Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

appeal on CrimeCall, Rte 1, now

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

appeal on CrimeCall, Rte 1, now

Nothing new really. Was that old footage of RS making the appeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Fiolina wrote: »
    Nothing new really. Was that old footage of RS making the appeal?

Yeah fairly sure it's old footage. Glad she hasn't been forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Fiolina wrote: »
    It's such a strange case. No leads whatsoever.

Isn't it? Very peculiar indeed.

As her Aunt said, she would've had to drag two suitcases down a busy area where she was well known, but didn't. Or, she would've needed a taxi from the very few who serve the area, but the drivers have no recollection of carrying her. Or she would had to have taken a bus out of town, but there was no sight of her on CCTV before, during, or after a bus journey.

Twitter has all sorts of strange and what, at this stage of the investigation, must be unlikely and outlandish theories!

Very irresponsible altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Update, with no real developments, but important to keep Tina in the public mind.

Sub required to read full article.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/baffled-gardai-believe-missing-tina-satchwell-never-left-the-country-39928079.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Lot of apologies due to the husband from folks here. Over eager beaver armchair detectives who were certain he was responsible and it would come out in short order.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Lot of apologies due to the husband from folks here. Over eager beaver armchair detectives who were certain he was responsible and it would come out in short order.

And no sign of the lady in question. I hope she is found ...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Is he ruled out or sumthin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Why,what, Huh have we missed something???

Not really. His bizarre behaviour was always going to attract adverse comment. Granted, people sometimes deal with grief in bizarre ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The first paragraph says:

"Gardaí believe missing woman Tina Satchwell never left Ireland and that the key to solving the mystery over her disappearance lies in the east Cork community where she lived."

Finger firmly pointed in one direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

This is a really strange one. Especially with cctv everywhere, mobile phones etc and just nothing. Surely god forbid if she jumped into the sea someone would have seen some of her pre movements? In small country towns like Youghal people don’t miss a trick usually

The first paragraph says:

"Gardaí believe missing woman Tina Satchwell never left Ireland and that the key to solving the mystery over her disappearance lies in the east Cork community where she lived."

Finger firmly pointed in one direction.

That would lead me to think the Gardai might know something...but can’t or won’t say due to lack of evidence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

I don't have a subscription to read the article but came across a podcast last night that discussed the case, it's an American podcast called Down a rabbit hole, it can be found by searching Tina Satchwell on Spotify. nothing really new in it it's just interesting to hear opinions from outside Ireland, the thing about the suitcases is bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭corks finest

julyjane wrote: »
    I don't have a subscription to read the article but came across a podcast last night that discussed the case, it's an American podcast called Down a rabbit hole, it can be found by searching Tina Satchwell on Spotify. nothing really new in it it's just interesting to hear opinions from outside Ireland, the thing about the suitcases is bizarre.
    Thanks for the information

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Remains found in outskirts of Middleton this evening.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2021/0105/1187889-cork-remains/

Wonder if related to Tina, it does mention they could be "historic" but also "suspicious".

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Wonder if related to Tina, it does mention they could be "historic" but also "suspicious".

Tina was first name I taught of when I read headline. Didn’t the husband say he traveled somewhere to get shopping the day she went missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Tina was first name I taught of when I read headline. Didn’t the husband say he traveled somewhere to get shopping the day she went missing?

Rte said male body.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Male.

And when it is stated "historic", it would suggest 30+ years.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,319 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

He said he went to Dungarvan to go to Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

He said he went to Dungarvan to go to Aldi.

And a Lidl/Tesco across the road

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

And a Lidl/Tesco across the road

I don't believe a word out of his mouth. It appears that the Gardai now think likewise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    I don't believe a word out of his mouth. It appears that the Gardai now think likewise.

I seen Richard in Cork City Centre last year doing deliveries from his truck, no one bothered him and vice versa. Innocent until proven guilty etc. I know people are convinced but even the Gardai don’t have enough on him for now

I seem Richard in Cork Curt Centre last year doing deliveries from his truck, no one bothered him and vice versa. Innocent until proven guilty etc. I know people are convinced but even the Gardai don’t have enough on him for now

I dunno. He’s certainly no Joe Reilly to my mind- and even he was caught out in the end. The husband seems hyper emotional to me, if it was him I’d imagine he’d have been caught out yonks ago. Presume his story about going to Dungarvan etc tallied

• Registered Users Posts: 30,319 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

road_high wrote: »
    I dunno. He’s certainly no Joe Reilly to my mind- and even he was caught out in the end. The husband seems hyper emotional to me, if it was him I’d imagine he’d have been caught out yonks ago. Presume his story about going to Dungarvan etc tallied

The only thing I’d say about Richard would be he’s spent time in prison and he may be tougher than he’d be letting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

In prison for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Oops! wrote: »
    In prison for what?

I think it was social welfare fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

julyjane wrote: »

Had to turn it off after less than 10 seconds.

It's like they held a competition to find 2 of the most shrill, nasal-fried, head-wrecking voices in America and hired the 2 girls that won.

Nails on chalkboard stuff.

I seem Richard in Cork Curt Centre last year doing deliveries from his truck, no one bothered him and vice versa. Innocent until proven guilty etc. I know people are convinced but even the Gardai don’t have enough on him for now

Lol, I'd hardly expect people to be going up to him and haranguing him. In any case, it means nothing one way or the other whether they are or aren't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭corks finest

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Lol, I'd hardly expect people to be going up to him and haranguing him. In any case, it means nothing one way or the other whether they are or aren't.

Innocent until proven otherwise

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement