Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Nice to hear it can be turned off, but I really hope this is not a sign of things to come. In game advertising on character models. I does bang of cash cow, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it more and more going forward.

My understanding is you don't get any fight money if you turn them off, you get the standard amount with them on. I may be wrong there though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I didn't expect this to become reality

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I didn't expect this to become reality

?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Embedded video not working? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJB80Xsj5BY

• Advertisement

Link already works. Just not getting what you're trying to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,799 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm playing some mini games in Red Dead Redemption, and I suck at horse-shoe throwing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Link already works. Just not getting what you're trying to say.

It's a post from 2013 where somebody joked that this would be our future. Robert Ninja is suggesting that the joke wasn't far from reality.

Funny or not, it wasn't that complicated a concept to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Kirby wrote: »
    It's a post from 2013 where somebody joked that this would be our future. Robert Ninja is suggesting that the joke wasn't far from reality.

Funny or not, it wasn't that complicated a concept to get.

To be honest I hadn't a clue what it was about either. Didn't realise the video was from 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Achieved the Platinum trophy for Call of Duty 4: Remastered last night. The campaign is hands-down the best CoD campaign to date. Loved it.

I think it's the only game I have played across two generations (360 and PS4) and achieved 100% both times :cool::pac:

You should pick up Titanfall 2, might change your mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

So Below finally came out...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/250680/BELOW/

Oh, turns out its a Roguelike. I love a good Roguelike like the next gamer, but i was kind of hoping for a more tailored experience with this game.

Ok had to refund it. Game looks very pretty and could be super fun, but the level of zoom is way to far out. The character feels tiny and since most of the game screen is black/dark it kinda strains on the eyes. :(

So Below finally came out...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/250680/BELOW/

Oh, turns out its a Roguelike. I love a good Roguelike like the next gamer, but i was kind of hoping for a more tailored experience with this game.

Ok had to refund it. Game looks very pretty and could be super fun, but the level of zoom is way to far out. The character feels tiny and since most of the game screen is black/dark it kinda strains on the eyes. :(

Was coming to post to ask if anyone had tried it, might as well use the 1 month of gamepass for €1 offer and see. I've Ashen I wanted to try out on there too and some others. It and Below share a similar development cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Below

Ok, gave the game another chance after i was sitting here for 2 hours this morning searching for a game to play with pad on PC and eventually fell back to Below. On second look it doesn't seem like a Roguelike as i died once and the map layout was the very same on respawn, and i could collect stuff from the previous heroes corpse.

Sound design is really great along with the music. Combined with how dark the game is and the need for torches/sources of light it really enhances the feeling of solitude. And again, the cryptic nature of the game with it telling you nothing about nothing adds another layer to the mystery and foreboding.

Enjoying it so far and im glad i gave it another shot

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Dishonoured games don't get enough love. They're amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Dishonoured games don't get enough love. They're amazing.

I really enjoyed the first one, but gave up on the second one after a few hours. Just didn't click with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,799 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I would love a remaster of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for the XB1 and PS4. I had a great time playing it on the XB360.

Where's the best place to get a gaming chair. The ****ty Ikea one is on its way out. Bucket seat adjustable height on arm rests preferable. Have been looking on Amazon, not sure how delivery would fair compared to getting one in a store here. Anyone recommend one also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

my only experience with a gaming chair was it broke in next to no time, got a cheap ikea yoke 5 years ago and it's fine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

gimli2112 wrote: »
    my only experience with a gaming chair was it broke in next to no time, got a cheap ikea yoke 5 years ago and it's fine

What one did you have? What broke exactly?

I've had my dxracer for over 3 years now and its still in perfect shape, mint condition nearly. Best chair ive ever had :pac:

I'd probably only swap it out for one of those high priced smart mesh office chairs, but that wont be happening at their price :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Lidl has one for €70, no idea what it’s like but they all look gimmicky to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I got the Markus office chair from IKEA a few years ago for €150. Highly recommend it but I've never tried any of those actual gaming chairs.

nix wrote: »
    What one did you have? What broke exactly?

I've had my dxracer for over 3 years now and its still in perfect shape, mint condition nearly. Best chair ive ever had :pac:

I'd probably only swap it out for one of those high priced smart mesh office chairs, but that wont be happening at their price :o

Rocker, it was something like this. The top came away from the base. I'm not the archetypal 25 stone gamer honest.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/292767117929

• Registered Users Posts: 11,856 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Reminds me of my first week or so with my chair. The back of the seat had the holes covered up where you entered the screws, I had to take a scissors to them so I could get access and not wear out the front of the base.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Rocker, it was something like this. The top came away from the base. I'm not the archetypal 25 stone gamer honest.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/292767117929

haha to be fair, it looks like it would break and not last long. Is that what people are talking about when they say "gamer" chair? I always thought people were talking about the likes of the DXracers style, which are technically racing chairs, but y'know! :pac:

yah it was a present who;d a thought it would collapse upon me almost fatally
    fkn relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Finished Sunset Overdrive, a complete and utter blast from start to finish, Rockstar should hire all those staff to teach them how to do a proper engaging story mission for GTA VI. Would love to see a sequel.

Moving on to Subnautica now but cant decide if I should save that until I get a VR rig and try to wrap my head around X4: Foundations. Accidentally got sucked into a bit of a Civ 6 campaign today aswell so probably just going to play that over Christmas.

EDIT: Subnautica is free on Epic Games today if you hadnt heard btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Thargor wrote: »
    Finished Sunset Overdrive, a complete and utter blast from start to finish, Rockstar should hire all those staff to teach them how to do a proper engaging story mission for GTA VI. Would love to see a sequel.

WHAT?

I don't remember any bad story missions in GTA V and as far as I remember the story missions weren't that good in Sunset Overdrive. Yes it was a really good
    fun game but I don't remember any stand out things about the missions mind you it is a few years since I played it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looking at the game awards makes me realise just how few games i've actually played this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,969 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kiith wrote: »
    Looking at the game awards makes me realise just how few games i've actually played this year.

It reminds me how many games I don't care about playing came out this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It reminds me how many games I don't care about playing came out this year.

But you hate all games anyway.

Advertisement