Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread 2017*** (R1 points in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

How long do you have to accept your offer before round 2 is announced?

Accept by 28th 17.15, Round 2 come sout 31st 6.00
    http://www.cao.ie/?page=offerdates

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

dorado99 wrote: »
    Why are the newspaper companies given that info early anyway?
    Because that's the only way they get into that day's papers?

Originally, that was how everyone got their offers: checked the papers.

Then came CAO Online ... *drumroll*

Why are the newspaper companies given that info early anyway?

So they have time to print it and have it in the news Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Guess I wasted a euro so. :P
    Might force me to read some newspaper articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

If I accept my second/third choice in round 1 can I still accept my first choice (if I get it) in round 2?

• Advertisement

hasdanta wrote: »
    If I accept my second/third choice in round 1 can I still accept my first choice (if I get it) in round 2?
    PLEASE READ!!! :p

(Yes! :p)

hasdanta wrote: »

Yeah. You can accept one course in each round, so if you move up in your order of preference, you can accept it in R2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Consonata

What time will the Papers have them do ya'll think

• Registered Users Posts: 39 InTheNight

Consonata wrote: »
    What time will the Papers have them do ya'll think

Went up online last year at 2.20AM.

I plan on getting the Independent early so I'll post here when it goes up and I'll check yer points for ye. :)

InTheNight wrote: »

I plan on getting the Independent early so I'll post here when it goes up and I'll check yer points for ye. :)

Please post pictures if you can! (And the points for Veterinary as soon as you can please :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭EmzBoBo

Best of luck to everyone waiting on results tonight/tomorrow morning!
    Speaking as someone who didn't get their 1st choice a few years back, I'm going to mention something that was said to me when I was devastated over not getting my first choice...
    If you don't get your first choice (and even if you do), you are EXACTLY where you are supposed be. There will be a reason that you end up in the course that you do - whether it's to take a module that your other course didn't have, to send you down a career path that you might never have considered, or to meet a particular group of people that you might never have been friends with otherwise. There is a reason that you will end up there, and even if you decide to reapply for your first choice the following year (like I did, successfully!), it just means that you'll have had a year to grow and think about what direction you want to take with your future... if it's for you it won't go by you!

daraghwal wrote: »
    Please post pictures if you can! (And the points for Veterinary as soon as you can please :P)

My internet will be way too slow for posting pictures but I'll see what I can do. And I'll post veterinary points for definite.

Can you please check medicine in UCC and Galway?

I'll try and remember. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dorado99

I'll try and remember. ;)

Please check nanoscience in trinity too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dangerzone123

As someone who got offered their 7th (yes 7th choice) a few years ago, I can only imagine how some of you guys are feeling. Regardless of what the morning brings, you'll find your dream job somewhere - I graduated from TCD this year after eventually getting into the course I really wanted to do so hey miracles can happen, regardless of what your offer says. There's so many options out there, the leaving cert wont define what you can and can't do, even it seems like that right now!

12GODOTjp-master1050.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Hulgerx10

Law at Trinity please you absolute king

Hulgerx10 wrote: »
    Law at Trinity please you absolute king
    Please check nanoscience in trinity too.
    Noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

Noted.

Commerce International UCD please too if you can.

EireLemon wrote: »
    Commerce International UCD please too if you can.

No problem.

Hopefully, if someone else beats me to the paper they'll check all these too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Hulgerx10

No problem.

Hopefully, if someone else beats me to the paper they'll check all these too.

The hero we deserve, and the one we need right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭reason vs religion

The Irish Times "epaper" is supposed to be downloadable from 3 am for €3.50. I dunno if they delay it on this particular day, or if there's something else that means you can't view the offers, but some of you still awake at that time might like to give it a try!

The Irish Times "epaper" is supposed to be downloadable from 3 am for €3.50. I dunno if they delay it on this particular day, or if there's something else that means you can't view the offers, but some of you still awake at that time might like to give it a try!

If the independent isn't up by then i'll give it a look.

I'm subscribed to the times & will definitely be awake so I'll check at 3am. People were saying the supplement is withheld though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Aoifewhut

If anyone gets a chance later can they please look up the points for World Languages in UCC please and thanks??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

I downloaded the app and weekday editions are €2.69 (the print edition is €2!)
    Liordi wrote: »
    I'm subscribed to the times & will definitely be awake so I'll check at 3am. People were saying the supplement is withheld though.

It has to be in the print editions though surely. I remember they were delivered at Dublin Airport when I was there before between 4 and 5 am so it should be possible to see the points earlier than 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭aon1998

If it is withheld I want my money back :D

It will be in the print editions AND the online edition as a supplement, with the supplement being withheld until 6 a.m. ... or at least it was until last year, when 1 paper released the e-supplement early (possibly unintentionally).

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

12GODOTjp-master1050.jpg

I've seen this somewhere before. Isn't this some off the wall play about 2 lads waiting for someone who never shows up or something to that effect? I think the playwright was Irish...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

It will be in the print editions AND the online edition as a supplement, with the supplement being withheld until 6 a.m. ... or at least it was until last year, when 1 paper released the e-supplement early (possibly unintentionally).

There's not really any way to withhold the print supplement though is there? I suppose not many people will be going to a shop at 4 am though.

Advertisement