Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I have my prime set to uk region. I have no UK based card and have no issues with other amazon services.

I think the key here is to get on their live chat support. Say that you spend lots of time in the UK with work and can they please switch your prime video to UK region. If they start making a fuss, say not to worry and sign off. Wait an hour or two .. try again .. keep doing this until you find one of their staff that just does it straight away.

This worked for me .. he even walked me through confirming that it was working. He says "hmmm looks like you are in the US" ... Me: "oh that is the SmartDNS on that network, let me switch that off". Him: "OK"... yes that looks better. It looks like you are also buying prime in the US, let me refund you 12 months of that and cancel it for you". If you use unblockus, you can set your amazon region to UK here: https://www.unblock-us.com/switch

bugsyb4 wrote: »
    I have 2 questions for you as you seem to know your stuff!!

1. What is this xray about I have used it with tv and films but couldn't get it going for the soccer while using firestick remote? Might have been doing something wrong
    2. Also when you say iplayer do you mean BBC one? I have the app downloaded on Firestick last I checked but said region issues when tried to watch anything. My Prime is set to UK so watched soccer no bother.

Thanks

on the fire stick I just pressed up and up again.
    EDIT: looked like this:
    XzRvLAq.jpg?1

yes BBC iPlayer. I use a service for that. Not allowed to discuss here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Vudgie wrote:
    I changed my Revolut address to the UK but its not working.

Change the billing address on the prime payment section to a UK address and you should be good to go. No need to change your address with revolut themselves

Be carful of this though. My card got blocked until I sent them proof of ID

You don't charge you address for revolut. Changing from Ireland to UK is enough to flag the card. Leave the card address in Ireland. Its only on the prime digital payment section that you use a UK payment address

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

on the fire stick I just pressed up and up again.
    EDIT: looked like this:
    XzRvLAq.jpg?1

yes BBC iPlayer. I use a service for that. Not allowed to discuss here.

That xray service looks good must try for Stephens Day games. All in all I liked Amazon coverage must say!

As for iplayer it be handy to have but not going to worry if don't either, not enough time in day to watch everything I want to...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Finally, have been waiting for this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

He's the only one of the three I can tolerate solo, and his own previous solo shows have often been entertaining, in that affably foolish fashion found in all middle aged dads of a certain vintage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

pixelburp wrote: »
    He's the only one of the three I can tolerate solo, and his own previous solo shows have often been entertaining, in that affably foolish fashion found in all middle aged dads of a certain vintage :D

Agreed. Turns out those shows (man lab, toy stories) are on UK prime.

His drive tribe YouTube videos are quite good too...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Think we all knew a May in school. Natural curiosity and nerdiness, without being a know it all. We all tried a crystal radio too, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eamo07

Recently set up Amazon Prime via Eir for 12 months. I have a 4K fire stick but it won’t play on this due to error code 5505. I’ve been onto Amazon chat 4/5 times already today asking them to change my location to the UK but they won’t change it. Anyway, I will try a couple of more times.

In the meantime, I’m trying to cast from my iPad/iPhone to the fire stick but not getting any option to cast. Can someone advise how I can cast from an iPad/iPhone? I’ve no issues casting from Netflix but Amazon Prime won’t work. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Change the billing address on the prime payment section to a UK address and you should be good to go. No need to change your address with revolut themselves

Thanks, I did this but it’s still saying that I need a card issued by an UK bank. This is an issue as I won’t be able to buy books for kindle either as it only seems to effect digital purchases.

Vudgie wrote: »
    Thanks, I did this but it’s still saying that I need a card issued by an UK bank. This is an issue as I won’t be able to buy books for kindle either as it only seems to effect digital purchases.

Your Revolut card should show up as a UK bank. All I can suggest is that you remove the card altogether & then add it back again making sure to use a UK billing address. Removing & adding it back can, if you are lucky, have the same effect as rebooting your phone, PC etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

eamo07 wrote: »
    Recently set up Amazon Prime via Eir for 12 months. I have a 4K fire stick but it won’t play on this due to error code 5505. I’ve been onto Amazon chat 4/5 times already today asking them to change my location to the UK but they won’t change it. Anyway, I will try a couple of more times.

In the meantime, I’m trying to cast from my iPad/iPhone to the fire stick but not getting any option to cast. Can someone advise how I can cast from an iPad/iPhone? I’ve no issues casting from Netflix but Amazon Prime won’t work. Thanks.
    I had this issue. Prime would work on my phone, pc, iPad etc. But not on the firestick. Very annoying. I eventually called them and the guy took over my firestick from his machine and couldn't fix it. He then suggested he would change it to one of my UK addresses. I'd call again and don't mention uk or anything just say it isn't working and let them solve it and hopefully that's the solution they come up with.

https://troypoint.com/firestick-tricks/

There is a section on the above link that covers casting from ipad. I think you need to download an app to help

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭boardtc

Amazon Prime video via the Eir deal is not straightforward. I had to use the same email I use for eir, the email I use for my regular amazon account was not accepted. I then connected a 4K fire stick to the new amazon video account, i tried Fleabag first and a fair few other titles, but that all won’t play with an error code 5505 for invalid location.

Can someone please give me an example of a title that should definitely play so I can check it is working?

Why are there so many not available in Ireland?

That said some of the above comments that it does not work i Ireland via a Firestick are worrying :-(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

boardtc wrote: »
    Amazon Prime video via the Eir deal is not straightforward. I had to use the same email I use for eir, the email I use for my regular amazon account was not accepted. I then connected a 4K fire stick to the new amazon video account, i tried Fleabag first and a fair few other titles, but that all won’t play with an error code 5505 for invalid location.

Can someone please give me an example of a title that should definitely play so I can check it is working?

Why are there so many not available in Ireland?

That said some of the above comments that it does not work i Ireland via a Firestick are worrying :-(

Mine was simple. I clicked on the link in My Eir and signed into my Amazon account (different email) and it worked straight away.

Mine was simple. I clicked on the link in My Eir and signed into my Amazon account (different email) and it worked straight away.

With a Firestick or are you watching via a Browser? What's a show I can try and play?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

With a Firestick or are you watching via a Browser? What's a show I can try and play?

I've watched on my phone, laptop and smart TV.

Try Bob's Burgers, or Masterchef Australia

I've watched on my phone, laptop and smart TV.

Try Bob's Burgers, or Masterchef Australia

5505 error trying to play Bob's burgers on 4k firestick :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

5505 error trying to play Bob;s burgers on 4k firestick :-(

Get onto live chat with amazon and tell them that, they fix it for u... had same problem recently and they fixed it... location settings prob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I was getting that error and just used Amazon live chat and had it fixed immediately with whatever they fixed on my account. I had to restart the Firestick for it to take effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 teckel

Anybody having problems with prime at the moment. I’ve signed up through eir and when I log into prime it keeps asking me to set up a subscription. Any ideas..?

LillySV wrote: »
    Get onto live chat with amazon and tell them that, they fix it for u... had same problem recently and they fixed it... location settings prob

Amazon chat set stuff and got me to restart a bunch - nothing changed. They ended up saying that my email did not have a prime subscription! This is despite the case that when logged into MyEir with the same email address, my.eir.ie/device-management says congratulations you are registered for prime video!

After 45 minutes on chat with Eir, they opened a ticket and said Eir with reply within 5 days. I'm not holding my breath as my experience of Eir customer support in the past is they are well last to no one :-(

No update from Eir yet, 2 weeks trying to get free amazon prime offer to work now, was really hoping to have it by Christmas :-(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Amazon.ie looks like it may finally be on the way, which should be some good news for those of us frustrated with Amazon’s bizzare approach to this market:

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/1219/1102071-amazon-dublin-warehouse-report/

icdg wrote: »
    Amazon.ie looks like it may finally be on the way, which should be some good news for those of us frustrated with Amazon’s bizzare approach to this market:

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/1219/1102071-amazon-dublin-warehouse-report/

amazon.ie currently redirects to amazon.co.uk. Maybe it will be different in the future (post 2020) but that will depend on how the UK/EU trading agreement evolves. Should there be a dedicated Ireland site, it will likely not contain the vast number of resellers operating through the UK site at the moment and as such it will be a much smaller market place. I do a lot of my shopping through amazon.de already after comparing the same goods with the UK site, so I don't really see a need or advantage to an .ie dedicated site.

Prime Video already has an Ireland presence, so it is hard to see how that will change. In fact it is likely that many of us (as discussed in this thread) are still operating through prime UK, may be pushed to the Ireland only catalogue in the future, which would not really be a good thing.

On the grand scheme of things we are a very small market for amazon and probably better off when lumped in the "UK & ROI" region.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

Not much on prime I watch, but the expanse is pretty good if you like sci Fi - in Ireland with prime account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ugh, im actually not looking forward to the .ie coming in, im able to stream the Prime video UK currently which is far better than the irish one, this might feck all that up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

nix wrote: »
    Ugh, im actually not looking forward to the .ie coming in, im able to stream the Prime video UK currently which is far better than the irish one, this might feck all that up :(

VPN time again.

The only thing is HDR streaming might be difficult with a VPN. Dont know if we'll get the bandwith for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Have to say, I haven’t noticed a huge catalogue of stuff I’ve wanted to watch on the UK v Irish. The way some people were talking I thought I’d struck gold when I got the service amended. Maybe it’s cause I’m still not used to the firestick amazon page but I actually thooght there was as much in the Irish even if it wasn’t great.:confused:

Advertisement