Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

a run-down Gotham? Isnt it always run-down? :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The imgur links work fine Spear :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

marcbrophy wrote: »
    The imgur links work fine Spear :)

They're actually not though I don't yet see why.

If I follow the link in the post, they return 404.

But if I copy and paste the link separately, e.g. with no referrer header, they work.

Spear wrote: »
    They're actually not though I don't yet see why.

If I follow the link in the post, they return 404.

But if I copy and paste the link separately, e.g. with no referrer header, they work.

I just clicked the links as they appeared in Marston's post and they resolve fine for me.

I'm in work on IE 11, I wonder is it a browser thing? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I just clicked the links as they appeared in Marston's post and they resolve fine for me.

I'm in work on IE 11, I wonder is it a browser thing? :)

It's the same behaviour in Chrome, I'm guessing it's just an Imgur glitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They do not work for me but as @Spear said if I copy the link and paste it they work fine. Windows 10 and Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They do not work for me but as @Spear said if I copy the link and paste it they work fine. Windows 10 and Chrome.

Looks like it's not pasting the https:// before the URL when clicking it, that's the only difference I see between them and they don't load for me either (Chrome or Safari).

Looks like it's not pasting the https:// before the URL when clicking it, that's the only difference I see between them and they don't load for me either (Chrome or Safari).

I tried after you said that it is actually not putting in the .jpg

Spear wrote: »
    It's the same behaviour in Chrome, I'm guessing it's just an Imgur glitch.

Now I'm at home on Firefox on Ubuntu and they don't work!

Never thought I'd be praising IE11 :D

Anyway, I'd have loved a Batman game with a Bat-Bike!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Say WB Montreal for that but we'e not heard anything from Rocksteady, nothing mentioned at E3 past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Varik wrote: »
    Say WB Montreal for that but we'e not heard anything from Rocksteady, nothing mentioned at E3 past.

Rocksteady definitely working on something as they made a point to say it wasn't ready to show at e3. Arkham collection releasing soon with asylum, city and Knight in one game. Maybe they will announce something new at Gamescom and then rake in the cash from the new collection hoping people will want to replay them. I'd be all for a Damian Wayne on Bat Bike game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Really wish they'd included origin in these collections, it's the best story out of the arkham games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,893 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not going to happen. It means WB would actually have to put some work in to fix the game.

No harm, I'm sick of he Arkham games anyway.
    The first one is the only game that holds up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not going to happen. It means WB would actually have to put some work in to fix the game.

I played it about 9-10 months after it came out and I didn't have any issues with bugs in it - it seemed pretty decently patched to my eyes at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Subnautica is a little gem isn't it.

Not a fan of most survival and crafting games but Subnautica has the right amount of narrative hook to keep it interesting.
    I honestly think it's one of the best games of all time, it's just stunning in places, especially when you start figuring out how to get down really deep for the story missions. I tidied up my base, released all my pets and specimens and parked all my vehicles before I did the last bit, I was getting emotional! :o

It's killing me staying away from the Below Zero alpha but I'm going to let it mature properly before I dive in.

Can't wait to do a replay when I get a proper VR setup aswell. Amazing game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Subnautica doesn't have PSVR support right?

Subnautica doesn't have PSVR support right?

I googled, and no. And probably won't, not until the PS5/PSVR2 I'd imagine. There's a blog from them on their site where they basically say they're having trouble with it running properly in 2D and they don't think the PS4 has enough power to do it properly in PSVR.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Late to the party, but I started Outer Wilds at the weekend. It's brilliant

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,179 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Currently playing Eastshade a bit, in which you play a painter who winds up on an island with the goal of painting four particular spots in tribute to your mother.

There’s plenty of rough edges that are somewhat inevitable given the modest size of the production, but I’m generally really enjoying it. How I’d describe it is basically a small, Skyrim-like open world with all the boring combat and RPG crap removed :pac: You wander about solving side quests, painting commissions, and trying to get to the hard-to-reach spots needed for the four main paintings you need to get. There’s a basic crafting system, and a nice day and night structure that does have some simple but cool gameplay consequences. There are really neat discoveries to be found, and overall it’s plenty of fun to see the world gradually open up as you explore - especially when you finally earn enough to buy the bike ;) Do wish the painting system was a tad more robust given it’s the central conceit - as is, it’s effectively an in-game screenshot tool.

It reminds me of Ghost of a Tale, which similarly had a small but dense open world you’re constantly backtracking across. While both games are imperfect, I much prefer their compact open worlds you actually get to know well over the sprawling, miles-wide blockbusters we typically associate with ‘openness’.

Speaking of impressive, compact open worlds (or galaxies)...
    Late to the party, but I started Outer Wilds at the weekend. It's brilliant

Make sure to bump the thread with any thoughts, worth evangelising about it at every opportunity ;)https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?p=110313456

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

8 years on and Skyrim modding is still going strong: honestly I never thought Skywind - a total conversion of Morrowind into the Skyrim engine - would ever get close to a point where it could be properly demoed (at Gamescom), but here we are:

I'm currently playing Borderlands 2 on Xbox and chose a Siren this time. Loaded up Borderlands 2 on my PC just to see what stuff I have and I am jealous I have a massive capacity shield and massive health regen. Maybe I got them from the fight for Sanctuary I'm not sure. I only played the fight for Sanctuary when it was released so not that long ago so I should have remembered what stuff I had. I am a sniper on PC zer0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

That Eir ad with the rugby tools playing on the same tv screen. Discuss.

That Eir ad with the rugby tools playing on the same tv screen. Discuss.

They got a bunch of rugby 'celebrities' to pretend to play, sounds like a sports game (maybe even Rugby) so it's blatantly obvious they've no idea what they're doing, especially the smaller lad, hopping off the shoulder buttons like he's a virgin at fighting games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

They got a bunch of rugby 'celebrities' to pretend to play, sounds like a sports game (maybe even Rugby) so it's blatantly obvious they've no idea what they're doing, especially the smaller lad, hopping off the shoulder buttons like he's a virgin at fighting games.

I've always presumed that it was something like Fornite as Leinster D'arcy is beaten by the Eimearnator. But he wants to beat the level.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

But there's no Wilhelm scream in Fortnite, is there? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

e36f8e5897d8485145fb69c7bc0a8cd8.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Like pixels? Like physics? Well how about a game where every pixel is simulated! This has been in dev. for a while & initially had looked more tech. demo than possessing any kind of robust gameplay loop; seems to have come together into more of a game now:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,179 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Annapurna Interactive have been on a roll recently (Outer Wilds, Telling Lies and hopefully Sayonara Wild Hearts very soon!), so great to see them pick up Irish title If Found... Looks very striking so looking forward to playing it!

https://twitter.com/a_i/status/1167104625733984256?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ubisoft pronunciation? U-bee-soft or Oo-bee-soft?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ubisoft pronunciation? U-bee-soft or Oo-bee-soft?
    the latter, i think

Advertisement