Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Even with newer added content, not all stuff is going to the Irish version too. Scrubs was added on Monday to the UK version but not the Irish version.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

€2.99 is usually deducted from my account by the 5th of each month. They haven't taken any this month yet.

I can use the amazon fire stick to view ALL4 but it's asking me to sign up for Prime if I try to watch any tv shows on Amazon.

It seems to have automatically cancelled my subscription instead of just going up to the full price of €5.99.

It let me sign up again for another 6 months at €2.99.:confused:

Not to sure what's going on. I'll take the €2.99 for now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭johnire

Has anyone any idea how much this costs per month?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Anyone figure out how to share it . I setup a household account with my partner but prime video isn't working for her , and can't see any option for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Does any know when The Walking Dead Season 8 might be available on Prime Video for Ireland?

And I'm guessing Ripper Street is not available in Ireland because it s part owned by the BBC. Is it likely to be on this streaming service anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Has anyone noticed a sizeable reduction in the library of movies on here, particularly newer ones? I signed up in March / April and there were some reasonably recent movies, e.g. Miss Sloane, along with some cult hits like Four Lions. I saves a lot in my watchlist and a few weeks later found them all gone. Now their man banner ad seems to be American Gangster which came out an age ago. No complaints from a tv show perspective, but the selection of movies is pretty embarrassing. Seems so much better even in the UK - can distribution agreements be that different?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Has anyone noticed a sizeable reduction in the library of movies on here, particularly newer ones? I signed up in March / April and there were some reasonably recent movies, e.g. Miss Sloane, along with some cult hits like Four Lions. I saves a lot in my watchlist and a few weeks later found them all gone. Now their man banner ad seems to be American Gangster which came out an age ago. No complaints from a tv show perspective, but the selection of movies is pretty embarrassing. Seems so much better even in the UK - can distribution agreements be that different?

Their movie selection was always rubbish in my opinion. Only for the tv series, I wouldn't bother with it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They seem to have acquired quite a few ABC TV series lately - Grey’s Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Agents of Shield, among others. And the US version of the Office, Grimm, and Outlander. And we’ve mentioned The X Files of course.

Not looking quite as bare as it was at launch, if still quite a long way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

One thing I love about prime video that I wish Netflix had is the x-ray functionality. I used think it was a load of nonsense, but I really came to like it. Was watching a movie on Netflix yesterday, wanted to see who an actor was, tried for the xray and got annoyed it didn't work...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

dulpit wrote: »
    One thing I love about prime video that I wish Netflix had is the x-ray functionality. I used think it was a load of nonsense, but I really came to like it. Was watching a movie on Netflix yesterday, wanted to see who an actor was, tried for the xray and got annoyed it didn't work...

Amazon also owns IMDB they would never licence it to Netflix to use it in a similar manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

Marje wrote: »
    Their movie selection was always rubbish in my opinion. Only for the tv series, I wouldn't bother with it.

Managed to find movies like Moonlight and The Florida project which where big Indie hits on prime but you would never know they where there as they seem to be buried in with a lot of other shlock. Didn't realise the Americans and The US Office (which was a big loss on Netflixs part) where on Prime.

Decent horror collection if your into 70s, 80s trash which Netflix wouldn't bother picking up but I loved digging up in the VHS store in the 90s :D.

I signed up too hoping to see the fifth and final season of Person Of Interest but it isnt there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I signed up too hoping to see the fifth and final season of Person Of Interest but it isnt there!
    You can borrow it from your library. Might take a couple of weeks for it to be sent to Sligo.

https://librariesireland.iii.com/iii/encore/record/C__Rb4754547__SPerson%20Of%20Interest%205__Orightresult__U__X2?lang=eng&suite=def

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

zorro2566 wrote: »

That hasn't come to Netflix yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I am a prime member on co.uk, it is a while since I tried to use Video but when I did it would show me lots of content but when I tried to watch some would get region lockout errors.

