Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Drumpot wrote: »
    Have to say, I haven’t noticed a huge catalogue of stuff I’ve wanted to watch on the UK v Irish. The way some people were talking I thought I’d struck gold when I got the service amended. Maybe it’s cause I’m still not used to the firestick amazon page but I actually thooght there was as much in the Irish even if it wasn’t great.:confused:

I thought the irish one was rubbish when I got a free trial a few months ago and wasn't going to bother keeping it on but then I got the Eir thing free and given time to explore there's actually a fair bit of choice there.
    I mentioned before but the search function on Prime is terrible. I have a Letterboxd pro account and it allows you to filter lists of films by what streaming service they're available on and using that I've discovered quite a few films that never showed up for me while searching on Prime itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Prime is terrible in comparison to Netflix. There's a little bit more on the UK version but not much.

2 episodes into Pistorius and its really good. Documentary on Oscar Pistorius blade runner.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Keith186

Fleabag was recommended on here. Season one is on the Irish version now but season two has been removed at the same time.

Bit annoying as there are only 6 short episodes so you fly through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Prime is terrible in comparison to Netflix.

I used to think that when i first got it, now its on par, possibly better. Its also far cheaper to subscribe to, even with the full prime.

I havent checked the irish prime in aaages, but when i made the jump from irish to the UK one, the content was far better, this was a little over a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

nix wrote: »
    I used to think that when i first got it, now its on par, possibly better. Its also far cheaper to subscribe to, even with the full prime.

I havent checked the irish prime in aaages, but when i made the jump from irish to the UK one, the content was far better, this was a little over a year ago.

I've had the English content for around 6 months now. Don't get me wrong there's some good stuff there but it's nowhere near the level of content on Netflix. For every good show on prime there's 10 on Netflix. Also Netflix app is far superior, amazon's app is a complete mess.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I've had the English content for around 6 months now. Don't get me wrong there's some good stuff there but it's nowhere near the level of content on Netflix. For every good show on prime there's 10 on Netflix. Also Netflix app is far superior, amazon's app is a complete mess.

Yeah as far as navigation goes, Netflix are supreme, i also hate the way amazon include **** you have to pay extra for, im used to it now but it was highly annoying at a time. They really need to sort their app out and give the option to block the added cost **** so it doesnt make perusing the prime stuff a mare :(

I love them both tbh, but Netflix really need to stop bumping the price, it went up €2 this year. It's gonna hurt them in the future..

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Does anyone know if the "Treadstone" Bourne tv show is available on the UK version of prime? It's listed in the Irish prime but no episodes are available. It's fully aired season 1 in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Does anyone know if the "Treadstone" Bourne tv show is available on the UK version of prime? It's listed in the Irish prime but no episodes are available. It's fully aired season 1 in the US.

Just checked, no episodes available, just trailer

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

VPN time again.

The only thing is HDR streaming might be difficult with a VPN. Dont know if we'll get the bandwith for it.

Smartdnsproxy is your friend.
    No need for VPN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Originally Posted by smelly sock View Post
    VPN time again.

The only thing is HDR streaming might be difficult with a VPN. Dont know if we'll get the bandwith for it.
    flexcon wrote: »
    Smartdnsproxy is your friend.
    No need for VPN

Also VPN only gives you a different IP address, you still use your own bandwidth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I have my region set to UK from day 1

Can't see any replays for the football only tennis. No banners on tv app, just on browser.

What else can i check movie/tv show wise that I'm on UK and not irish content to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

Can't see any replays for the football only tennis. No banners on tv app, just on browser.

What else can i check movie/tv show wise that I'm on UK and not irish content to be sure.
    Search for James May shows, there's a bunch on UK but not Irish prime...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

dulpit wrote: »
    Search for James May shows, there's a bunch on UK but not Irish prime...

Cheers , yeah they all seem to play no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Got around to watching The Boys and really loved it. Might be my favourite show of 2019. Lots of compelling characters, great humour, and takes some turns I didn't see coming.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

0ph0rce0 wrote: »

What make of tv is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Any decent foreign language dramas on Prime at the moment? Just finished up Craith on BBC, will be needing my subtitle fix again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭celt262

What make of tv is it?

I'm the same on Samsung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

celt262 wrote: »
    I'm the same on Samsung.

LG works fine. Try updating the App or sign out of it on the TV and back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

trying to rent 'Loveless' on Amazon - it is possible to do that with an Irish debit / credit card? it's a shame they won't let you pay via ebay either :(

• Advertisement

trying to rent 'Loveless' on Amazon - it is possible to do that with an Irish debit / credit card? it's a shame they won't let you pay via ebay either :(

Never paid separately for any content on Prime so I'm not sure but you might be able to get it on the Rakuten app if it doesn't work for you. It's a separate movie app.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Got around to watching The Boys and really loved it. Might be my favourite show of 2019. Lots of compelling characters, great humour, and takes some turns I didn't see coming.

I thought it was brilliant as well. Looking for the the next series.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Ok just got an Amazon prime account through my Eir package. Yet every show I go into gives me error code. I know some things are Geo blocked but to me looks like everything

Any ideas?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Ok just got an Amazon prime account through my Eir package. Yet every show I go into gives me error code. I know some things are Geo blocked but to me looks like everything

Any ideas?

Are you on the website or app? The website is PrimeVideo.com not the Amazon site itself

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

mcgucc22 wrote: »
    I thought it was brilliant as well. Looking for the the next series.

Season 2 trailer has me excited:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Are you on the website or app? The website is PrimeVideo.com not the Amazon site itself

Prime video on a firestick

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Prime video on a firestick

It wont work on Firestick as Eir Amazon Prime Video is specifically for Primevideo which is the Irish Version.

Any ideas?

Use phone or tablet app to choose to watch/cast a show on your fire stick device or else side load the aptoide market then install prime video app and that will also work.
    Second method is better as it means you can just use the ft remote as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

My content has changed back to the Irish prime, anyone else have this happen recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Just emailed them, sorted

Advertisement