Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Couple of days late, but I consider IVs driving to be the best in the series. Actually took skill.
    Given the wildly exaggerated body roll of the cars in GTA IV, I'm not particularly surprised a floating head in a jar would think that...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

gizmo wrote: »
    Given the wildly exaggerated body roll of the cars in GTA IV, I'm not particularly surprised a floating head in a jar would think that...

That's it, you just made my list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Just got around to playing Moto GP 17 on the Xbox Games Pass. Does anybody else find the graphics terrible, particularly in comparison to Forza Motorsport 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kegr16

I'm after buying Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 and 2.5 Remix for the PS4 on sale at Argos. Any thoughts folks? I never got into these when I was younger and I need a break from FF before I take on FFIX.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since playing Life is Strange Before the Storm, I was wondering do people here buy episodic titles as they're released or wait for the whole thing? I go for the whole season at once since it could be a long wait between episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,798 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Since playing Life is Strange Before the Storm, I was wondering do people here buy episodic titles as they're released or wait for the whole thing? I go for the whole season at once since it could be a long wait between episodes.

I wait for the whole thing to be released. I then play it one episode per day. That's how I'm playing Tales from the Borderlands at the moment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,969 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

kegr16 wrote: »
    I'm after buying Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 and 2.5 Remix for the PS4 on sale at Argos. Any thoughts folks? I never got into these when I was younger and I need a break from FF before I take on FFIX.

Not worth playing imo. The first one has charm but the combat is a bit basic. After that it gets very poor with the story vanishing up it's own arse and becoming one of the worst pieces of fiction since twilight. And the combat becomes a case of mashing buttons. You might find some fun in it but I didn't after the first one which hasn't aged too well anyway.

Also 1.5 and 2.5 with the latest compilation are being released together as one release soon so probably should have waited for that release.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I wait for the whole thing to be released. I then play it one episode per day. That's how I'm playing Tales from the Borderlands at the moment.

Best telltale game IMO, loved it. The humor is right up my street.

Best telltale game IMO, loved it. The humor is right up my street.

It's great. I first played it when it was released, and the wait between the first and second episodes was painfully long for me.

Much happier playing it one episode per day now so I get into a nice flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kegr16

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not worth playing imo. The first one has charm but the combat is a bit basic. After that it gets very poor with the story vanishing up it's own arse and becoming one of the worst pieces of fiction since twilight. And the combat becomes a case of mashing buttons. You might find some fun in it but I didn't after the first one which hasn't aged too well anyway.

Also 1.5 and 2.5 with the latest compilation are being released together as one release soon so probably should have waited for that release.

Thanks, I saw that but wasn't willing to stump the cash for all 3 games. Also the price of this combo always seems to go up and down. I waited ages for the price drop. Ah I knew I should have bought Hitman instead!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,969 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You might like it. It's just too basic for me and it's so over the top anime. And I watch anime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pcps4xbox-one-anthem-closed-alpha-dec-8th-9th-signs-ups-close-monday-3124996

There is an Anthem Closed Alpha next Saturday 8th December and Sunday 9th December and will run from 3pm to 6pm abd 8pm to 11pm on both days.

Application closes on Monday.
    The closed beta is available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That's a good thought, are the Asian devs getting as much negative feedback and fanboy outcrys as Western ones do? Like, the hate Sean Murray got (rightly or not), would a dev releasing a game specific for the Asian market get as much negative and downright abusive feedback? I'm probably not wording this right, but imo the Western market are too vocal to the point of harassment and threats. I'd imagine the Asian market is a lot less forgiving/less vocal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

That's a good thought, are the Asian devs getting as much negative feedback and fanboy outcrys as Western ones do? Like, the hate Sean Murray got (rightly or not), would a dev releasing a game specific for the Asian market get as much negative and downright abusive feedback? I'm probably not wording this right, but imo the Western market are too vocal to the point of harassment and threats. I'd imagine the Asian market is a lot less forgiving/less vocal.