Is there some way I can have it only show me available content?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Marje wrote: »

Aye the movie selection has always been a huge disappointment, I emailed them numerous times and got the usual effusive Amazonian response promising to improve, they never did and I gave up. The worst part is that we must have the worst of any country, if you really want to annoy yourself you can add the / and country code to the justwatch website (below) and view other markets just to make you appreciate how little you get for your money here Vs. other countries.

https://www.justwatch.com/ie or /de etc

In a way it makes you appreciate Netflix more as they put the same content in both Ireland & UK (where distribution rights are largely similar) albeit the pricing differential has crept up over the years. NOWTV less so as although they also have the same content here as the UK their pricing model in Ireland Vs the UK (and their other countries) is a complete gouge, especially so on the ENT stuff (but I digress...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

mloc123 wrote: »
    I am a prime member on co.uk, it is a while since I tried to use Video but when I did it would show me lots of content but when I tried to watch some would get region lockout errors.

Is there some way I can have it only show me available content?

You need to use primevideo.com in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kooljohn74

Hi,

I've recently signed up to Prime in Ireland, prim-e-arily (pun intended) for the streaming content.

Online at primevideo.com I seem to have a decent selection of stuff, particularly with the TV series' available (Preacher, Mr. Robot, Vikings, American Gods, Bosch,etc..) but when I go to my smart TV (Panasonic) and log in to the Prime app many of these same shows are not available in my region?

Would that be right or have I done something wrong?

I would be very disappointed if I can watch those shows online but not on my smart TV.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Your sincerely,
    Kooljohn74

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Kooljohn74 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've recently signed up to Prime in Ireland, prim-e-arily (pun intended) for the streaming content.

Online at primevideo.com I seem to have a decent selection of stuff, particularly with the TV series' available (Preacher, Mr. Robot, Vikings, American Gods, Bosch,etc..) but when I go to my smart TV (Panasonic) and log in to the Prime app many of these same shows are not available in my region?

Would that be right or have I done something wrong?

I would be very disappointed if I can watch those shows online but not on my smart TV.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Your sincerely,
    Kooljohn74

yes these shows(Preacher, Mr. Robot, Vikings, American Gods, Bosch) are all available in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I wanted to watch a film on this on the app on my smart tv. It is the uk version but because my account has an Irish credit card it wouldn't let me watch the film.

That is just dumb and pushes me away from prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I have the same issue with trying to watch prime through a nintendo wee u we have in the house.

Basically it will let me sign in, navigate to the show but when I press play I get the same issue.

Works fine on PC and phones though

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kooljohn74

I have the same issue with trying to watch prime through a nintendo wee u we have in the house.

Basically it will let me sign in, navigate to the show but when I press play I get the same issue.

Works fine on PC and phones though

It is strange to have these issues on the Smart TV/games consoles as surely they would be viewed as an Irish or UK device and both regions have access to these shows.

I've looked at the settings on the TV but there's no way of altering regions so I am at a loss as to how I could fix this. Highly frustrating to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I wanted to watch a film on this on the app on my smart tv. It is the uk version but because my account has an Irish credit card it wouldn't let me watch the film.

That is just dumb and pushes me away from prime.

I can watch it on my smart tv but can’t watch it on my fire stick!

I think it depends on the device and if it’s sole Sort of UK setting in the back round !

Given that it doesn't support chromecast you have effectively no way of watching on your tv.

I'd be very reluctant to order a fire stick although the potential to use the English players away from home could be attractive.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Given that it doesn't support chromecast you have effectively no way of watching on your tv.
    There are ways!

If you've a laptop or PC, you can just cast your screen from there.
    You can also mirror your phone and cast from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Do you have your amazon account set for UK? You won't be able to buy or rent movies but all other content will be available. Not just the Irish selection

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Do you have your amazon account set for UK? You won't be able to buy or rent movies but all other content will be available. Not just the Irish selection

I just want to rent a movie. I have no interest in subscribing to prime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I just want to rent a movie. I have no interest in subscribing to prime.

You can't. It's licensed for the UK only. Well actually you can if you link a UK credit card to the account

Advertisement