Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

cant believe we allowed to say dis sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Gammyeye

Daragh1980 wrote: »
    So ok for you to know but we’re not entitled to information?

Entitled? Bizzare.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭corks finest

Gammyeye wrote: »
    Entitled? Bizzare.

No one knows

Gammyeye wrote: »
    Entitled? Bizzare.

No one knows except the murderer, or the gardai maybe atm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Much and all as I’d love to know what happened to Tina can we please be mindful that these remains are someone’s family member - someone’s child. We really need to be respectful of this.

• Advertisement

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Much and all as I’d love to know what happened to Tina can we please be mindful that these remains are someone’s family member - someone’s child. We really need to be respectful of this.

100 percent correct

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

All speculation as nobody except the person responsible knows. The 2 suitcases missing if a body was dumped would make sense. To notice those missing is very specific. The missing money could be motive if it existed in the first place.

If they confirm it's Tina, this story will really blow up in the next week or so.

Has there been any elaboration as to why they might have had €26k kept in cash rather than in a bank account?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Creol1 wrote: »
    Has there been any elaboration as to why they might have had €26k kept in cash rather than in a bank account?

Social welfare, he was already jailed for social welfare fraud in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Interview with him, draw your own conclusions

https://youtu.be/tPqmOJdJHKo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

strandroad wrote: »
    I don't know the area, could it be that the person jumped?

I looked at it on Google Maps. It's 27 minutes from Youghal to Fitzgerald's Bridge, which is where at least one website said is the bridge where they found the remains. Not really feasible for somebody who didn't drive to get there on foot or without somebody else giving them a lift.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Okay, don't shoot the messenger here, but they say the remains were found on Fitzgerald's Bridge.
    In this article they have a picture of the location from Google Earth
    https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/gardai-believe-bones-found-east-19591206
    0_Screenshot-2021-01-06-111802.jpg

Link here to Fitzgerald's Bridge on Google Earth:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fitzgeralds'+Bridge/@51.9247393,-8.1408271,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4843635be7da94bd:0x57485d4a350d3b74!8m2!3d51.924736!4d-8.1386384

and below are all the routes and times from Youghal to Fitzgerald's Bridge.

538848.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

omerin wrote: »

The bould Neil Prendeville asking why he doesn’t take sleeping tablets, does he want him getting on a plane and tearing himself asunder in front of everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Creol1 wrote: »

It was profits from the sale of their old house. They kept it in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

omerin wrote: »

In fairness Prenderville did a good interview there, he ran him around in circles.

Astonishing the amount of times Richard says "I" in it, he almost seems to enjoy the attention he has gotten from this whole tragedy.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Hopefully the remains can be identified
    RIP to the person found.

In fairness Prenderville did a good interview there, he ran him around in circles.

Astonishing the amount of times Richard says "I" in it, he almost seems to enjoy the attention he has gotten from this whole tragedy.

He's been asked a number of times in interviews, what they talked about the day before she disappeared as they drove back from the car boot sale. He has never answered this question specifically, its been always a general "we would tend to talk about our purchases or we would generally talk about her purchases" - not, we talked about our purchases - he's avoided answering this question in every interview it's been asked, that i have seen, yet he's been so specific about what they ate that night- i wonder why he reverts to the "typically we would" response rather than "we did" "we said" response.

Considering it was the last conversation they ever had and he is adamant that he is a man that remembers everything it's more than a little strange.

Having said that he just strikes me as a strange man full stop, when he was asked if he thought in hindsight that he was correct in waiting four days before reporting Tina missing his answer is his doctor told him that he did the right thing. That's a really strange answer.

He's provided us with far more detail than we ever asked for in other areas of their lives. I've never seen such comments by family members in other missing cases-ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

Was it the partial remains of patch that were found around Vienna Woods/Dunkettle flyover?

Place called Silversprings I think

He did, I can’t stand prendeville but that was the best interviews/ grilling Richard was given. I say he was sweating after it.....

Considering it was the last conversation they ever had and he is adamant that he is a man that remembers everything it's more than a little strange.

Having said that he just strikes me as a strange man full stop, when he was asked if he thought in hindsight that he was correct in waiting four days before reporting Tina missing his answer is his doctor told him that he did the right thing. That's a really strange answer.

Remember he said he would take a lie detector test? Never happened as far as I can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

fin12 wrote: »
    He did, I can’t stand prendeville but that was the best interviews/ grilling Richard was given. I say he was sweating after it.....

He really caught him the way he teased around the the claim that Tina didn't have her best friends phone number in her phone.

I seem to remember Tina's family contradicting some of the things he said in some interview (maybe it was that one) where he claimed he used to drop Tina to her friend and visit her family on his own and spend time with them.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Remember he said he would take a lie detector test? Never happened as far as I can tell.

They’re not admissible in court so not much point, do the Gardai even have the tech?

punchdrunk wrote: »
    They’re not admissible in court so not much point, do the Gardai even have the tech?

I know it’s not but he said he would take one so why not? Do it for the media, seemed to enjoy the limelight.

I thought prendeville offered to organize it???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

punchdrunk wrote: »

The Guards don't have them - because they are complete nonsense. May as well hire Mystic Meg to divine an answer.

I know it’s not but he said he would take one so why not? Do it for the media, seemed to enjoy the limelight.

I thought prendeville offered to organize it???

He did

L1011 wrote: »
    The Guards don't have them - because they are complete nonsense. May as well hire Mystic Meg to divine an answer.

I don’t think they are. Watch the Netflix documentary about the guy who murdered his wife and 2 kids. He took a lie detector test and straight away the cop was like the game is up. He cracked not long after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so when will there be an official announcement about this latest find??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Lie detectors are not accurate, just ask Jeremy Kyle why his show was cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

Lie detectors are not accurate, just ask Jeremy Kyle why his show was cancelled

That's not why he got cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So he lied.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement