the MMR?
    Even de Niro is speculating!

astrofool wrote: »
    No, you're being complicit in the death of children, children!

Am I? Because I'm advocating vaccine safety? How? Did I say children shouldn't get vaccinated? You sound a bit neurotic.

"Although policymakers acknowledge the utility of manufacturers’ involvement in vaccination policymaking, industry lobbying that is overly aggressive, not fully transparent, or not divorced from financial contributions to lawmakers risks undermining the prospects for legislation to foster uptake of new vaccines."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3483914/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Am I? Because I'm advocating vaccine safety? How? Did I say children shouldn't get vaccinated? You sound a bit neurotic.

"Although policymakers acknowledge the utility of manufacturers’ involvement in vaccination policymaking, industry lobbying that is overly aggressive, not fully transparent, or not divorced from financial contributions to lawmakers risks undermining the prospects for legislation to foster uptake of new vaccines."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3483914/

You've spent pages mocking the necessity of the mmr vaccine and diminished the dangers that measles outbreaks cause.

• Advertisement

batgoat wrote: »
    You've spent pages mocking the necessity of the mmr vaccine and diminished the dangers that measles outbreaks cause.

A lot of people will be fine if they get measles and a lot of people will be fine if they get the vaccine, that's why there really is no need for hysteria over this. Some people won't do well with measles and some people will have a problem with the vaccine and that's why everyone has the right to decide what is best for their circumstances.

No - you are spreading lies about lifesaving vaccines and you are responsible for anyone who dies as a result of reading your lies. Life is a basic human right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I HELL of a lot more people will have complications of measles than suffer long term after a vaccine.

Measles kills, vaccines don't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Says the person who called people who disagreed with them a Nazi.

What you're trying to spread is ignorance and hatred. What does it matter if a few people die or suffer serious harm if you get to feel special on the internet.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

batgoat wrote: »

With a lot of their argument based on the "fact" that well nourished and otherwise healthy children don't die of measles.
    Hence the "lack" of deaths in developed countries despite the reduction in vaccination uptake...

This is balanced by their logic that Malaria vaccines are more important...
    By extension the poster's logic is that we should just ensure food security for malarial areas.
    That will solve a large portion of the issue, as well nourished folk don't get as seriously ill.
    Then even without a malaria vaccine we can just treat it as a chronic illness! ;)
    Win/win for big pharma, especially if they are smart enough to own GMO patents :P

It's surprising in the extreme that vaccination against a virulent illness is anathema to them, whilst it's ok to hope for vaccines development to protect against parasitic illness?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

And some people that get measles will be dead.

I'm bowing out. No rhyme or reason will get through to people like this. Vaccines are one of the greatest breakthroughs in medical science for the human race but people like this would have us back in the times where we used leeches for all ailments.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Usual anti-vaxxer muddying the water stuff from Amantine.

"I'm not against vaccines, I just don't think they should be used until we know more about them" schtick.

Essentially he's against vaccines but is afraid to say it straight out.

Usual anti-vaxxer muddying the water stuff from Amantine.

"I'm not against vaccines, I just don't think they should be used until we know more about them" schtick.

Essentially he's against vaccines but is afraid to say it straight out.

If I was afraid to say anything out loud I wouldn't be on here but keep putting words into my mouth. Are you sure you don't work for Merk? You are boosting their profits with every post.

"Merck & Co Inc reported higher-than-expected first-quarter profit on Tuesday on increased demand for vaccines...
    Gardasil, a vaccine for preventing cancers associated with human papillomavirus, powered much of the earnings beat, helped by higher vaccination rates in Europe, while other vaccines, such as the company's measles shot, also helped results."

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1S616K?__twitter_impression=true

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

In other words, vaccine sells and manufacturer makes money.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

If I was afraid to say anything out loud I wouldn't be on here but keep putting words into my mouth. Are you sure you don't work for Merk? You are boosting their profits with every post.

"Merck & Co Inc reported higher-than-expected first-quarter profit on Tuesday on increased demand for vaccines...
    Gardasil, a vaccine for preventing cancers associated with human papillomavirus, powered much of the earnings beat, helped by higher vaccination rates in Europe, while other vaccines, such as the company's measles shot, also helped results."

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1S616K?__twitter_impression=true

Presumably Chemo, insulin, antibiotics, statins, analgesics and beta blockers amongst others also helped their profits? Do we decide what we should or shouldn't use because a pharmaceutical company profits?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement