Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin One Religious Colonisation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Selling pizza and selling god are two very different things.

Not necessarily, I recently heard a young priest give a sermon on how life can indeed resemble a pizza.

Your home and loving family is the flat round base of dough.
    The flavoursome toppings are all the good things in life which our Lord Jesus Christ provides.
    The anchovies represent the blessed sacraments, the cheese is the word of God and the small bits of rancid sausage meat (I hate those bits) are evil incarnate.

Why not choose your very own toppings and what they represent to you.
    Remember, life really is like a pizza, you can't remember ordering it, suddenly it's there, and then it's gone...or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Jaysis you are always on an anger crusade of some sort.

Sort yerself out OP.
    Is this really the worst thing you can complain/ crusade/ claim victimhood about?
    Looks like you are a lone voice call in the wilderness.

I suggest you build a bridge ....you do get where I'm going, don't you?:)
    Have you ever considered mindfulness, OP? It's a non-religious, but deeply spiritual practice that can be used for dealing with difficult emotions such as anger and intolerance.
    Noone said a word about your mental health.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Not necessarily, I recently heard a young priest give a sermon on how life can indeed resemble a pizza.

Your home and loving family is the flat round base of dough.
    The flavoursome toppings are all the good things in life which our Lord Jesus Christ provides.
    The anchovies represent the blessed sacraments, the cheese is the word of God and the small bits of rancid sausage meat (I hate those bits) are evil incarnate.

Why not choose your very own toppings and what they represent to you.
    Remember, life really is like a pizza, you can't remember ordering it, suddenly it's there, and then it's gone...or something.

Yeah, and instead of 'sauce covered in meat', you get 'a bomb under your seat'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

:rolleyes:
    The second and third one make no reference to your mental health, and it's very debatable that the first one does.

Pick your battles - I don't like organised religion either so I just ignore them. Over focusing on them/looking to be angered is not good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,336 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well "stepping out of the thread" proved as meaningless as the rest of the OP's posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

Samaris wrote: »
    Sure, they vaguely annoy me...... .

...............Don't see what this has to do with homosexuality, I get a whiff of a red herring here.

Nope, that's anchovies.
    Who ever heard of 'Red Herrings' on a pizza, that's like trying to put Mohammed in the good book (The Holy Bible).
    Get a grip!

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well "stepping out of the thread" proved as meaningless as the rest of the OP's posts.

I'm not sorry that my politeness in responding to people is irksome to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

You are not acting in a polite manner but seem to be deliberately reading what you want into other people's posts to accuse them of acting against you in some manner which they are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Every year before during and after pride people complain about 'gays pushing it in our faces'. My point is, I don't know if you read the thread, that this happens once a year and the Gay Community are condemned for it.

And those people complaining and condemning are talking absolute bollox, as you are now.

I cannot control how you interpret my words no more than you can control how I interpret your words.

• Advertisement

I cannot control how you interpret my words no more than you can control how I interpret your words.

WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY MOTHER????

WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY MOTHER????

I stand by points I made on the thread:
    I find it interesting that it's concentrated in this area.

Would it be tolerated on Grafton Street?
    Also, as a gay man I have to listen to a berating once a year for the pride celebration and commemoration but the Holy Mary's can take over town any day they want.
    They will tap you for money for anti-abortion/anti-gay rights campaigns.
    I think in 2017 we should be moving away from religion.

Religion is a tool of oppression, historically use to control the poor and the ignorant.
    Regular Irish people fought to move away from the Church in the 80/90's with the scandals that were revealed.
    People should be strong enough.

As a gay man I don't understand weakness.
    Religion is a choice.

Sexuality is not.
    Being gay is a gift
    Today there were 4 or 5 distinct groups on Henry Street from Debenhams up to GPO.

Seemed excessive. Should they not be restricted like buskers?
    I believe in the right to protest in a democracy.
    They are basically street 'entertainers' and should be restricted like buskers.

I welcomed the restrictions on street performers in the last couple of years.

I don't see why these are exempt is all, I'd like to see them restricted.

They are just getting a footing now before the 8th Amendment Referendum
    And I don't think this (Mega Churches) is something to be welcomed.

Many will disagree.

I felt Ireland grew up and moved away from organised religion.

I feel this is a step backwards, many will disagree.

St Patrick's is one parade on one day.

Pride is one parade on one day.

Religious street preaching is becoming a weekly and even daily occurrence.

Our City has laws which they seem to be exempt from or ignore.
    I've seen one Northern Irish lad on a plinth at Henry Street.

The Jehovahs are mainly South American and European.

My point is Street Preaching should be restricted like any other 'Street Performer'.

The Irish for the most part rejected organised religion in the last 20 years and I find it sad to see these new religions take a hold here.

I don't want to hear 'Jesus saves me' walking down the street.

I hate organised religion, I agree that religious people have freedoms under the constitution but organisations/businesses should not.

And Religious Organisations like Iona should not be tax exempt.

Selling pizza and selling god are two very different things.
    Every year before during and after pride people complain about 'gays pushing it in our faces'. My point is, I don't know if you read the thread, that this happens once a year and the Gay Community are condemned for it.

Why is it acceptable for Street Preachers every day?
    It's funny that my mental health has been called into question numerous times on this thread but the people who live their lives by a ghost in the sky are perfectly sane. :confused:

200w.gif

I stand by points I made on the thread:

YOU SHALL NOT PASS

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

To be fair, if there's one thing that would turn people off religion it's the overtly religious.

Only an idiot would walk along O'Connell st and decide to convert.

Grayson wrote: »
    To be fair, if there's one thing that would turn people off religion it's the overtly religious.

Only an idiot would walk along O'Connell st and decide to convert.

I tried to make a point about the choice of this location.

Vulnerable people make bad choices, whether from financial issues or lack of education.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Why is it acceptable for Street Preachers every day?

Look any day in the press or any hour ( slight exaggeration) on boards and you'll seek anyone who disagrees with homosexuality being abused....what's your point?
    You started off with saying the reason 1916/21 occured was to free us from organised religion

• Registered Users Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Not really, most religious people tend to be fairly harmless.

Unless they've access to a van and a crowded street...

Look any day in the press or any hour ( slight exaggeration) on boards and you'll seek anyone who disagrees with homosexuality being abused....what's your point?
    You started off with saying the reason 1916/21 occured was to free us from organised religion

I'm only answering to be polite I don't want this to become a thread about acceptance of LGBTQ+

Sexuality isn't a choice no more than skin colour. It is frowned upon to support the KKK, why is religion that opposes LGBTQ+ sexuality allowed?

Religion isn't freedom, and while the rebels were God fearing, I was using the example as symbolic of the Irish fight for freedom, freedom from outside interference.

Street Preaching is imported.

• Advertisement

I'm only answering to be polite I don't want this to become a thread about acceptance of LGBTQ+

Sexuality isn't a choice no more than skin colour. It is frowned upon to support the KKK, why is religion that opposes LGBTQ+ sexuality allowed?

Religion isn't freedom, and while the rebels were God fearing, I was using the example as symbolic of the Irish fight for freedom, freedom from outside interference.

Street Preaching is imported.
    If you dont want this thread to be about Alphabet acceptance why have you repeatedly called people homophobes and boasted your own sexuality.

I really think the OP has derailed his own thread and we are now far removed from the original topic.

If you dont want this thread to be about Alphabet acceptance
    why have you repeatedly called people homophobes and boasted your own sexuality.

'Alphabet acceptance' is very dismissive

'Repeatedly called people homophobes', what people?

'Boasted your own sexuality', I am very proud of my community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I really think the OP has derailed his own thread and we are now far removed from the original topic.

Who would have thought that'd happen.

No I have responded to people. Am I not allowed to do that?

No I have responded to people. Am I not allowed to do that?

I thought you were politely leaving?

Am I not allowed to respond to posts directed at me? :confused:

He has to keep up his.....ramblings.

Am I not allowed to respond to posts directed at me? :confused:

So your staying then.

No one is stopping you from posting. Off you go so, run free and post away.

• Advertisement

So your staying then.

No one is stopping you from posting. Off you go so, run free and post away.

So helpful and obliging. Thanks Gurl. . Snaps ** :P

Advertisement