They're as bad, we just don't hear about it here.

Was only just reading about the reaction to the ending of Neon Genesis Evangelion. The director/creator was apparently suffering from depression while creating it, found hope in some books, and decided to make a hopeful ending. Cue death threats from fans.

Here's the thread here actually, an interesting read:

https://twitter.com/somebadideas/status/1067322132395450368

Yeah but the ending to that series was pretty ****ty.

Still you have to hand it to the man, he went out and made End of Evangelion to supposedly close out the series and created a giant fuck you to the fanboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Looking at a game on cdkeys. Might purchase, but having an email conversation with support about it.

Could someone or a few people visit this page and tell me how much it reports the games price for?

https://www.cdkeys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=frostpunk

Thanks in advanced!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Looking at a game on cdkeys. Might purchase, but having an email conversation with support about it.

Could someone or a few people visit this page and tell me how much it reports the games price for?

Thanks in advanced!

€14.79 on my end, but when I click on the game it bumps the price to over €17.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Lost Ark seems to be doing well overseas, as expected. Seems they may be sticking to their guns about the Western Market 'not being worth it', which is frustrating. Between Lost Ark, Dragon's Dogma (online) and various other titles -- it's always a case of us filthy Westerners being small fry, or 'console exclusives' keeping EU-PC-Only plebs like me away from appealing titles :mad: And no, I had to stomach VPN shenanigans as part of my previous job - I don't want to have to jump through those same hoops and deal with custom community patches to bypass the walls thrown up by people who clearly don't want money thrown at them.

Im praying so hard they bring Lost Ark for western audience.

Quin69 made a very insightful video about it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Dcully wrote: »
    Im praying so hard they bring Lost Ark for western audience.

Quin69 make a very insightful video about it recently.

Yeah i watched most of that myself the other day, game looks great. But from what ive heard, they are making no effort to bring it across :(

I picked up Far Cry 3 Classic for the PS4. I'm heading back to the Rook Islands again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Thanks in advanced!
    I bought it over the weekend, phenomenal game!

Billy86 wrote: »
    I bought it over the weekend, phenomenal game!

Looks like it might be good alright.

Did you purchase on cdkeys?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Looks like it might be good alright.

Did you purchase on cdkeys?

Don't buy from cdkeys, it's a great game from a small studio. Support them by buying it from an official channel.

Don't buy from cdkeys, it's a great game from a small studio. Support them by buying it from an official channel.

I'm still supporting them if I buy it on cdkeys.

You buy your way I'll buy mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Just finished the Castlevania anime on Netflix and I loved it.
    I've never played a Castlevania game but I'm definitely interested in giving one a shot now.
    What would ye recommend given I've a PS4, Switch & SNES Classic (can mod & add ROMs).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I've never played a Castlevania game but I'm definitely interested in giving one a shot now.
    What would ye recommend given I've a PS4, Switch & SNES Classic (can mod & add ROMs).

Super Castlevania IV is on the snes classic already, the Rondo of Blood/Symphony of The Night double pack are out on PS4 now too.
    No games on the switch but Bloodstained Curse of the Moon is pretty much as close as you could get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Have Hitman 2 and God of War coming for Christmas. Playing Spiderman really reawakened a love for the simple single player game so hoping these two can keep me content in that front.

Keeping a close eye on Anthem for early 2019 too. It's shaping up to be incredible but we all know how much EA likes to step in to a development cycle and mindlessly **** everything up. We shall see :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Finished it last night there, was great. Haven't played Castlevania game since the SNES though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

AC: Odyssey is my game to play over Christmas. Haven't played an AC since Black Flag but Odyssey looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Sell them all, buy a PSX and play SOTN.

I just remembered I've a Vita gathering dust. I could use that to play Symphony of the Night:

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP0101-NPEF00051_00-GCASTLEVAN000001?smcid=psblog%3Aen%3A2for30promotionstartstodayonplaystationstore%3A%3APrey

Advertisement