Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Boggles wrote: »
    I don't think we are too far apart TBH.

But lets say she is dead.

Suicide - IN MY OPINION likely
    accident - IN MY OPINION no
    natural death - IN MY OPINION no
    Murder - IN MY OPINION maybe.

Fixed your post for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,860 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Fixed your post for you.

Cheers, less use of the Caps though. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Suicide - likely
    accident - no
    natural death - no
    Murder - maybe.

One burning question I would have though. Murder is such a relatively rare crime and a murder in these dynamics would be even rarer.

What was the motive?

Money!

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Money!

Potentially yes, IMHO.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Suicide - likely
    accident - no
    natural death - no
    Murder - maybe.

One burning question I would have though. Murder is such a relatively rare crime and a murder in these dynamics would be even rarer.

What was the motive?

Who packs and brings two large suitcases with them to their suicide?

If we are to believe such suitcases ever existed.

• Advertisement

Who packs and brings two large suitcases with them to their suicide?

People with severe depression to the point of taking their own lives can do extremely "irrational" things, maybe it didn't start out as an intent to kill oneself but got there eventually.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

People with severe depression to the point of taking their own lives can do extremely "irrational" things, maybe it didn't start out as an intent to kill oneself but got there eventually.

Well in this particular case I don't for a moment believe that happened. There is nothing to point to her being suicidal. Suicidal people rarely pack two suitcases to bring with them to their suicide, particularly if there was no previous evidence of her doing something irrational like this. And if she did bring two suitcases, someone must have helped her, drove her somewhere, and no taxi driver has come forward to say that. So then it might have been a stranger, but no evidence found for who this stranger was either.

So it takes a significant suspension of belief to consider suicide an option. And it takes a significant suspension of belief to believe Richard as well. His stories are just too fanciful and contradictory.

Well in this particular case I don't for a moment believe that happened. There is nothing to point to her being suicidal. Suicidal people rarely pack two suitcases to bring with them to their suicide, particularly if there was no previous evidence of her doing something irrational like this. And if she did bring two suitcases, someone must have helped her, drove her somewhere, and no taxi driver has come forward to say that. So then it might have been a stranger, but no evidence found for who this stranger was either.

So it takes a significant suspension of belief to consider suicide an option. And it takes a significant suspension of belief to believe Richard as well. His stories are just too fanciful and contradictory.

She was robbed and murdered for her money....the murderer for some reason hasn’t come forward!

And it takes a significant suspension of belief to believe Richard as well. His stories are just too fanciful and contradictory.

I would also suggest Richard is not telling the whole truth to the media, or at the very least keeping significant information out of the media.

That’s what makes this case so bizarre. All of the information is coming from Richard and so is completely unverifiable. We have no idea if the suitcases or cash ever existed. They were basically two hermits so there doesn’t seem to be anyone able to clarify the important details. We have no idea if he’s spinning yarns or telling the truth. It’s all so strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Mod-Unsubstantiated idle gossip removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I've heard since (again ! Had been told same before by different folks) that to the locals it's obvious she ran away with someone, that she had a reputation in Youghal for fleeting around...
    If she ran away and left Richard to be the prime suspect in her "disappearance", she is a despicable individual. Having said that, local gossip counts for diddly squat. If I remember correctly, the Guards spent a lot of time and money digging up a wood.

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in local gossip now. At the time of her disappearance, I know you were living fairly locally and there were no such rumours. This smacks of people making up a narrative because of Chinese whispers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    If she ran away and left Richard to be the prime suspect in her "disappearance", she is a despicable individual. Having said that, local gossip counts for diddly squat. If I remember correctly, the Guards spent a lot of time and money digging up a wood.

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in local gossip now. At the time of her disappearance, I know you were living fairly locally and there were no such rumours. This smacks of people making up a narrative because of Chinese whispers.

Yeah, typical rural gossip, based on nothing but bored people in the local shop starting a rumour. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Paddy Cow wrote: »

As mentioned in my post it was talked about then too.
    Not that I particularly believe that, but it is the local narrative.
    The above speculation about suicide is based on even less solid evidence. Funny how one item gets discussed as a "theory" while the other is dismissed as gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

As mentioned in my post it was talked about then too.
    Not that I particularly believe that, but it is the local narrative.
    The above speculation about suicide is based on even less solid evidence. Funny how one item gets discussed as a "theory" while the other is dismissed as gossip.

I live locally and the only narrative I've heard since she disappeared was that he killed her.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    I live locally and the only narrative I've heard since she disappeared was that he killed her.

Same here, I work locally and the only things I've heard are that she went nowhere without her dogs and he's an oddball.

BBFAN wrote: »
    Same here, I work locally and the only things I've heard are that she went nowhere without her dogs and he's an oddball.

For gods sake she wasn’t going to go go traipsing round the country with three dogs hanging off her!

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    For gods sake she wasn’t going to go go traipsing round the country with three dogs hanging off her!

In your opinion that is. If I was going to run away with a load of money the only thing I'd take is my dog! Certainly not two suitcases with no taxi or lift. :confused::confused:++++++++++++

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

That was always a big red flag. People who love their dogs, don't just walk away. Plus she also had parrots. I don't believe for a second that she just decided one day to send her husband out to Aldi and then walked away without her phone, keys or pets. I don't know what happened to her and I doubt we ever will, but I can only imagine that it wasn't something good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

It's a fascinating case for sure. I feel though that's he's the one keeping it in profile. Given the lack of evidence either way I think she'd just have been one of these faces you see from time to time on Facebook.

He's the one who found the suitcases at the bottle bank (so odd) .

I find it weird that her family have neither supported nor criticised him in the few interviews they've done. I think he's been very lucky in how there has been no evidence of anything ... he's just been loving the media attention he gets every few months with his 'poor me' 'my arms are open' crap.

• Advertisement

In your opinion that is. If I was going to run away with a load of money the only thing I'd take is my dog! Certainly not two suitcases with no taxi or lift. :confused::confused:++++++++++++

Pretty easy to find her though......with her dogs that is...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

And based on this rubbish, he is guilty of murder. Brilliant deduction Sherlock. :P

Riva10 wrote: »
    And based on this rubbish, he is guilty of murder. Brilliant deduction Sherlock. :P

When did I say he was guilty of murder? He's the most likely suspect in my view yes. I responded to a post stating that the local narrative at the time was that she was a slut who was with a load of different fellas and probably ran off with one. That wasn't the local narrative I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

I responded to a post stating that the local narrative at the time was that she was a slut who was with a load of different fellas and probably ran off with one.

I would hate to be a family member reading this thread.

I would hate to be a family member reading this thread.

It's Richard that has been trying to smear her name. Go and ask any of Tina's family what they think of him.

When did I say he was guilty of murder? He's the most likely suspect in my view yes. I responded to a post stating that the local narrative at the time was that she was a slut who was with a load of different fellas and probably ran off with one. That wasn't the local narrative I heard.

Horrible post to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I think that if she really wanted out, she would have gone to a good friend or family for advice and help, I have helped someone walk away from a bad situation, and am glad that person now has a great life, and new partner.

That person I helped walked away without anything, but then again, they did not have a pet, by the time they got to bank the money was all cleared out,
    but money cannot always buy happiness, peace of mind is everything.

Her disappearance is strange

The thing is, even if she did want out and wanted to run away with a million men and start a new life - it doesn’t say much for him the fact she couldn’t just tell him she wanted to end it and take up with someone else. Relationships end all the time, people move on and meet new partners all the time, that’s nothing out of the ordinary. It’s just strange that if this was the case for Tina, she thought that running away in the blink of an eye making herself disappear so drastically was the only way she could go about this.
    I’m not convinced this is what happened but even if it did, it doesn’t paint a good picture of him.

The thing is, even if she did want out and wanted to run away with a million men and start a new life - it doesn’t say much for him the fact she couldn’t just tell him she wanted to end it and take up with someone else. Relationships end all the time, people move on and meet new partners all the time, that’s nothing out of the ordinary. It’s just strange that if this was the case for Tina, she thought that running away in the blink of an eye making herself disappear so drastically was the only way she could go about this.
    I’m not convinced this is what happened but even if it did, it doesn’t paint a good picture of him.

So she legs it with his money and leaves everyone to think he is a murderer and you think he is the bad guy in that scenario?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,243 ✭✭✭✭blade1

So she legs it with his money and leaves everyone to think he is a murderer and you think he is the bad guy in that scenario?
    There's more of a chance of him being Santa Claus than that scenario imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement