Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Also searching golf links road.
    Cameras like TV ones recording it as well.
    Feeling this is coming to a head.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

fepper wrote: »
    Searching waters around youghal today

Heard it on the regional news earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Keep this thread strictly about the search only. Link added to op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It's on the rte news

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Further searches are under way at the Golf Links Road by members of the Divisional Search Team and Garda Dog Unit.

A section of the road has been closed off as part of the operation.

The coastguard, Irish Search Dogs and the army are also involved in the multi-agency search.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

You'd wonder why they waited five months to start this?

There are reports on another local forum that himself is missing for a while now too but the Guards don't seem to be overly concerned.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

You'd wonder why they waited five months to start this?

There are reports on another local forum that himself is missing for a while now too but the Guards don't seem to be overly concerned.

Were they given her extra time to Take time out for a while' but felt 5 months is more than enough,could the cases found actually have her dna on them that prompted this sudden search

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

could the cases found actually have her dna on them that prompted this sudden search

Doubt it ,

It likely more of a case of a fishing expedition to see if anything actually turns up ,
    If they were her cases found they would have had DNA no them ,
    Be different if they found blood on them

Gatling wrote: »
    Doubt it ,

It likely more of a case of a fishing expedition to see if anything actually turns up ,
    If they were her cases found they would have had DNA no them ,
    Be different if they found blood on them
    I know the dna would be hers anyway if they were her cases but how the cases came to be there and he finding them,that would be too coincidental

Maybe they are looking for him?

Its Tina the news reports say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Its Tina the news reports say

Did they look there for her before you would think they would have looked there before around when she first went missing not 5 months later.maybe im wrong

That didn't last long

Not looking good at all for the person who produced this suitcase "evidence":

An Garda rule out link between suitcases and missing woman

Prime Time tonight is broadcasting an investigation into her disappearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Saw that story this morning. I’m almost sure I heard the husband say those suitcases were definitely Tina’s in one of the radio interviews he did. Wtf like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Odelay

Saw that story this morning. I’m almost sure I heard the husband say those suitcases were definitely Tina’s in one of the radio interviews he did. Wtf like

You're almost sure???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Yes. Almost sure.

Just heard a radio promo for prime time tonight which will have a special report on the disappearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I thought he said after his last interview with Paul Byrne of TV3 that he wasn't giving anymore media interviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Prime Time on RTE now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

€26k in the house,what???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

€26k in the house,what???

As you do sure.

The Gardai doing work in the clips. Well done lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Well done lads,highlight the lack of cctv in the area,while panning a slow shot of the credit union,shutters down boys!!!!!

Well done lads,highlight the lack of cctv in the area,while panning a slow shot of the credit union,shutters down boys!!!!!

I shouldn't laugh but the gard saying "we missed her" on the cctv. I mean that's obvious lads. If you'd have seen this woman on cctv you'd have been able to have worked out where she is.

I wonder is there enough CCTV to confirm that there’s no way she walked out of her house and out of town? I.e if there’s CCTV at key exit points around the town and no sighting of her, that’s certainly “odd” in itself.

Is it possible to walk that town without being picked up on CCTV at least once?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

€26,000 in the house but lived like a pauper dust and shyte everywhere.

If he didn't do it what?. I mean surely Garda would have arrested him by now?.
    Dodgy looking or not
    Innocent till proven guilty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I just watched the prime time thing, he looked and sounded guilty as sin, couldn't look the interviewer in the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

valoren wrote: »
    She said to someone at a car boot sale that she loved him and would never do anything to hurt him according to him.

Has this been verified? Has anyone acknowledged that this was actually said to them?

The Garda on the show said they had spoken to a number of people who met them at the car boot sale and that "nothing seemed untoward" or similar

He didn't specifically mention the quote

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

• Advertisement

JMNolan wrote: »
    Yup, could be any of them. I don't know if most people think he did it, I know I have my doubts.

I don't think his media statements and interviews really help either himself or the investigation.
    Saying things like we were experiencing difficulties but I can't talk about that or that I had long conversations with Tina and she used to get upset in the months before her disappearance or the reasons he gave for not reporting his wife missing - weather true or otherwise, are at the very least, confusing - it would have been better that he said nothing, and just asked the public for their cooperation in finding his wife.

A little information leads the public to a lot of speculation and I think that's what's happening here- we don't need to know at lot of what Richard has said- it's better that he just tells the guards everything he knows and let them do their job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement