Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

My account seems to have been cancelled altogether- when I go on it prompts me to signup all over again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Are Amazon Prime showing any more Premier League games, or was it just those few over the Christmas period? Don't think I'll bother switching my location if that's the case.

Are Amazon Prime showing any more Premier League games, or was it just those few over the Christmas period? Don't think I'll bother switching my location if that's the case.

I think that was their last slot of the season.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Amazon will be back in December 2020, BT have today/tomorrow and half of the “split weekend” (Round 26, in early-mid February - Sky will have the other half).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Keith186 wrote: »
    Use phone or tablet app to choose to watch/cast a show on your fire stick device or else side load the aptoide market then install prime video app and that will also work.
    Second method is better as it means you can just use the ft remote as normal.

I have a downloader installed

Anyone got the Apk file for the Irish primevideo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭d15ude

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I have a downloader installed

Anyone got the Apk file for the Irish primevideo

Do you think the Irish primevideo apk would work with the 4k stick?

I received the new 4k stick as a christmas gift. It was bought via https://www.amazon.co.uk/.
    I get the error 5505 "Video unavailabe". Was on Amazon chat and the told me the UK stick is no good for Amazon Prime Video in Ireland...

Netflix and all other apps for fine on the stick.
    And I can watch Prime without problems on both my Macbook and Android phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

d15ude wrote: »
    Do you think the Irish primevideo apk would work with the 4k stick?

I received the new 4k stick as a christmas gift. It was bought via https://www.amazon.co.uk/.
    I get the error 5505 "Video unavailabe". Was on Amazon chat and the told me the UK stick is no good for Amazon Prime Video in Ireland...

Netflix and all other apps for fine on the stick.
    And I can watch Prime without problems on both my Macbook and Android phone.
    Get onto amazon and ask them to switch you to UK prime. That fixed it for us. Alternative is to "cast" from phone to the fire stick, which should work too. Pain the way the Irish market is served by Amazon, but there you go...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭d15ude

Keith186 wrote: »
    Use phone or tablet app to choose to watch/cast a show on your fire stick device or else side load the aptoide market then install prime video app and that will also work.
    Second method is better as it means you can just use the ft remote as normal.

Side loading Prime Video via Aptoide did the trick!
    Can now stream all Irish Prime content on my 4k fire stick.

Cheers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

James May's Japan series is up. 6 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

James May's Japan series is up. 6 episodes.

I'd watch anything about Japan but I can't stand him. Pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭degsie

Just tried to purchase a TV series on Amazon UK but get the following message:
    "We're unable to complete your order. Your payment method was not charged. The billing address on your payment method must be a valid address in the United Kingdom. If you're paying with a credit card, it must be issued from a bank in the United Kingdom."

Tried with Irish CC and Revolut card with same problem. I've purchased in the past with no issues. Anybody seen this and get around the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gforcemurphy

Yeah I was just told I don’t have a subscription to Amazon Prime Video, even though I’ve had it like Netflix for the past year or more. I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I had to change my default address to UK a few weeks ago (got Fire tablets for the kids, didn’t deliver to Ireland, so set up through Address Pal).

Got a bit confused as Amazon don’t seem to distinguish between Prime (which I don’t have) and Prime Video for UK customers. Now tells me I can’t sign up for Prime Video as I’m not a Prime customer. It’s been melting my head.
    degsie wrote: »
    Just tried to purchase a TV series on Amazon UK but get the following message:
    "We're unable to complete your order. Your payment method was not charged. The billing address on your payment method must be a valid address in the United Kingdom. If you're paying with a credit card, it must be issued from a bank in the United Kingdom."

Tried with Irish CC and Revolut card with same problem. I've purchased in the past with no issues. Anybody seen this and get around the issue?

d15ude wrote: »
    Side loading Prime Video via Aptoide did the trick!
    Can now stream all Irish Prime content on my 4k fire stick.

Cheers!

Any chance you can give a dummy’s guide of how to do this?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Any chance you can give a dummy’s guide of how to do this?

https://troypoint.com/aptoide-tv/

Worked perfectly!!

Thanks

Treadstone (the Bourne spin-off) up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

dulpit wrote: »

Does this work on regular fire sticks too or just the 4k one? And does this give the option of installing regular Irish apps like the rte player on it? Right now the stick seems to only let me install uk-centric tv apps (that don't actually work when you load them up). Of course the main pain is that the Prime app itself won't work (gives that region error)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

icdg wrote: »
    Treadstone (the Bourne spin-off) up now.
    I watched episode 1....not really feeling it...

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

A quick question for ye:

We have a Firestick working well in our own house set up to my wife's Amazon account and no issues.

Got a present of another one for Christmas and were thinking of using this in a different house, can I use my wife's Amazon account details again for this? It is just because our Amazon Prime is set up through my wife's email address and would love to have access to Prime in both locations but not sure is this possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

bugsyb4 wrote:
    Got a present of another one for Christmas and were thinking of using this in a different house, can I use my wife's Amazon account details again for this? It is just because our Amazon Prime is set up through my wife's email address and would love to have access to Prime in both locations but not sure is this possible!

Yes you can have the same amazon account on as many Firestick as you like however you can only /use one screen at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Yes you can have the same amazon account on as many Firestick as you like however you can only /use one screen at a time.
    I think you can use more than one at the same time from the same account. I believe the limit is two streaming at the same time.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I think you can use more than one at the same time from the same account. I believe the limit is two streaming at the same time.

I asked live chat a year ago & they said one at a time BUT I have never tried it so it could be the wrong information

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Perfect that's all we will ever be doing. Thanks for quick reply!

A quick Google search says
    You may stream up to three videos at the same time using the same Amazon account. You may stream the same video to no more than two devices at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'd watch anything about Japan but I can't stand him. Pity.

Not a massive fan of him but i'm really enjoying it. His interpreters are gas.

sweetie wrote: »
    Not a massive fan of him but i'm really enjoying it. His interpreters are gas.

I really enjoyed it. His interpreter in Tokyo and later is loads of fun. Also, loved the "Hey bim" part (you'll know it when you see it)

A ton of content added to Prime Video IE yesterday - NCIS, Smallville, Futurama, Two Broke Girls, House MD, Elementary, Psych, Bob’s Burgers, Last Man Standing, The Middle,Madam Secretary, The Librarians, Justified, the Tudors,Roswell (1999).

Not sure if that’s a big plugging the gap between U.K. and Ireland, but it’s a lot of stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A ton of content added to Prime Video IE yesterday - NCIS, Smallville, Futurama, Two Broke Girls, House MD, Elementary, Psych, Bob’s Burgers, Last Man Standing, The Middle,Madam Secretary, The Librarians, Justified, the Tudors,Roswell (1999).

Not sure if that’s a big plugging the gap between U.K. and Ireland, but it’s a lot of stuff.

Great timing, a surprise Timothy Olyphant cameo in a other show had me hankering after a rewatch of Justified. Ditto Bob's Burgers, which I started fadó but never kept going.

icdg wrote:

I've watched Last Man Standing on Hulu for the last few years. It's not unlike ToolTime.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

There were a couple of seasons of Bob's Burgers up for a while but it seems they've added all of S1-9 now. This is what I mean about Prime's interface being awful. I watched all of S9 on there not that long ago but they add 7 more seasons and I don't see it anywhere on my homepage.

Anyway... haven't gotten around to watching it yet but Troop Zero was also added yesterday. Looks like a bit of lighthearted fun, written by one of the writers of Beasts of the Southern Wild and again, no sign of it on the home page

https://youtu.be/Gi4C6GncmQ4

Advertisement