Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread 2017*** (R1 points in first post)

Options
  • 20-08-2017 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Can't wait!! Last years got the points at 2 am so here's hoping for an early release.

This year's R1 points:

*click*

*******************************************************************************************************

WORD OF WARNING:

Anyone trolling, claiming to have inside information for real, to have got the paper early, etc. etc. without being able to back up their claims will be banned.

In fact, we've asked for sitebans in the past for serious cases of malicious scaremongering, and the Admins have been more than happy to implement them.

No-one needs that crap, thanks.

R.

ALSO: READ THIS!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dorado99

63 points off my course, hoping for a HEAR miracle here.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

WEW

So who's doing the night trek to a filling station to get the early papers?

What time are papers being distributed? Sure shouldn't be that difficult to get a copy early.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Can someone clarify my situation for me - I am currently 11 points off of UCD Science. From my understanding, the new points for the 2017 courses are out tonight and we will be made an offer tomorrow morning. If the points released tonight for UCD Science are 499 (like my points), will I receive an offer tomorrow morning OR during the second round?

Also, do we get a text for our offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

hasdanta wrote: »
    Can someone clarify my situation for me - I am currently 11 points off of UCD Science. From my understanding, the new points for the 2017 courses are out tonight and we will be made an offer tomorrow morning. If the points released tonight for UCD Science are 499 (like my points), will I receive an offer tomorrow morning OR during the second round?

If you got 499 and the points are 499 in the first round, you'll get an offer.

I was reading last years thread and some people said they didn't get a text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭matthew1998

Hoping to get Computer Science in NUIG and maybe sneak Engineering in NUIG in round 2 if i pass their maths exam. Either or im fairly happy. I have to get the 6AM bus from sligo to galway tomorrow (for mathscamp ) so its goodnight from me ! all the bestguys

EDIT: Got 446 Points so just one point over 1st choice. About 20 points over ComSci :) so hopefully ill get one of them
    Got H5 , but need h4 for engineering , so hoping for it in round 2

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭siebey123

hasdanta wrote: »

Hey there, I went through the whole process last year and we received a text, an email and also an offer on the official CAO site. We also received letters in the post a few days after, if we accepted our offer.

If you received 499 in points and the course points is also 499 you should receive an offer in the first round, which would be tomorrow morning. I'm pretty sure of that but I might be incorrect xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Hulgerx10

Put on your game face lads. Who's going to be the hero this year with the paper?

Hulgerx10 wrote: »
    Put on your game face lads. Who's going to be the hero this year with the paper?

I nominate you!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Quick question. If one is subscribed to the Irish Times, what time do you get the e version of the paper?

• Advertisement

dorado99 wrote: »
    I nominate you!

I'm scared of the dark :(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭aon1998

Quick question. If one is subscribed to the Irish Times, what time do you get the e version of the paper?

3am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

35 points short of my first choice, hoping for a miracle, Nana's been lighting candles all week😂

padraigmck wrote: »
    35 points short of my first choice, hoping for a miracle, Nana's been lighting candles all week��

A lot of us here are hoping for miracles :p

Are people going to wake up at 6am or spend a few more seconds (at least thats what it seems) sleeping ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

€1 to subscribe to Irish times for the first time. Gonna give it a go and pray I get the points at 3.

Are people going to wake up at 6am or spend a few more seconds (at least thats what it seems) sleeping ?

There's a 0% chance that I could fall asleep with everything hanging in the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

About 13 points off my first choice. Not a chance I'll be sleeping tonight when my future is on the ropes. Best of luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

We'll finally be completely detached from the Leaving Cert in 8 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭derb12

I got a text from the Irish times saying they're having technical difficulties with the website, so maybe have a backup plan for checking points tomorrow! Best of luck to all!

• Advertisement

For how long does cao normally crash at 6 a.m.?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

For how long does cao normally crash at 6 a.m.?
    It hasn't really crashed the last couple of years, but it can get hella slow for first few minutes.

Too many nervous fingers clicking Refresh at a rate of 60 per minute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

Liordi wrote:
    €1 to subscribe to Irish times for the first time. Gonna give it a go and pray I get the points at 3.

There's no point. Unless it's changed in the last 2 years there's an embargo on the online results till 6 am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭user53

OMGeary wrote: »
    There's no point. Unless it's changed in the last 2 years there's an embargo on the online results till 6 am

They were earlier last year, although I think it was the independent that published them not IT.

Last year was the first year they appeared early online in (yes, I think) the Indo, and I'm not sure they were supposed to tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Last year was the first year they appeared early online in (yes, I think) the Indo, and I'm not sure they were supposed to tbh.

It was the Indo, no they definitely weren't supposed to and about 20 mins later I'm fairly sure someone obtained a paper copy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

How long do you have to accept your offer before round 2 is announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

To everyone here sweating over points for their first choice whatever. Its not the end of the world if you dont get you preferred choice. There are other ways to get there. My daughter last year was over 100 points shy of what she really wants to do. Did a PLC course got the requirments (4 Distinctions in certain modules) she received and accepted the offer for the same course 2 weeks ago.

Why are the newspaper companies given that info early anyway?

• Advertisement

Advertisement