Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I immediately get the option to add the code see screenshot. Maybe contact support and get them to register the devise for you if you dont have the option.

Thanks. Got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

What happened to the netflix threads

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Started Bosch, seems decent so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Started Bosch, seems decent so far.

Enjoy. I like the books, and often the tv/movies are a disappointment, but Bosch is good, and holds up over all 5 (?) series. Different with 2 or 3 books twined together per series, but enjoyable.
    Highly recommended from me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I started Hunters. First episode was great imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Enjoy. I like the books, and often the tv/movies are a disappointment, but Bosch is good, and holds up over all 5 (?) series. Different with 2 or 3 books twined together per series, but enjoyable.

3 episodes in and I'm done. Just not feeling it. Little too slow and not all that interesting.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

3 episodes in and I'm done. Just not feeling it. Little too slow and not all that interesting.

I think it's worth sticking with it, takes a while to bed down but really enjoyed it. There's a thread on here that's very positive also.

i haven't gotten round to trying this yet but read the other day that it's being cancelled. I think season Six will be the last one if I read correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

So stuck at home, started to watch 'Too old to die young'

Limited series. Watched the 1st 2 episodes, both episodes are film lengths but I have to say I'm really enjoying it. Could be my favourite Amazon show yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

We happened onto Logan Lucky yesterday. A decent comedy heist in the vein of Ocean's 11. Good cast, suspend your belief and just enjoy the high jinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    i haven't gotten round to trying this yet but read the other day that it's being cancelled. I think season Six will be the last one if I read correctly

No, Season seven will be the last so there are 2 more years left in it. Interestingly they are making a TV series out of the Lincoln Lawyer which is based on another series of books by Michael Connelly. The lead character in the Lincoln Lawyer is Bosch's half brother and there is a bit of cross over in the books. Matthew McConaughey played him in the 2011 movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cathy427

Question for those on UK version - Am on the UK version, address is PM and payment is revolut which also has PM address. However it wont accept the revolut for prime music - does this mean I cant rent stuff shows/movies either?

cathy427 wrote:
    Question for those on UK version - Am on the UK version, address is PM and payment is revolut which also has PM address. However it wont accept the revolut for prime music - does this mean I cant rent stuff shows/movies either?

I can't answer that but I remember to be able to rent movies I had to set Revolut as the payment for digital purchases. I assume this includes music. The trick was to use pm as the card address. Using revolut and setting the card address as Ireland wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Prime finally starting to add profiles, just certain regions so far (parts of Asia and India). Might be able to use a VPN to create them.

Meant to be 6 profiles, with the normal parental control stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Hello All,

We got a second hand Roku 3 box. We have Prime with the video and channels so obviously the uk one.

Set up the Roku box and it wiped Prime Video watchlist and channels gone, went to phone and the same on the phone. Logged into the website and Amazon said something about location Ireland.

Went into content settings and made sure device was UK. Can watch Starz on website but not on Roku or on phone app now.

Anyone have a way around and a way to restore watchlist

Please thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 31,858 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Been watching a few shows

Please like me
    Odd little comedy drama from Australia not for everyone but I like it so far.

Damages
    Very recently added...Rose Byrne and Glenn Close..it's a legal thriller only a few episodes in but it is kind of amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

I was watching Picard about a month or so ago and got distracted by dome cv19 thing, anyway went to watch it last night an it is saying not in my location. Any idea why?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

gmisk wrote: »
    Please like me

I watched the first series of this a couple of years ago and remember really liking it. Didn't realise it was on Amazon Prime, must watch it again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Been watching a few shows

Please like me

Damages
    Very recently added...Rose Byrne and Glenn Close..it's a legal thriller only a few episodes in but it is kind of amazing!

Damages is excellent, a criminally (:rolleyes::pac:) under-rated show. The first 3 seasons are stronger than the last 2, the last two suffering IMO from a shortened episode count that make them feel rushed in comparison to the first 3. Some great casting (it was Byrne's big break) incl. a great performance from Martin Short in Season 3, as well as lots of familiar faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

khalessi wrote: »
    I was watching Picard about a month or so ago and got distracted by dome cv19 thing, anyway went to watch it last night an it is saying not in my location. Any idea why?

It's still showing for me.

But they regularly change regions randomly. I've been watching two different series in the last few months where they became unavailable overnight. In each case I contacted them on live chat and explained that I was in the middle of a season. They added the season I was watching to my account in each case and added an extra season of one show.

• Advertisement

Something not right there. Picard is an Amazon Original& should be available in all areas. Amazon originals are always available when you are visiting other countries.

I wonder do you have a VPN switched on? If you do, turn it off & you should be able to watch the show

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Something not right there. Picard is an Amazon Original& should be available in all areas. Amazon originals are always available when you are visiting other countries.

I wonder do you have a VPN switched on? If you do, turn it off & you should be able to watch the show

No idea where to look for vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Is it still not available today?

I'm guessing you don't have a VPN so.

Try reboot your WiFi & the TV or device you are watching it on. It might fix the issue

Damages is excellent, a criminally (:rolleyes::pac:) under-rated show. The first 3 seasons are stronger than the last 2, the last two suffering IMO from a shortened episode count that make them feel rushed in comparison to the first 3. Some great casting (it was Byrne's big break) incl. a great performance from Martin Short in Season 3, as well as lots of familiar faces.
    I saw a couple of episodes when it came out...it is excellent so far up to episode 6. All 5 seasons are on Amazon prime!

I watched the first series of this a couple of years ago and remember really liking it. Didn't realise it was on Amazon Prime, must watch it again now.
    All 4 seasons are on it.
    Watched season 1 in one day.
    The main guys acting put me off initially but I have kind of warmed to him.

All 4 seasons are on it.
    Watched season 1 in one day.
    The main guys acting put me off initially but I have kind of warmed to him.

I didn't even realise there were that many series of it! That's me sorted for a few days then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭johnire

Hi folks.
    Could anyone tell me how much Amazon Prime is per month and is there any sort of free trial?
    Thanks.

johnire wrote: »
    Hi folks.
    Could anyone tell me how much Amazon Prime is per month and is there any sort of free trial?
    Thanks.

You can do a month free trial and then I think it's €7.99 a month.
    Are you with Eir, by any chance? You can get it free for a whole year if you have their broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

cathy427 wrote: »

I havnt been able to get it to let me buy or rent movies. I've tried all sorts of combinations of PM address and different cards inc revolut and no joy.

Advertisement