Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Just noticed Justified's on this. Don't know if it was recently added or I just somehow managed to miss it. Regardless, a rewatch is in order.

Thanks. Been meaning to watch Justified for a while now. Never noticed it on Prime. Tis a crap interface alright. And terrible at highlighting shows similar to your previous viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ludo wrote: »
    Thanks. Been meaning to watch Justified for a while now. Never noticed it on Prime. Tis a crap interface alright. And terrible at highlighting shows similar to your previous viewing.

What I wouldn't give to remove all that pay crap from the interface

• Registered Users Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

sweetie wrote: »
    What I wouldn't give to remove all that pay crap from the interface
    There is an option on the app just to show free stuff

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm saying I like Prime video, there's surprisingly large amount of older shows like House that I enjoying dropping in an out of to have as background noise when I'm working on stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Really? Wonder is it available on my tv app. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Sleeper12 wrote: »

where? i couldnt find it on my tablet or phone

• Registered Users Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

sweetie wrote: »
    Really? Wonder is it available on my tv app. Thanks

Not on my TV app

where? i couldnt find it on my tablet or phone

It's on my phone & tablet for the last month or so. Top right hand corner. Different phones & different versions of Android have different apps. You might get an update soon

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭boardtc

boardtc wrote: »
    Amazon Prime video via the Eir deal is not straightforward. I had to use the same email I use for eir, the email I use for my regular amazon account was not accepted. I then connected a 4K fire stick to the new amazon video account, i tried Fleabag first and a fair few other titles, but that all won’t play with an error code 5505 for invalid location.

Can someone please give me an example of a title that should definitely play so I can check it is working?

Why are there so many not available in Ireland?

That said some of the above comments that it does not work i Ireland via a Firestick are worrying :-(

To close my story. I had to create a new amazon prime account (with email to match my eir account email), separate from my normal amazon account, I bought the firestick on the later rather than the former, where there are no purchases. I ended up adding my revolut card and gave it a british address (parcelmotel). After doing this Amazon chat support did their thing and the Firestick now works 100%!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

What happened to Seinfeld

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Is there much difference between what you get on Prime in Ireland and the UK? I know the music streaming won't work here but seemingly is included in Prime in UK?

Is it easy enough to switch regions. Just phone support and request?

I’ve added a UK address (sisters) and linked my revolut card to my Amazon.com account.
    I might run into a problem as my account is .com rather than .co.uk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

More new third party content: Monk, Catfish, Lost, NCIS LA, and most of what South Park they didn’t already have (though that show seems to be on everywhere). And some Fireman Sam for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Anyone know if they plan on broadcasting Counterpart on Ireland or UK Prime?
    Its streaming in the US, kindof a dose we dont get it here...

It’s on Starzplay, fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

icdg wrote: »
    It’s on Starzplay, fwiw

thanks for that, I had a look at Starzplay last night, its got a good bit on there I would watch, including a decent introductory offer. Does anyone know if you can register for Starzplay outside of the US, or UK even? I tried last night, but as far as I can see its not available in Ireland...

It’s available via the Apple TV app at €4.99 pm, seven day trial. Not a whole pile on it, mind you, but still probably better value than Apple TV+!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

yankinlk wrote: »

It's coming to channel 4/ all 4 app
    First 3 seasons from this Friday then one a week added after that

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

yankinlk wrote: »

Some seasons are on All 4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Watching The Missing on amazon prime at the minute...its very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Dave..M wrote: »
    Some seasons are on All 4 now

That's what I said 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

Was wondering what advantages of a UK prime account these days
    I.e what shows are available on UK region as oppose to ROI?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

john_doe. wrote: »

Just ask them via online chat to switch it over for you and you can have a look. I get a message every couple of days to see if I want to switch back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

john_doe. wrote: »

Not sure exactly what shows I've been able to watch since switching to the UK version, but the main reason I've done it is that it makes the fire TV stick work properly with prime video

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Loads of great older series on Prime now. Justified, Monk, Psych, Parks & Rec, Bones to name but five. As well as excellent new stuff like Good Omens, The Patriot, The Boys, The Expanse and Bosch.

Just a shame it's such a fugly layout of a site/app. I know they're encouraging you to buy things in amongst the prime shows and films but bleugh it makes for crappy browsing.

I think I've watched more Prime recently than Netflix.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Loads of great older series on Prime now. Justified, Monk, Psych, Parks & Rec, Bones to name but five. As well as excellent new stuff like Good Omens, The Patriot, The Boys, The Expanse and Bosch.

Just a shame it's such a fugly layout of a site/app. I know they're encouraging you to buy things in amongst the prime shows and films but bleugh it makes for crappy browsing.

I think I've watched more Prime recently than Netflix.

I think the option to "buy" stuff is only on the UK version, the Irish one doesn't have that. But both are very bad from a user interface perspective anyways.
    But I agree, lots more great content now, especially for TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Got Prime as part of Eir TV deal. Still can't figure out where to input the code to watch a programme. Keeps referring me to Prime/Video online. Very frustrating.

Any body suffer similar issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    Got Prime as part of Eir TV deal. Still can't figure out where to input the code to watch a programme. Keeps referring me to Prime/Video online. Very frustrating.

What code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I presume you are trying to register a smart tv or something? When I joined I opened the app on the TV and it had the code there and the exact website address to go to to enter that code online to register the device. Is the website to go to not being displayed on your devise?

Go to www.primevideo.com/mytv login and and enter your code there

I presume you are trying to register a smart tv or something? When I joined I opened the app on the TV and it had the code there and the exact website address to go to to enter that code online to register the device. Is the website to go to not being displayed on your devise?

Go to www.primevideo.com/mytv login and and enter your code there

Thats what I'm getting but when I go to the website I don't see where to input the code.

Streaming the app through an Apple TV device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Thats what I'm getting but when I go to the website I don't see where to input the code.

I immediately get the option to add the code see screenshot. Maybe contact support and get them to register the devise for you if you dont have the option.

Advertisement