Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I see Hustlers was added yesterday. Another big name film that you'd have no idea was there because their interface is so rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

I'm signed up to Amazon Prime & I can watch the shows and movies on my phone. I have a TV ( a few years old at this stage) that can show Netflix and Youtube (I have accounts with both as well). Does anyone know if there is a TV I could buy that would get Amazon Prime on it as well as Netflix and Youtube please? Preferably a smallish TV as it's just for my room, not for the sitting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I read the other day that all the James Bond films except the Daniel Craig ones would be available early this month, great I thought, something to look forward to. Looking further into it tonight I learn that's its only being released to US viewers. What's new.......?

I've used Amazon and Netflix in both the US and Australia and can't understand for the life of me why the UK and Ireland versions are so piss poor content wise.

hayser wrote: »
    I'm signed up to Amazon Prime & I can watch the shows and movies on my phone. I have a TV ( a few years old at this stage) that can show Netflix and Youtube (I have accounts with both as well). Does anyone know if there is a TV I could buy that would get Amazon Prime on it as well as Netflix and Youtube please? Preferably a smallish TV as it's just for my room, not for the sitting room.

If it's a smart TV you should be able to get Prime on it? Is there an apps section on your menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭randomname2005

I read the other day that all the James Bond films except the Daniel Craig ones would be available early this month, great I thought, something to look forward to. Looking further into it tonight I learn that's its only being released to US viewers. What's new.......?

I've used Amazon and Netflix in both the US and Australia and can't understand for the life of me why the UK and Ireland versions are so piss poor content wise.

Probably license issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

hayser wrote: »

You could get a chromecast?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

My favourite movie of the last 5 years just came on to Prime

It's called Midsommar.....be warned it's not for everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

dulpit wrote: »
    You could get a chromecast?

I was previously a fan of chromecast, but Fire TV Stick beats it hands down... a remote in your hand to navigate onscreen apps, with Alexa built in.

I rarely use the Chromecast now only for the odd web video casting.

To the OP, get a firestick. You may need a addresspal or similar address.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079QB9BD7

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was previously a fan of chromecast, but Fire TV Stick beats it hands down... a remote in your hand to navigate onscreen apps, with Alexa built in.

I rarely use the Chromecast now only for the odd web video casting.

To the OP, get a firestick. You may need a addresspal or similar address.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079QB9BD7

Firestick is what I use too. But you need to switch your region to UK for prime for it to properly work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

dulpit wrote: »
    Firestick is what I use too. But you need to switch your region to UK for prime for it to properly work.

That is true for Prime, but I am pretty sure all other apps work fine. I am on UK region.

But yes OP was asking for Prime, so if not on UK region, probably chromecast is best.

Its a bit crappy that this device doesnt work for IE region.

Edit: another option might be Roku streaming sticks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hustlers is now available on Amazon prime.
    It's a lot of fun J Lo is fantastic in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

Thanks for all the tips. My TV has apps on it but I couldn't find the option for Amazon Prime on it. I don't mind watching on the phone or tablet but would prefer the TV. I might look into Chromcast. Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Just finished “hunters” , myself and wife loved it....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I don't think you can Chromecast Amazon Prime.

You can Chromecast Netflix and YouTube.

You need a Firestick to cast Amazon Prime to your TV.

If you want Amazon the other options are the app built into the TV, an Xbox or a PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Jofspring wrote: »
    I don't think you can Chromecast Amazon Prime.

You can Chromecast Netflix and YouTube.

You need a Firestick to cast Amazon Prime to your TV.

If you want Amazon the other options are the app built into the TV, an Xbox or a PS4.

Works fine casting from android phone to chromecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Works fine casting from android phone to chromecast.

Do you mean screen mirror rather actual cast using the Chromecast button?

Angel has fallen added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Jofspring wrote: »
    Do you mean screen mirror rather actual cast using the Chromecast button?

Chromecast button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Acosta

You can chromecast it just the same as Netflix. Much better picture too. Pretty there's so little worth watching on it.

Acosta wrote: »
    Pretty there's so little worth watching on it.

This isn't true, as quite a few posters have mentioned, there's a lot more on it than you might think initially, you just have to know what you're looking for because the interface is awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

donfers wrote: »
    My favourite movie of the last 5 years just came on to Prime

It's called Midsommar.....be warned it's not for everybody

Great film

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Homelander

Midsommar was probably my favorite movie last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Acosta

This isn't true, as quite a few posters have mentioned, there's a lot more on it than you might think initially, you just have to know what you're looking for because the interface is awful.

No it's true IMO. I've spent a lot of time looking through it.

I find it great for Oscar nominated movies over the last few years - Green Book, Hacksaw Ridge etc. I notice a lot of movies are almost 'rotated' between Prime and Netflix - I, Tonya for example going straight to Netflix from Prime

Homelander wrote: »
    Midsommar was probably my favorite movie last year.

yes. seems to put a lot of people off but probably the best one for me also. it's more a "go with the experience " type of movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it on that basis.

thought that the director's other well-known movie "Hereditary" was pretty bad surprisingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any recommendations?

Watched Bosch recently and didn't think much of it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is The Boys any good?

fryup wrote: »
    is The Boys any good?

bit of an acquired taste but if you like it and get it (give it 2 episodes) you're likely to really like it.

great anti-hero stuff imo but again, not everyone would like it.

I have no interest in superhero stuff (not into those cinema-clogging marvel productions) at all but really liked it.

Any recommendations?

Watched Bosch recently and didn't think much of it.

all the seasons?

season 1 had a particularly annoying character that ruined it for me

they get better as they go along imo

I'd recommend ZeroZeroZero - a one season mafia/ sth american narco / smuggler broker series. it's on Amazon

• Advertisement

Damages which was added recently....is fantastic imo.
    I have watched all of season 1 in about 2 days!

Advertisement